NFL Thread

aujeff11

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Most underrated, underappreciated QB of all time?

Absolutely. I think cowboys fans are seeing that with noodle arm, checkdown charlie, dink and dunk dak manning the position now. Without zeke last year he tanked and could not carry them. The OL and Zeke are the MVP's of that team and the engine that makes them go. But yah everyone loves making fun of romo but the narrative is so wrong on him. People only see a few highlights of crunch time and go O WOW he is a choker when during his time as a starter he had some of the best numbers in the whole nfl of qb's in the clutch. 

Edited by GwillMac6

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely. I think cowboys fans are seeing that with noodle arm, checkdown charlie, dink and dunk dak manning the position now. Without zeke last year he tanked and could not carry them. The OL and Zeke are the MVP's of that team and the engine that makes them go. But yah everyone loves making fun of romo but the narrative is so wrong on him. People only see a few highlights of crunch time numbers when during his time as a starter he had some of the best numbers in the whole nfl of qb's in the clutch. 

Romo gives damn good analysis. Don’t you dare push him back to football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Romo gives damn good analysis. Don’t you dare push him back to football.

He is already my favorite analyst easily in all of sports after only season so I def want him to stay in the booth. Just hate this false narrative of him being a bad qb.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is already my favorite analyst easily in all of sports after only season so I def want him to stay in the booth. Just hate this false narrative of him being a bad qb.

Love love LOVE his combination of weirdness and sky high football IQ. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Love love LOVE his combination of weirdness and sky high football IQ. 

hahaha I love how he does not try to be mr cool all american cliche sports movie QB. He is totally himself and it is so authentic and comes across so great on t.v. I LOVE IT LOOFY!!!! Great way of putting it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha I love how he does not try to be mr cool all american cliche sports movie QB. He is totally himself and it is so authentic and comes across so great on t.v. I LOVE IT LOOFY!!!! Great way of putting it.

His authentic self, absolutely. Just Tony Bro-mo being Tony Bro-mo. And calling plays before they happen. 

My wife and I were like "WTF is wrong with this guy" at first and by the end of the season we were hooooooooked. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is already my favorite analyst easily in all of sports after only season so I def want him to stay in the booth. 

No Chris Collingsworth? Me too. He has an excitement about him.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just hate this false narrative of him being a bad qb.

He did pretty well, but the way he choked in the big games will always be his memory to.a lot of fans. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

His authentic self, absolutely. Just Tony Bro-mo being Tony Bro-mo. And calling plays before they happen. 

My wife and I were like "WTF is wrong with this guy" at first and by the end of the season we were hooooooooked. 

You know he is good at being a sports analyst when the wifey likes him!!! WOOOOOO! Love to hear it fam!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

Former Dolphins Head Coach.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Damn. The definition of a tweet that did not age well. Get well soon, young man. Hate to hear it. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. The definition of a tweet that did not age well. Get well soon, young man. Hate to hear it. 

:[

45.gif

• Haha 1

Daryl Williams, starting RT for the Panthers went down with an injury today. Not good... 

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Daryl Williams, starting RT for the Panthers went down with an injury today. Not good... 

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

Is this the end of the NFL as we know it....not this year or next.....but within 10 years?   

Already paid out 1/2 Billion bucks for concussion claims …..and it's just getting started.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-concussion-settlement-claims-hit-500-million-fraction-projected-time-201624723.html

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Is this the end of the NFL as we know it....not this year or next.....but within 10 years?   

Already paid out 1/2 Billion bucks for concussion claims …..and it's just getting started.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-concussion-settlement-claims-hit-500-million-fraction-projected-time-201624723.html

That is BAD news. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That is BAD news. 

Yep and I don't now how college football can avoid the same fate now that the connection has been established/ admitted .....and just wondering where the college money  is gonna come from? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep and I don't now how college football can avoid the same fate now that the connection has been established/ admitted .....and just wondering where the college money  is gonna come from? 

We better enjoy the NFL while we can. I guess I can see why they are trying to penalize any form of contact to the head now.

In other news, the Browns waived Trenton Thompson today.

HOF preseason game is this Thursday. There will now be American football every week until the Super Bowl.

breathe, exhale, the wait is almost over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

HOF preseason game is this Thursday. There will now be American football every week until the Super Bowl.

breathe, exhale, the wait is almost over.

Actually through like March or April. The new football league starts the week after SB

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Actually through like March or April. The new football league starts the week after SB

giphy.gif

• Haha 1