2017 Fall Camp - Sat, Aug 19 (Scrimmage #3)

ValleyTiger

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep figured you would notice that for the 1000 time

image.png200.webp#0-grid1

You can say that again...

The 1st step is admitting you have a problem

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Not enough PBR's is my damn problem

Ill check my couch to see if i can help you buy some more

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

So I'm pretty new to AUFamily.. a week old tomorrow (woo!) Does this happen every year where we all just completely drool over our team? Or is this year truly more awesome than usual?

It most certainly does not happen every year. This really seems to be a year like no other. Welcome to the family and we're gonna need @GwillMac6 to help you with your "woo!"

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Very impressed with Bell's attitude and Team first mentality.  It would be easy to come in and be disruptive to the cohesion of the unit as late as it is in his career if you were not starting.  Seems like a great young man that we will need this year.  McClain is a friggin beast.  Thick like Ronney Daniels and speed to burn.  If you sit back and look at this WR corp it is impressive.  Very impressive actually.  With a QB that can get them any ball anywhere coupled with our running game things could be special.  Show me great use of the TE in the passing game as well and I might start smack talking some mutts over here as they daydream of 1980 over and over every year.

Bell said that AU was his dream school I believe so I'm pretty sure he is glad just to be here but of course he does want to play. It's really helpful that we have so many multi-faceted wr's with so much upside. Stid's job is so easy when he's got weapons on weapons at his disposal. We just need that o-line do it's job man.

16 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

It most certainly does not happen every year. This really seems to be a year like no other. Welcome to the family and we're gonna need @GwillMac6 to help you with your "woo!"

It goes like this: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know the extent of the injured defensive players?  I noticed in Steele's interview this week that there were a couple DB's injured.  He did say they would be ready for gametime, but you can still play injured.  Carlton Davis did that all last year.  I just want to know if our defensive players will start the season 100%, especially in the secondary.  

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Anyone know the extent of the injured defensive players?  I noticed in Steele's interview this week that there were a couple DB's injured.  He did say they would be ready for gametime, but you can still play injured.  Carlton Davis did that all last year.  I just want to know if our defensive players will start the season 100%, especially in the secondary.  

So the word is (I asked the same thing a couple days ago) that despite several people having a bump here and there, nobody is being held up by their "injury". Aside from Whitlow, nobody is being hampered apparently. Knock on wood, though :-\

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Who remembers Gary Walker's famous quote he screamed into the TV camera on the field after we upset Florida in 1994?

We're the best!! Give us our respect!!!

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

Did not know Gary Walker was the son of the GW that played at Auburn. He does have something to live up to, GW was a good player.

Went to the same HS. He was a few years older. He would come back and workout in the offseason. Big freaking dude. Saw and heard him break an opposing QB's femur his senior year in HS. Hit him in the thigh when he sacked him. Sounded like a rifle. Always heard the reason he signed with Auburn was bc Dye took him hunting. He didn't qualify, went to Hinds CC and came back to play for Bowden.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It goes like this: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, that is so lame ?. Where is the Nature Boy gif?

31 minutes ago, fredst said:

in a hospital recuperating!!!! got to hold it down till he is out!

McClain seems to make big plays in almost all scrimmage situations.  Yet not much is said about him and I think I remember Kodi down playing him early in fall like he was behind the others.  

Not sure what it is but he has definitely balled out at times.  That WR rotation is gonna be nasty if we can possess the ball this season.

May be showing my age here, but looking at Will Hastings in this short video at Twittter...

...I can't help but kind of want to call him Opie and ask him what his dad Sheriff Taylor is up to these days. ;) 

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

McClain seems to make big plays in almost all scrimmage situations.  Yet not much is said about him and I think I remember Kodi down playing him early in fall like he was behind the others.  

Not sure what it is but he has definitely balled out at times.  That WR rotation is gonna be nasty if we can possess the ball this season.

