FINAL: Auburn 40 Georgia 17

RunInRed

55 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No, but I am sure Gus did. After Willis ran the ball, got choke tackled, and a little retaliation between the 2 continued, and the refs had to separate them, Gus pulled Willis over talked to him, and probably told him we are going to fool that little A$$ on the next play, so he calls a similar run but allows him to fool the dbs and throws the Marshall flip to the WR...

great call. 

I almost wonder if Gus called that play in garbage time just to give Saban  something else to worry about.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a complete, thorough domination. When we got the lead, we never let up our intensity. If anything, we only increased our passion and desire as the time goes on in the game. A fantastic all-around coaching job by Malzahn and his staff (although our special teams...). I wanted Malzahn to be gone, but I will gladly give the credit where it's due. 

Let's throttle UL-Monroe and give everyone a chance to play on our Senior Day!

WDE!

10 hours ago, msza said:

I almost wonder if Gus called that play in garbage time just to give Saban  something else to worry about.

Yes, instead of hiding plays by playing vanilla... open it up and give opponents more to plan against... and THAT is what we should be doing in garbage time... NOT playing vanilla slowing down with the first string and risk injuries and taking the foot off the gas.

let the 2nd string run the whole playbook...keep the foot on the gas but just use the 2nd string to do it.... and for that matter, next week need to let 1st string get theirs in the 1st quarter and a half and then let MW PASS and all the other backs get playing time and run the playbook and get some game experience.. we may need them the next few games..

I loved the throw by Willis. I personally do not believe Gus called that play nor did he necessarily want Willis to throw the ball but it was an RPO and Willis read the play correctly and delivered. I have no issue with it and I don’t think it was meant to be an FU or at least it shouldn’t have been. Willis is a true freshman playing in the most hype game of his life and he’s never got to actually throw the ball, outside of maybe a couple of times, in a game. Read the play well and throw the ball, hell yeah. I always hate the idea that you should be “respectful” in your play calling when the game is all but over. If your younger guys are in then you should let them play. They practice like everyone else and they deserve to play a real game. My hopes for next week are that the young guys and back ups play then entire second half and they get to play a legit game with legit play calling. They deserve it. I take the attitude of the 1980s Hurricane teams. If you don’t like it, then stop it. Simple as that. Until then full speed ahead. 

5 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I would take it one step further. And show the total drives minus the 2, with total yards and total plays.

Go one step futher than that.  KJ had more total yards than UGA's entire offense had.  233 to 230.

2 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I loved the throw by Willis. I personally do not believe Gus called that play nor did he necessarily want Willis to throw the ball but it was an RPO and Willis read the play correctly and delivered. I have no issue with it and I don’t think it was meant to be an FU or at least it shouldn’t have been. Willis is a true freshman playing in the most hype game of his life and he’s never got to actually throw the ball, outside of maybe a couple of times, in a game. Read the play well and throw the ball, hell yeah. I always hate the idea that you should be “respectful” in your play calling when the game is all but over. If your younger guys are in then you should let them play. They practice like everyone else and they deserve to play a real game. My hopes for next week are that the young guys and back ups play then entire second half and they get to play a legit game with legit play calling. They deserve it. I take the attitude of the 1980s Hurricane teams. If you don’t like it, then stop it. Simple as that. Until then full speed ahead. 

ditto!

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

I think I finally may have proof Gus doesn't call the plays....  his reaction after the late MW pass  lol .  I don't think he wanted to do that,  but I loved it ;)

I got no doubt that Gus didn’t call that and that is exactly why he needs to leave play calling to Chip.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're absolutely correct. He has always been that way.  He used to always try and embarrass a defense. That changed the last few years. I hope he regained it yesterday, 'cause its one of the reasons many of us fell in love with his offenses.

Maybe CGM has been suffering through Steve Sax Syndrome and now has finally rediscovered his mojo. 

I have been to hundreds of games in Jordan Hare and the intensity and crowd noise was as good as I have ever seen it. The players fed off the crowd and vice versa. I think Kirby may be rethinking his comment about the crowd not affecting the game. Their freshman qb was obviously rattled. Great night in Jordan Hare!

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

just think. some peeps on this board wanted us to lose this and bama to see gus gone. i am proud to see it blew up in their face. if it is true we got gus for another year lets hope he keeps learning and giving us moments like this to savor.

Sad ain't it, but so true.

4 hours ago, wde21 said:

I have been to hundreds of games in Jordan Hare and the intensity and crowd noise was as good as I have ever seen it. The players fed off the crowd and vice versa. I think Kirby may be rethinking his comment about the crowd not affecting the game. Their freshman qb was obviously rattled. Great night in Jordan Hare!

Yeah, me and 87,561 (or whatever the #is) of my best friends took personal offense to Kirby's remark. :Sing:

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

The Saban philosophy which is fine when it works....but even when AU was shutting them down they were still running off tackle on 2nd and long.  Seems that at some point they would have gotten the message.....kinda like our experience in Baton Rouge.   

Saban has proven it to be a winning philosophy. It works as long as you are more physical than your opponent. 

23 hours ago, jAUSon said:

You keep on and on with the I-told-you-so's. We should've won the games these members have complained about. We drop 2 games, people complain, then for the other 9 games you're just rubbing it in? You're the one looking unhappy tonight.

Actually, he acts giddy. I get it, don't you?

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

anigif_enhanced-28718-1410803916-8.gif

THIS IS THE BEST TASTING CROW EVER!!!! WOOOOOO!!!! I LOVE THIS FEELING RETURNING OF WINNING A BIG GAME!!!! Keep proving us wrong Gustav!!!! WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAAAAAAAGLE!!!!

I think you need a double portion for all of your Gus bashing the last month. Eat up, I'm sure it taste like chicken.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're absolutely correct. He has always been that way.  He used to always try and embarrass a defense. That changed the last few years. I hope he regained it yesterday, 'cause its one of the reasons many of us fell in love with his offenses.

Seems like it..After he said we "whipped the dog crap out of them" after the game. Don't remember him showing that behavior before and I liked it.

2 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think you need a double portion for all of your Gus bashing the last month. Eat up, I'm sure it taste like chicken.

past month?! O NO!!! It has been since the georgia game in 2015!!! lol. It has been WAY longer.  That is the thing. ALL OF US Gus naysayers want to be wrong because that would mean great things for Auburn and that is ultimately what we all want. Bashing gus comes out of love for Auburn. but WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of my favorite Auburn wins in recent memory! Total domination baby!! WAR DAMN!!!!

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Great to see them together but sad to see both of them with such serious health issues.  

I think Gus assumed Willis would just hand the ball off or run himself on the RPO. I don't think he wanted to embarrass or send an FU to Kirby. IMO, there's a better chance he was trying to hide that from Saban. But it made me happy to see Willis get a completion to MCCLAIN of all guys. Awesome, awesome game overall I hope Gus is learning how fun it is to win even if CCL is calling the plays.

Archived