2019 Early Look at QB's

auburn4ever

Bo Nix

Taulia Tagovailoa

Others will come on the scene this season in their Junior years.  We will know a lot more about them by December because unlike other positions you don't rotate like RB/WR/LB/DB.  QB/OL/DL start getting noticed really in their junior years.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see AU target a PRO style QB into the mix.  But definitely not an unathletic one just maybe bigger bodied.

All we need is a guy who can occasionally escape pressure and extend the play. Gus never "needed" a "dual threat" QB- he just happened to get lucky with 2 of the greatest running QBs in CFB history- and neither does Chip. 

Stid is that guy.  Mayfield at OU. Winston at FSU. Josh Norman at KSU back in the day. Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Steve Young... I mean, yeah, I'm talking about some HoFers with that last group, but we can find poor man's versions of them. Physically, just give me a decent arm and the ability to avoid pressure and extend the play while keeping eyes downfield. (It's that last quality that made me so high on Sean White coming in. No need to get into the other stuff here.)

If we don't sign 2 QB's in 2018, then Gus needs to either let someone recruit and sign 4* and 5* QB's or someone needs to teach him so he'll know how to sign 2 top QB's in 2019. Bo Nix being one of them.

31 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we don't sign 2 QB's in 2018, then Gus needs to either let someone recruit and sign 4* and 5* QB's or someone needs to teach him so he'll know how to sign 2 top QB's in 2019. Bo Nix being one of them.

I'm serious about us hitting the road. Let's go recruit some players together. With our knowledge and passion, we will bring in all the 5* players.

59 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

S***. I may need a mods ruling on this post. I'm afraid this may have already killed my "Mark My Words" prediction, lol. 

On 8/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, AU Is Gold said:

I'm serious about us hitting the road. Let's go recruit some players together. With our knowledge and passion, we will bring in all the 5* players.

I got north Texas...and yes, I know QBs.   I was there when Pat Washington was slinging it around.  Ok, truth be told he tossed a few times when he wasn't pitching it to Bo or Brent.   But I can sell Auburn to a HS player!

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Looking at that list: Spencer Rattler ?from AZ? Are you kidding me? Dude is set for a pro wrestling career without even changing his name, lol ? 

I wonder if we could toss some effort to a couple of West Coast kids and attract them to Auburn.  other SEC schools lands some west coast kids.  

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, corchjay said:

Bo Nix

Taulia Tagovailoa

Others will come on the scene this season in their Junior years.  We will know a lot more about them by December because unlike other positions you don't rotate like RB/WR/LB/DB.  QB/OL/DL start getting noticed really in their junior years.

If we do recruit TT, I hope he grows about 3 inches between now and then. Not a fan at all of qbs less than 6'2".

17 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, Bo is the only one of the top 6 QBs for 2019 who isn't already committed. C'mon Bo!  What are you waiting on?

Well... if Gus took a page out of the old school playbook, he's asked him to wait and see what Fields does... if Fields commits to us, then he hangs on and finds a good time to put it out there, if Fields doesn't, then he commits that same day to keep our momentum going.

Of course, that's all assuming that he's an Auburn silent, based on the various people who have said he's all ours, even if we get Fields.

Archived