NBA Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I like him but probably not as much as you think, but I if I'm a scorer I want to play with this guy. Ever since Kobe left I've been trying to find somebody to replace him......I really like giannis if he develops a jumper it's over

You had him as your avi for  I swear 2 years. YOU GOT DAMN RIGHT. I thought he was your favorite player in the NBA!!!!!! lol. You paul pierce pump faked me on this one!!! WTF?!?! I feel you on trying to find someone to replace your all time favorite. Once Bron retires I probaly won't even watch ball unless Bronny and or Bryce become stars in the NBA! haha.

Edited by GwillMac6

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

I like him but probably not as much as you think, but I if I'm a scorer I want to play with this guy. Ever since Kobe left I've been trying to find somebody to replace him......I really like giannis if he develops a jumper it's over

I didn’t know you were a Kobe fan. No wonder I like you so much.

• Like 1

@Scotty2Hotty will be here in a minute to talk about Harper and his dominating performance against uab. He said he'll be starting the game with Steph in the all star game.

#sorryharden

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn’t know you were a Kobe fan. No wonder I like you so much.

I actually just watched this great clip with many players everybody talking about him. Pretty cool

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I actually just watched this great clip with many players everybody talking about him. Pretty cool

Kobe does not get the respect he deserves. I see him left out of a lot of top 10 all time lists for the NBA. He is easily top 10 for sure. For me he is a much more complete scorer than degenerate gambler, hitler mustache, mid range jesus. Kobe can do everything just as good as he did PLUS he has a real good 3 point shot. They had to move the 3 point line in a couple of seasons just for that piece of s*** to hit a respectable % from there lol. I cannot respect the supposed best scorer ever WHO CANT EVEN MAKE A GOT DANG THREE!!!!! lmao. Anyways Forever shouting kooooooooooooobe as we shoot wadded up pieces of paper at trash cans. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kobe does not get the respect he deserves. I see him left out of a lot of top 10 all time lists for the NBA. He is easily top 10 for sure. For me he is a much more complete scorer than degenerate gambler, hitler mustache, mid range jesus. Kobe can do everything just as good as he did PLUS he has a real good 3 point shot. They had to move the 3 point line in a couple of seasons just for that piece of s*** to hit a respectable % from there lol. I cannot respect the supposed best scorer ever WHO CANT EVEN MAKE A GOT DANG THREE!!!!! lmao. Anyways Forever shouting kooooooooooooobe as we shoot wadded up pieces of paper at trash cans. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!

Poor Gwill. The GOAT hasn’t played in decades and your butt is still as red as ever. 

MJ> Lebron> Kobe is tbe order.  DWI

3pt percentage:

Lebron: .345

Bryant: .329

Jordan: .327

Your point is ridiculous.

You also think Aaron Rodgers is GOAT, TOO. What you have is simply a user malfunction.

Edited by aujeff11

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Poor Gwill. The GOAT hasn’t played in decades and your butt is still as red as ever. 

MJ> Lebron> Kobe is tbe order.  DWI

3pt percentage:

Lebron: .345

Bryant: .329

Jordan: .327

Your point is ridiculous.

You also think Aaron Rodgers is GOAT, TOO. What you have is simply a user malfunction.

I’d put Mamba ahead of bron. 

12 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Its a toss up. Still think he’s pound for pound a better talent, but Lebron was overall more dominant both sides of the court when he was in his prime. For the sake of toying with Gwill, I’ll shift to MJ> Kobe> Lebron.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

That is fair. But I would go 1. Bron 2. Kareem 3. Kobe 4. Shaq 5. Duncan

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is fair. But I would go 1. Bron 2. Kareem 3. Kobe 4. Shaq 5. Duncan

No Russell (Bill)?

