Baseball vs Troy - game thread

That was some weak as hell at bats. holy crap... 3 k's following a strong single by connor davis. And none of the guys we're even closing to touching the ball.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troy get's a lead off base hit....13 hits tonight.....dang...just can't seem to get these guys out of an inning without some the pitchers being in a bit of trouble..

Sac and runner moves to 2nd....with one out.

If we had a bullpen we would really be good.  Gotta' go to our right fielder to try and get out of the inning.  Man I love this team but this relief pitching is frustrating as hell.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If we had a bullpen we would really be good.  Gotta' go to our right fielder to try and get out of the inning.  Man I love this team but this relief pitching is frustrating as hell.

Kinda like HS when you have to go to a position player to pitch you out of a problem...but Robert did a good job and kept the score at 5-2 going to bottom of the 7th

I'm convinced Robert will be a pitcher as a pro.  He showed a 94 mph fastball right there.  Has so few pitches on the meter.  I'm wondering if Butch will eventually make him the closer.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm convinced Robert will be a pitcher as a pro.  He showed a 94 mph fastball right there.  Has so few pitches on the meter.  I'm wondering if Butch will eventually make him the closer.

He's just a great athlete. Auburn is really going to miss him. I wish he'd had CBT for his entire college career.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

He's just a great athlete. Auburn is really going to miss him. I wish he'd had CBT for his entire college career.

True but you would think a guy his size would be good for about 20 home runs a year....

Another K for Troy and another guy stranded....boy that slider is killing guys....they are just waiving at without a prayer of making contact.

It's hard to believe auburn is losing to a team that got beat by both in state rivals uab and Alabama (both are having dismal seasons).  Hopefully they can pull this one out.  I really feel like auburn being ranked a top 10 team is being too generous right now.

We have battled and had our heads in the game all year but doesn't seem like the case tonigh?  I've only read this thread, however.

i said after the Georgia series that good breaking balls would be our undoing.  In my opinion, Georgia showed everyone how to pitch against us.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but you would think a guy his size would be good for about 20 home runs a year....

If he ends up pitching it won't matter that much. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

If he ends up pitching it won't matter that much. 

True but it's a big step up and far as I can tell, he only has one pitch he can count on ....will need a lot of work but as noted, has a fresh arm and might be worth the effort for someone to teach him what he needs to be successful. It's not just about a fast ball these days. .

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

It's hard to believe auburn is losing to a team that got beat by both in state rivals uab and Alabama (both are having dismal seasons).  Hopefully they can pull this one out.  I really feel like auburn being ranked a top 10 team is being too generous right now.

I feel like a 15 or 16 would be fair.  We have proven it against good teams who have good hitting and pitching.

seems, going back a couple coaches, that the midweek pitching crew have had issues.  Might be a dumb comment since we've done well since early March. 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I feel like a 15 or 16 would be fair.  We have proven it against good teams who have good hitting and pitching.

seems, going back a couple coaches, that the midweek pitching crew have had issues.  Might be a dumb comment since we've done well since early March. 

Just not enough depth....need to save about 6 guys for the weekends but still leaves 9 or 10 who should be able to get us through ONE game in the middle of the week against a team like Troy.    frustrating to everyone ...especially BT I'm sure.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Yeah, that sounds about right.  I just don't feel we're competing consistently at that next level yet.  Who knows, there are still games left to work on batting issues such as hitting a slider

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Yeah, that sounds about right.  I just don't feel we're competing consistently at that next level yet.  Who knows, there are still games left to work on batting issues such as hitting a slider

Well, from what I've seen, hitting a slider is every college batter's problem...a guy with a good slider can make everyone look foolish....been watching the Cubs and Pirates and have seen several guys go down on nasty sliders.....looking like our guys.

Very athletic play by Robert to cover first and make that out....looked like there might be a collision but guess the base runner thought about it and decided running into a 230 pound guy was not a good plan.

Robert finishes off Troy for the game...now up to AU to put some runs on the board in the bottom of the 9th....can't recall a really sharply hit ball from AU all night....need to figure that Troy pitcher out and chase him.

Archived