2017 Fall Camp - Sat, Aug 19 (Scrimmage #3)

ValleyTiger

Sat, Aug 19 
No media viewing window 
11:45 a.m. – Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews 
3:30-5:30 p.m. – Fan Day (no player interviews)

27a1.png Full Camp Schedule

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of player interviews today to end fall camp. Here's one more:

14 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

the most beautiful passes you'll ever see. Also, McClain has wheels. Fastest receiving core we've ever had 

Passes are sweeeeet! McClain is an intimidating looking dude.. you know his height/weight?

8 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Passes are sweeeeet! McClain is an intimidating looking dude.. you know his height/weight?

6'2 226 according to the AU website. He also was an all star in track in high school like Iggy. I would be interested to see who's the fastest out of him/Hastings/Noah 

That was McClain with the grab in the back of the endzone, too. Also, spotted James at RT and Smith at RG on that throw from Stidham to what looked like R Davis. Dinson out of his non-contact jersey. 1st team OL in the first few frames was as has been reported all week Tega, Horton, Golson, Smith, James. :hellyeah:

Hmmm, I wonder what @ellitor and @GwillMac6 think about the belt!?

9 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Hmmm, I wonder what @ellitor and @GwillMac6 think about the belt!?

Has a nice vintage look to it!!! I can dig that!

Did not know Gary Walker was the son of the GW that played at Auburn. He does have something to live up to, GW was a good player.

35 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

That was McClain with the grab in the back of the endzone, too. Also, spotted James at RT and Smith at RG on that throw from Stidham to what looked like R Davis. Dinson out of his non-contact jersey. 1st team OL in the first few frames was as has been reported all week Tega, Horton, Golson, Smith, James. :hellyeah:

I think we're to the point where we can say this is our starting OL no matter what CGM says

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I expect them to announce that starting 5 on Monday.

Do you know what their practice schedule is for the school weeks?

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

6'2 226 according to the AU website. He also was an all star in track in high school like Iggy. I would be interested to see who's the fastest out of him/Hastings/Noah 

6'2 226 with the speed of Hastings? His hands look nice too so I hope we utilize him enough.. Pretty close to unstoppable potential-wise

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I expect them to announce that starting 5 on Monday.

I hope the O-line is set and they just haven't announced it yet. It needs to be set asap and quit messing around.

If the starting OL ends up being what we think that's great news. Speaks volumes about Tega and Horton if they beat out a lineup with Dunn and Bell -- good for the present and future.

Very impressed with Bell's attitude and Team first mentality.  It would be easy to come in and be disruptive to the cohesion of the unit as late as it is in his career if you were not starting.  Seems like a great young man that we will need this year.  McClain is a friggin beast.  Thick like Ronney Daniels and speed to burn.  If you sit back and look at this WR corp it is impressive.  Very impressive actually.  With a QB that can get them any ball anywhere coupled with our running game things could be special.  Show me great use of the TE in the passing game as well and I might start smack talking some mutts over here as they daydream of 1980 over and over every year.

So I'm pretty new to AUFamily.. a week old tomorrow (woo!) Does this happen every year where we all just completely drool over our team? Or is this year truly more awesome than usual?

2 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

So I'm pretty new to AUFamily.. a week old tomorrow (woo!) Does this happen every year where we all just completely drool over our team? Or is this year truly more awesome than usual?

This forum was completely miserable this time last year. 

42 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Depends.... best advice I can give is just ignore @bigbird and you'll be good to go. Oh and trust every word I say of course

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

Did not know Gary Walker was the son of the GW that played at Auburn. He does have something to live up to, GW was a good player.

Who remembers Gary Walker's famous quote he screamed into the TV camera on the field after we upset Florida in 1994?

55 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Well crap, guess it got taken down.

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Depends.... best advice I can give is just ignore @bigbird and you'll be good to go. Oh and trust every word I say of course

Interesting choice of words there...

Archived