Just now, aubearcat said:

No Russell (Bill)?

hahaha same reason I do not have wilt, bill or the bald dude from the 90's. 60's and 90's were the 2 weakest eras in nba history. So I just do not put a lot of stock in to the stars from that era. Trust me so many people will disagree so I am used to it lol

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

60's and 90's were the 2 weakest eras in nba history

MJ won MVP, the scoring title, and defensive MVP in the same year in the mid 80’s. 

And how do you reconcile this with knowing that Rodgers has mostly feasted on s***ty teams within his division for years (since 08?)

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha same reason I do not have wilt, bill or the bald dude from the 90's. 60's and 90's were the 2 weakest eras in nba history. So I just do not put a lot of stock in to the stars from that era. Trust me so many people will disagree so I am used to it lol

Shaq came into the league in ‘92. Timmy D came in ‘97. Lots of great stars (Barkley, Ewing, Olajuwon, Thomas, LJ, etc...)and really physical ball played in the ‘80s-‘90s. 

It’s difficult to compare eras. I’d assert that James would’ve been great in that era but would’ve been considered top 10 - 15 instead of top 3- -5 because of the physicality of the game.  The game is so geared toward offense now. 

Its similar to comparing music. For example, hip-hop, in my opinion, it doesn’t get better than the 80’s and 90’s. I’m sure there’s people that think that era wasn’t as good as today’s hip-hop but....anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Shaq came into the league in ‘92. Timmy D came in ‘97. Lots of great stars (Barkley, Ewing, Olajuwon, Thomas, LJ, etc...)and really physical ball played in the ‘80s-‘90s. 

It’s difficult to compare eras. I’d assert that James would’ve been great in that era but would’ve been considered top 10 - 15 instead of top 3- -5 because of the physicality of the game.  The game is so geared toward offense now. 

Its similar to comparing music. For example, hip-hop, in my opinion, it doesn’t get better than the 80’s and 90’s. I’m sure there’s people that think that era wasn’t as good as today’s hip-hop but....anyway. 

Isn't LeBron because of his build and physique more suited than ANYONE to play in the 90's? He would have have to make the least adjustment. It would not hurt him at all. The main guy of the 90's is a little dude. That is why I never got why people try to act like players from this era would have a tough time in it. If he could be the star of that era LeBron and guys like Westbrook etc who are built like tanks would run roughshod over that era. The physicality would not bother them in the slightest. I am aware of when they came in to the league but they dominated the 2000's and are known for that. That is why I have them where they are. Anyways the 90's was junk basketball and just terrible terrible boring basketball. It was  football on the hardwood. That was not basketball to me. Stern had to go to that tactic to get eyeballs because the level of talent and amount of stars across the NBA was not there then. No era gets more romanticized than the 90's and it is for a very obvious reason/s. Those knicks/bulls and pacers/bulls series were horrible for a entertainment perspective. We are so lucky to be witnessing the most talented era in NBA history. The NBA is so loaded and deep now. It truly is a beautiful spectacle and I am loving every minute of it to be such a fan during these times. Some many guys who are fringe top 10/25 now would be the second or best player in the league in the 90's. We have a incredible amount of riches on our hands I don't think any of those guys you just named above are that great besides the dream who would of dominated any era.

A guy like Reggie Miller would be like Kyle Korver these days. Nothing special about him. He stood out in the 90's and people thought he was some star because the league was devoid of them. You think guys from todays era would not be able to be stars in the 90's? Talent transcends every era and travels. Take the "stars"  out of the 90's and put them in the 80's and 2000's or now and they would not be stars most of them. But put the top 25 from todays NBA in the 90's? They would seem a lot better than they are even now because the league has never been less talented than the 60's and 90's. It is why stern had to make the league revolve around 1 man in the 90's and the marketing machine went in to overdrive basically selling the league as a 1 man show. Westbrook would wreck the whole got dang league in the 90's. He is a specimen IN TODAYS era where the athleticism is at a all time high. IN the 90's?! He would be even more dominant in a era lacking athletes. He would expose them.......... BUT GOOD TALK!! Always good to hear opposing views. We do not ever agree on anything BUT YOU STILL FAM AND THE BRODIE BEAR anyways lmao!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Celts going to get a ring soon. And multiple ones at that. Y'all are rolling now.

