NBA Thread

aujeff11

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

When has their lack of big men ever been a issue? They just won 2 of 3 titles with Andrew freaking bogut and zaza as their starting centers

Dude, I’d take Bogut over the current starter  Javele McGee 100 out of 100 times. He makes such mind numbing turnovers and mistakes.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Dude, I’d take Bogut over the current starter  Javele McGee 100 out of 100 times. He makes such mind numbing turnovers and mistakes.

You would take bogut the guy who just got cut from the lakers?! lol. He is washed.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are but that was part of your argument of why you think the rockets can beat the warriors in the playoffs is because they did so in the regular season when that has no bearing.

I said the bench was stronger and  there is a lack of a big man.  Regular season or not, the rockets have already handled them twice. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I said the bench was stronger and  there is a lack of a big man.  Regular season or not, the rockets have already handled them twice. 

Okc has beat them by 17 at home and 20 on the road. WOOOOO!!! I like that you think the warriors can be beaten. They just have broke my will to many times. I have no hope that it will happen again. I will need to rely on your positivity that they can be beaten to get me through the playoffs or I WILL BE MISERABLE watching the slow painful car crash of the warriors winning again! haha. LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I need you to be right uncle jeff. I cannot handle another bama and warriors title in the same year!!!

The best part of Golden State outside of the starters is Livingston. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You would take bogut the guy who just got cut from the lakers?! lol. He is washed.

GSW played heckuva lot better when Pachulia started over Javele last year. Javele isn’t good at all. And it’s possible that Bogut returns to GSW if he wants to. 

Just now, aubearcat said:

I hope you hate the warriors like we all  do bear!!!!!  What are your expectations of your C's in the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

No, that’s still AI.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

GSW played heckuva lot better when Pachulia started over Javele last year. Javele isn’t good at all. And it’s possible that Bogut returns to GSW if he wants to. 

I mean whoever is their center does not matter. It is just a token start. The death lineup is what matters. I cannot watch the warriors(unless they are playing the LeBrons.) Much like I cannot watch other bama games because all the fun in watching teams you hate play is watching them to lose and I never have any confidence they will do that. I STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! So I am not let down.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean whoever is their center does not matter. It is just a token start. The death lineup is what matters. I cannot watch the warriors(unless they are playing the LeBrons.) Much like I cannot watch other bama games because all the fun in watching teams you hate play is watching them to lose and I never have any confidence they will do that. I STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! So I am not let down.

I disagree regarding the center. It’s not even just the big man. It’s the bench. I watch all the NBA games that are on before 10. GSW’s bench used to be great. They had Javele, a year younger AI, West, Livingston, and casspi on the bench, even had Anderson varejao for a little while. Their fatal flaw this year will be the bench. And that Patrick Mccaw guy won’t ever do anything for them anytime soon. Remember how tired they were before the all star break? Will be the same for the playoffs. 

Edited by aujeff11

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hope you hate the warriors like we all  do bear!!!!!  What are your expectations of your C's in the playoffs?

Win the East. I’m not sold on a revamped Cleveland. Lebron can win a series for them but when Boston is clicking this season, it’s beautiful. 

I disagree regarding the center. It’s not even just the big man. It’s the bench. I watch all the NBA games that are on before 10. GSW’s bench used to be great. They had Javele, younger AI, West, Livingston, and casspi on the bench, even had Anderson varejao for a little while. Their fatal flaw this year will be the bench. And that Patrick Mccaw guy won’t ever do anything for them anytime soon. 

I mean in the playoffs the bench will not matter because you will have 2 all stars on the court at all times with whatever the second unit is. HOW CONFIDENT are you in the rockets?! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!! Is this some false bravado from you and just wanting to be different and be a contrarian?! Or do you really think the warriors will lose? DO NOT DARE GET MY HOPES UP!!!!!! I have been resigned to warriors ruining my NBA life for the next forseeable future. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

No, that’s still AI.

Probably defensively but I think Livingston’s offense can make up for some of his defensive problems. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Win the East. I’m not sold on a revamped Cleveland. Lebron can win a series for them but when Boston is clicking this season, it’s beautiful. 

The cavs are better than they were before the trade deadline but they are not what they were when they had Kyrie for sure. I am guessing you are not worried about the raptors at all come playoff time? I personally think it will be the c's or raptors coming out of the east.

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

My wife and all but 1 of my kids like GS. I had to go to Atlanta with them last year to watch them play the Hawks. My wife returned the favor though by taking me to Atlanta to watch the Cowboys. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean in the playoffs the bench will not matter because you will have 2 all stars on the court at all times with whatever the second unit is. HOW CONFIDENT are you in the rockets?! I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!! Is this some false bravado from you and just wanting to be different and be a contrarian?! Or do you really think the warriors will lose? DO NOT DARE GET MY HOPES UP!!!!!! I have been resigned to warriors ruining my NBA life for the next forseeable future. 

Put a gun to my head and I say the dubs will win. If my life isn’t on the line, I think the Rockets will win. 

• Sad 1

The cavs are better than they were before the trade deadline but they are not what they were when they had Kyrie for sure. I am guessing you are not worried about the raptors at all come playoff time? I personally think it will be the c's or raptors coming out of the east.

The Raptors are putting on a show but those dudes seem like some choke artists in the playoffs. Could be different this year but like they say in Missouri, “show me “.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

My wife and all but 1 of my kids like GS. I had to go to Atlanta with them last year to watch them play the Hawks. My wife returned the favor though by taking me to Atlanta to watch the Cowboys. 

WHAT HAPPENED!!!?? Why can they not follow suit like you  and be celtics fans? WHat went wrong? lol BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I hate that. Nothing worse than people you love cheering for the wrong team! Glad 1 of your kids stays loyal with dad!

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

The Raptors are putting on a show but those dudes seem like some choke artists in the playoffs. Could be different this year but like they say in Missouri, “show me “.

Exactly. Regular season babies. Especially Lowry.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Put a gun to my head and I say the dubs will win. If my life isn’t on the line, I think the Rockets will win. 

Damn all the hope you had started to give me that was slowly rising was dashed!!!! hahaha I appreciate the honesty.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Damn all the hope you had started to give me that was slowly rising was dashed!!!! hahaha I appreciate the honesty.

Can we at least agree that OKC isn’t getting to the western conference finals?

Can we at least agree that OKC isn’t getting to the western conference finals?

Of course not. Rockets and the team that shall not be named are clearly the 2 best teams.

Of course not. Rockets and the team that shall not be named are clearly the 2 best teams.

So we agree right? That’s progress 

one more twitter stat:

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WHAT HAPPENED!!!?? Why can they not follow suit like you  and be celtics fans? WHat went wrong? lol BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I hate that. Nothing worse than people you love cheering for the wrong team! Glad 1 of your kids stays loyal with dad!

My oldest likes the Clippers because he started off as a Griffin fan. I think the others like GS because of their mom. She started cheering for the Warriors because she thinks Curry is good looking.