I sort of got called out on a post back in the spring, can't remember by who, but I still say that Mclain could be our most physically gifted WR. I also said Derrick Brown may wind up being the best DT ever to play at Auburn. I'm sticking by that one too. I hope we dont leave Mclain languishing on the bench too long. His catch, and run in the spring game was a thing of beauty. He really turned on the jets, and just ran away from the DB's.

13 hours ago, djg0017 said:

So I'm pretty new to AUFamily.. a week old tomorrow (woo!) Does this happen every year where we all just completely drool over our team? Or is this year truly more awesome than usual?

We are an interesting breed.

Most posters will go to one extreme or the other. Some are unashamed sunshine pumpers and some are perpetual Debbie downers. 

The board is more optimistic at this point this year than I have seen in a good while. And legitimately so.  We have a very talented, deep, hungry team.  

The concerns we discussed this year have been like no other:  secondary depth has been a top concern (and I can remember when we had less depth and it wasn't in the top 5 of concerns), which RB will emerge as our #3 back, will our punter be more consistent, how quickly will the coaches settle on a really strong starting 5 OL, (our 2s on OL would be in the top half of the SEC this year), last week there was concern because Stidham may have thrown a pick 6 in practice!!! Really?!?  And then come to find out it probably wasn't him.  That's how good this team is!!!  That's how few holes this team has!!!  It really has the potential to be a special year!!!

Now my biggest concern for this team is the schedule.  We play @ the defending champ week 2.  3 SECW road games in a row including a place we haven't won this millennium, and then we close out the year with our 2 biggest rivals, one could be really good this year and the other is the preseason #1 across the board. We could be a "top 5 type" team and still finish 9-3.  Obviously we are hoping for better than that. 

14 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Happens most years. If the previous season was poor to mediocre the fan base slowly puts that behind them over the course of the spring and summer. If the previous season was great the fan base comes to expect the same regardless of great players that are gone. Excitement and enthusiasm builds each time a big play is made in A-Day or a preseason scrimmage. Expectations peak the day before the season starts because we all know our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams by name, height, weight, and bench press. No one has thrown an Int or dropped a pass or missed a tackle. People say things like "our backups could finish 3rd in the SEC."

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Most posters will go to one extreme or the other. Some are unashamed sunshine pumpers and some are perpetual Debbie downers. 

The board is more optimistic at this point this year than I have seen in a good while. And legitimately so.  We have a very talented, deep, hungry team.  

Could not agree more with both statements. Right now the Auburn nation is full of sunshine. Unfortunately on this board the call for blood comes fast and quick.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I sort of got called out on a post back in the spring, can't remember by who, but I still say that Mclain could be our most physically gifted WR. I also said Derrick Brown may wind up being the best DT ever to play at Auburn. I'm sticking by that one too. I hope we dont leave Mclain languishing on the bench too long. His catch, and run in the spring game was a thing of beauty. He really turned on the jets, and just ran away from the DB's.

I'm pretty sure he did that against the first team defense too. Kid looks very talented and kind of reminds me of (don't get all crazy because I am saying this) .............Julio Jones.

17 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Could not agree more with both statements. Right now the Auburn nation is full of sunshine. Unfortunately on this board the call for blood comes fast and quick.

Even though residents of Barrow, the northernmost town in Alaska, won't see the sun for 67 days come winter, they enjoy the midnight sun all summer - over 80 days of uninterrupted daylight. That's a lot of sunshine @AlaskanFAN!!!

I guess optimism is in the eye of the beholder.. I look at our schedule and I think there's no way our team just farts out and loses all 4 to Clemson, LSU, UGA, and Bama. I think that would take extreme coincidence and several bad breaks. And as a natural pessimist, that is why I'm optimistic(-ish).

9 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I'm pretty sure he did that against the first team defense too. Kid looks very talented and kind of reminds me of (don't get all crazy because I am saying this) .............Julio Jones.

Sort of reminds me of that Mike Williams from Clemson, although I believe McClain is faster.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:55 PM, fredst said:

Kind'a prefer Mr. GWill's accent

Archived