2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Interesting.  Trey Hill predicts Auburn.  

yeah that was very intresting to me also the louisville commit 

All 3 of the kids that picked fsu had some kind of explanation, like they didn't know. It was just a guess. 

All 4 of the kids who said AU, just said AU. Like they knew. 

(Probably way too much of a stretch on my part, but what can I say....)

23 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

All 3 of the kids that picked fsu had some kind of explanation, like they didn't know. It was just a guess. 

All 4 of the kids who said AU, just said AU. Like they knew. 

(Probably way too much of a stretch on my part, but what can I say....)

thats pretty much the same conclusion I came to and for Kearis it sounded like it was almost a plea to get him to come to georgia.

With the bump to #2 overall by Rivals Justin will be the composite #1 recruit in the nation when it is updated, likely tomorrow.

For months, Malzahn kept saying we're going to sign 2 QB's. The only 2 QB's that were brought up was Gatewood and Fields. Gatewood is still in the fold, but Fields now seems to be considering 2 teams and Auburn isn't one of them. It looks like he's down to Georgia and Florida. Seems like every year Malzahn says Auburn is going to sign 2 QB's and they only sign 1 or sometimes zero. Again, Gus has problems in getting 5* high school QB's.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

For months, Malzahn kept saying we're going to sign 2 QB's. The only 2 QB's that were brought up was Gatewood and Fields. Gatewood is still in the fold, but Fields now seems to be considering 2 teams and Auburn isn't one of them. It looks like he's down to Georgia and Florida. Seems like every year Malzahn says Auburn is going to sign 2 QB's and they only sign 1 or sometimes zero. Again, Gus has problems in getting 5* high school QB's.

copy/paste

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

This is a weak attempt, even by your normal standards. 

47 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

hold on...am I missing something?     I feel like the controllers at NASA when Apollo 13 was saying they were shimmying and shaking.     I just read accounts we are very much in the thick of this.

Just read an article implying he is down to two and we are not in it. While I do not believe we are out of it, I am starting to feel like we have slipped a bit. Hopefully I am wrong. 

Florida got Matt Coral. Fields is not going to go there. They both had talked at the Elite 11 about having GA and FL in their final teams and the first one to pull the trigger the other would not go there. Now FSU on the other hand is in the mix. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn is definitely being considered by Fields. Please stop trying to troll so hard.

26 minutes ago, Samau said:

Just read an article implying he is down to two and we are not in it. While I do not believe we are out of it, I am starting to feel like we have slipped a bit. Hopefully I am wrong. 

We haven't. FSU is the one that has apparently slipped for now.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Yea our QB recruiting has been terrible with Gus. Let's see Cam Newton, Nic Marshall now J Stidham with Sean White. Possibly Justin Fields & Bo Nix.  Just terrible!

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We haven't. FSU is the one that has apparently slipped for now.

This. UGA is playing the home team card big time. We are still in very good shape. It is funny that Kearis Jackson picks UGA and basically puts out a recruiting message of home team and then Trey Hill who is friends with Kearis and JF picks AU for Fields. FSU is not out and I think it comes down to AU or FSU due to the lack of offensive production by UGA. Hill and Monday who are close with JF pay attention to them.

11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Just noticed Justin has an offer from Harvard. fwiw.

I really want him but if we don't get him I am pulling for Harvard. Then we don't play him and he can't hurt us. Chance of being Harvard is probably 1 in 1000.   LOL

Ok 23 and Ellior I will believe both of you as you both seem to be well connected. Question if FSU has slipped on JF, are we ahead with UGA and/or is it very close?  Thanks 

49 minutes ago, Samau said:

Ok 23 and Ellior I will believe both of you as you both seem to be well connected. Question if FSU has slipped on JF, are we ahead with UGA and/or is it very close?  Thanks 

Everybody but Auburn "insiders" are saying that UGA and Fl. St. lead. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Everybody but Auburn "insiders" are saying that UGA and Fl. St. lead. 

FSU's staff doesn't feel that way FWIW.

What's the difference between what our insiders are saying compared to what Georgia and Florida State's insiders are saying?

I feel like everyone just thinks they know something.

Archived