Edited by GwillMac6

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am aware of when they came in to the league but they dominated the 2000's and are known for that. Anyways the 90's was junk basketball and just terrible terrible boring basketball. It was  football on the hardwood. That was not basketball to me. No era gets more romanticized than the 90's. Those knicks/bulls and pacers/bulls series were horrible for a entertainment perspective. We are so lucky to be witnessing the most talented era in NBA history. The NBA is so loaded and deep now. It truly is a beautiful spectacle and I am loving every minute of it to be such a fan during these times. A guy who is fringe top 10 now would be the second or best player in the league in the 90's. I don't think any of those guys you just named above are that great besides the dream who would of dominated any era. A guy like Reggie Miller would be like Kyle Korver these days in the 2000's. Nothing special about him. He stood out in the 90's and people thought he was some star. But hey we are never going to agree on this. BUT GOOD TALK!! Always good to hear opposing views. 

Alrighty. I suppose if you didn’t watch it when it was happening then and now you, could have the slanted view it was “garbage”. I’d also assert that these players today look “special” because of a lack of defense. If a defender looks hard at an offensive player it’s called a foul. I call it a much softer League. And Reggie would be giving the choke sign to 90% of the NBA today. Hakeem would dominate 98% of the big men in today’s game.  Jordan would be dropping heartbreaking, game winning daggers on all of them. 

34 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Alrighty. I suppose if you didn’t watch it when it was happening then and now you, could have the slanted view it was “garbage”. I’d also assert that these players today look “special” because of a lack of defense. If a defender looks hard at an offensive player it’s called a foul. I call it a much softer League. And Reggie would be giving the choke sign to 90% of the NBA today. Hakeem would dominate 98% of the big men in today’s game.  Jordan would be dropping heartbreaking, game winning daggers on all of them. 

I would not call it great defense back then. You just were just allowed to beat the crap out of people. That is not great lock down defense! lol. 90's bball was basically wrasslin!!!! lmao It is not like they were just some over abundance of superior all time great defensive players back then lol.... DEF ABOUT HAKEEM!!! Dude was one of the most skilled, best and talented players ever!! He would dominate any era! He is def in my top 10 all time in the 5-10 range. I would go Now as the best and most talented era and then 80's or 2000's next. Not sure who would be second best. But I just take solace in knowing 90's is nowhere close and is in the rearview mirror as every era waves goodbye to it and the 60's. The only player I would see having a problem in a more physical era would be someone like a Harden who's whole game is about drawing fouls. But then I remind myself it is he is still extremely talented and his talent would take over and he could just get by on his superior skill alone then and he would be the best player in the 90's because he would be the most talented. Really enjoyed our talk brother!!! It was a healthy dialogue and a lot of fun! You are one of my favorite people to discuss stuff with. You have your opinions I have mine but at the end of the day it is all familia!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GOOOO!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Always good to hear opposing views.

I don’t believe you. hahaha

Bearcat is taking you to school son. Get your paper out and start taking notes.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This will shut up y'alls GOAT Convo 😎

George Mikan?! I SEE YOU!!!!!!!!  OK GOGGLES!!! Had no idea he was that high!! WOOOOO!!!!!! LOOOOVE IT!

mikan.jpg

Edited by GwillMac6

In all seriousness, I’d have loved to have seen how Drazen Petrovic would’ve finished his career. He may have been in a top 3-5 conversation. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

In all seriousness, I’d have loved to have seen how Drazen Petrovic would’ve finished his career. He may have been in a top 3-5 conversation. 

In his era? I feel the same way about Brandon Roy. That dude was the most clutch player I have ever seen. He was a freaking stud. I hate his chronic knee issues cost him most of his prime.

b roy.jpg