Jacobs (finally) Says AU Should be in the East

AU-24

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

People at Auburn believe it will. Not in near future but I was told by a former AD it would be in his lifetime.

23 I've been running this joint since you left us and now you're just gonna come in here and put me in my place? I won't stand for this!!! 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

23 I've been running this joint since you left us and now you're just gonna come in here and put me in my place? I won't stand for this!!! 

LOL not trying to step on toes at all Clayton u know u the man.  I was just relaying that, that's not saying it will be soon.  He just gave me that statement and he could live for 30 more years.  So really he was just saying it will happen.  Auburn is pushing for this, and it makes sense.  TPTB want the traditional rivalries of UF and UT back every year.  Also moving us to the East makes away games a lot closer for fans etc. He did not say give up the Iron Bowl like Dye said, because this will NEVER happen.  The SEC will never allow its money game not being played every year.  The move to a 9 game conference regular season schedule would do the trick after the move was one thing I have heard.  Play opponents in your division and then 2 rivalry games every year so AU/Bama UT/Bama.  Interesting who the other rival from the west to play AU every year would be.

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Interesting who the other rival from the west to play AU every year would be.

IMO...LSU

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO...LSU

That's what I was thinking but that would make for a very tough schedule every year.  Basically still playing the best teams in the West with us gone.  It would have to be one of the Mississippi schools or LSU though.

23 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

That's what I was thinking but that would make for a very tough schedule every year.  Basically still playing the best teams in the West with us gone.  It would have to be one of the Mississippi schools or LSU though.

Yeah, we're screwed either way. Lol

12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, we're screwed either way. Lol

How about TAMU? We seem to have a little rivalry starting to bubble with them.

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Screw bammer. If they want AU. they can make it to the SECCG and play us/

I'm with you I couldn't care less if we never played the turds again.The rivalry has gotten to nasty and bitter,poisioning the trees did me in with them.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I'm with you I couldn't care less if we never played the turds again.The rivalry has gotten to nasty and bitter,poisioning the trees did me in with them.

Completely disagree. It would be really bad for CF and bad for Auburn and Alabama alike if we didn't play every  year. Just look at the UT TAM rivalry - its really disappointing that they don't play anymore. I just say suck it up and take it like a man. You feel that way because you are tired of being hammered by a Saban coached team. It's easy to forget that not too long ago right before Saba came aboard that we beat them 6 years in a row. Those days could return - once Saban retires.

26 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Completely disagree. It would be really bad for CF and bad for Auburn and Alabama alike if we didn't play every  year. Just look at the UT TAM rivalry - its really disappointing that they don't play anymore. I just say suck it up and take it like a man. You feel that way because you are tired of being hammered by a Saban coached team. It's easy to forget that not too long ago right before Saba came aboard that we beat them 6 years in a row. Those days could return - once Saban retires.

I do not feel that way because of saban,it's there fans.

41 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I do not feel that way because of saban,it's there fans.

Unfortunately, for those of you who live in the South, their fans aren't going away even if we move to the East.  First there will be a good 5 years of comments about how we changed conferences because we are afraid of them, and when that dies down, it will just be the same "we're the greatest of all time and you suck" crap that you get from them now. The only thing eliminating the Iron Bowl would do, as a positive, is prevent retaliation from psycho fans when we beat them... and they will still come out of the woodwork when we beat them in Atlanta.

Or in simpler terms... you can't fix stupid.

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Unfortunately, for those of you who live in the South, their fans aren't going away even if we move to the East.  First there will be a good 5 years of comments about how we changed conferences because we are afraid of them, and when that dies down, it will just be the same "we're the greatest of all time and you suck" crap that you get from them now. The only thing eliminating the Iron Bowl would do, as a positive, is prevent retaliation from psycho fans when we beat them... and they will still come out of the woodwork when we beat them in Atlanta.

Or in simpler terms... you can't fix stupid.

giphy.gif

I can guarantee that if when au moves to east the Iron bowl will still be played every year. I don't even think they would change the date it would still be the last game.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, tbone4jc said:

If Auburn had any chance to move to the east it was when we added Missouri from the beginning. Unless we add another team or two from the west, it ain't happening. Besides,  I like the west. All other conferences compare themselves to the SEC west. You've got to have on big boy pants to compete in th wild, wild west.!!

Man, there's no situation where I rather make a conference championship once out every 3-4 years over a large chance to make it yearly. It's not like we get more respect from anybody playing in the mid-tier bowls after going 4-4, or lord willing, 5-3, in conference year in and year out. I want championships, I don't care about having a slightly easier schedule (we still have to play Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, 3 top 20 D1 programs)

Archived