NFL Thread

aujeff11

Chiefs are my second team after Steelers. Been following them since they appeared in the first Super Bowl. They had three Auburn players were starters for the team Dave Hill OT, Bobby Hunt DB and Chuck Hurston DE

I respect the hell out of Andy Reid. That’s the only reason why  I kinda like the Chiefs. 

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

The future is bright I tell ya. How do you feel about the Favre comparison minus the picks? I haven't caught much of him but I will definitely tune in when they play the jags next. THAT will be a game to really see if he's IT. 

There is some Favre there for sure, and some Vick, and some Cunningham, and some Steph Curry, and some Michael Jordan (seriously, the left handed pass made me think of when MJ laid it up with his left after shifting from his right *at the rim*)... He's the truth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Can't help but to think the Chiefs will pull a Chiefs and lose in the playoffs after winning like 10+ games. Andy Reid offense with Mahomes, Watkins, Hunt, Hill and the like plus that defense....They should go deep into the playoffs.

That defense? Didn't they come in to the game last night as one of the worst defenses in the nfl? lol. Not really pulling a chiefs but moreso pulling a Andy Reid. Dude is the Mark Richt of the NFL. Can never win the big one. I hope he does. One of the best playcallers we have seen. True QB guru.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That defense? Didn't they come in to the game last night as one of the worst defenses in the nfl? lol. Not really pulling a chiefs but moreso pulling a Andy Reid. Dude is the Mark Richt of the NFL. Can never win the big one. I hope he does. One of the best playcallers we have seen. True QB guru.

Well I just assumed about the defense since they've usually had good lb's and pass rushers

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Well I just assumed about the defense since they've usually had good lb's and pass rushers

Their first and second down defense will be the Achilles heel assuming Mahomes can keep it up. NFL defenses are learning on the fly how to scheme against Mahomes though, so I’m expecting some drop off. 

• Like 2

Love footage of tbe Rams practicing sacking the QB. The right way. Be sure to watch 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Panthers win on a 63 yard FG at the end of the game over the Giants.......could have made it from 70...….

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Drew Brees has to be one of the most underrated athletes of all time. When Manning was about to break the record IT WAS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the sports networks and sports radio could talk about. But when brees was closing in BARELY A PEEP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Love 1

Kamara has been extremely quiet tonight and Ingram is doing great. Kamara’s fantasy owners have to be disappointed. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Drew Brees has to be one of the most underrated athletes of all time. When Manning was about to break the record IT WAS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the sports networks and sports radio could talk about. But when brees was closing in BARELY A PEEP.

I wonder why that is? Maybe he's just not as marketable as Manning for whatever reason? Maybe because he wasn't going up against Brady in the conference championship game every season with Viniateri kicking a last second field goal for both teams at one point or another? It's weird. Not only does he produce, but he's damned fun to watch play and that Saints offense more often than not plays a really exciting brand of football. And that's hard to say when I'm a Falcons fan and I think Mark Ingram, as the only former bama player that I truly dislike, is an overrated piece of garbage. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Kamara has been extremely quiet tonight and Ingram is doing great. Kamara’s fantasy owners have to be disappointed. 

I’m disappointed but Brees is my QB so I won. As far as Kamara goes, I believe Sean was giving him more rest because of his workload the first four weeks and getting Ingram worked in. I think he’s looking long term and trying to balance his horses. He was able to feed them both at a high level last season so I believe once they come out of the bye week there’s going to be a split more resembling that of last season. 

Edited by aubearcat

This was all about making it a special night for Brees. Only fitting he got it on a Touchdown pass that was vintage Brees. I loved how he did it against Norman with the body fake on the screen pass. Just feel bad for the receiver.  His first NFL touchdown, and the ball is now in Hall of Fame instead of getting to keep it. At least he can say he caught the record breaking pass. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder why that is? Maybe he's just not as marketable as Manning for whatever reason? Maybe because he wasn't going up against Brady in the conference championship game every season with Viniateri kicking a last second field goal for both teams at one point or another? It's weird. Not only does he produce, but he's damned fun to watch play and that Saints offense more often than not plays a really exciting brand of football. And that's hard to say when I'm a Falcons fan and I think Mark Ingram, as the only former bama player that I truly dislike, is an overrated piece of garbage. 

I mean he has done his fair share of commercials. Just not as many as Manning has done. It is not a small market thing since Manning played most of hsi career in freaking Indy. It has always been like this though for brees in his career. He has so many nfl records and has prolific passing numbers and td numbers year after year but because he was not 1 of the big 3 (Rodgers, Brady and Manning.) He got talked about half as much. I really do not get it or understand it either. Top 5 NFL QB all time easily and a very great argument can be made he is higher than that. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean he has done his fair share of commercials. Just not as many as Manning has done. It is not a small market thing since Manning played most of hsi career in freaking Indy. It has always been like this though for brees in his career. He has so many nfl records and has prolific passing numbers and td numbers year after year but because he was not 1 of the big 3 (Rodgers, Brady and Manning.) He got talked about half as much. I really do not get it or understand it either. Top 5 NFL QB all time easily and a very great argument can be made he is higher than that. 

It’s because Manning and Brady would have done just as good in Payton’s system. 

Overall current ranking of GOAT is as follows:

Brady (the rings and GOAT SB comeback)

Peyton (the stats in much shorter period than Brady plus two rings)

Brees (A pro’s pro)

Favre (The Green Bay GOAT)

Cam ( Superman)

Fitzmagic (enough said)

Rodgers ( Injury prone, horrible with his family, dates ugly women, does less with more, etc.)

Chiefs vs Pats Sunday what do you guys think? If they beat the Pats in Foxboro they will rep the AFC in the championship. But then again there's that Andy Reid thing...

Just now, WFE12 said:

Chiefs vs Pats Sunday what do you guys think? If they beat the Pats in Foxboro they will rep the AFC in the championship. But then again there's that Andy Reid thing...

I think the Pats win fam. Brady gets the ball out so quick, any pass rush will be ineffective. I hate the Patriots offense with a passion too but it’s effective.

I also think Mahomes is going to come down to earth a little bit. What game is tonight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I think the Pats win fam. Brady gets the ball out so quick, any pass rush will be ineffective. I hate the Patriots offense with a passion too but it’s effective.

I also think Mahomes is going to come down to earth a little bit. What game is tonight?

Eagles v Giants 

The Giants should’ve drafted a QB...they knew what they had. Eli is the scapegoat though. So dumb.

Sequon is a generational talent. Dude is incredible. Speed, balance, and power. Barry Sanders comparisons might not seem far fetch in a few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Sequon is a generational talent. Dude is incredible. Speed, balance, and power. Barry Sanders comparisons might not seem far fetch in a few years.

Yep. I see where the hype comes from. He’s a little boom or bust on each play right now though. He’s got some moves though.

Edited by aujeff11