This is a photo of Republican lawmakers discussing taking away maternity coverage

homersapien

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I do not think that is the proper function of government, federal government, to engage in this issue at all. 

By some miracle, by someway, we were able as a country to exist and to have children before 2009. Stop acting like this is some throwback the 1800s. 

You're welcome to your libertarian views.  I disagree.  I have no problem with minimum standards for insurance and what it should include.  

I'm not the one who acted like it was a throwback to the 1800s.  You're the one who opened that door with your "existed for 200+ years without [it]" line of thought.

Lower mortality rates and better health for women and children during pregnancy and childbirth is a good thing.  It shouldn't only be for those who can afford it.  Cutting the legs out from under demand for abortion is a good thing (if you are pro-life and not just anti-abortion that is).  

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You're welcome to your libertarian views.  I disagree.  I have no problem with minimum standards for insurance and what it should include.  

I'm not the one who acted like it was a throwback to the 1800s.  You're the one who opened that door with your "existed for 200+ years without [it]" line of thought.

Lower mortality rates and better health for women and children during pregnancy and childbirth is a good thing.  It shouldn't only be for those who can afford it.  Cutting the legs out from under demand for abortion is a good thing (if you are pro-life and not just anti-abortion that is).  

I do. Because once we get " minimum standards ", a ' base level ' of govt demands , it will always increase, expand and become ever more intrusive. 

Throw back to the 1800's. MY WORDS. That is how *I* characterize anyone who thinks that that it's soooo deplorable that we question anything about O-Care, when it was only a few years ago come online and impacted our lives. We  existed just fine w/ out it, and can do better with out it. 

And contrary to your view, I think it SHOULD be only those who can afford it.

And a ' demand' for abortion ? It's about more than just choices, but also CONSEQUENCES. Don't write checks your bank account can't cover. 

Archived