FINAL: Auburn 40 Georgia 17

RunInRed

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

I'll just leave this here...

46 yards rushing

184 yards passing

WAR DAMN DEFENSE!!!

Take away the first drive, and Georgia gained only 160 yards the whole game.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anigif_enhanced-28718-1410803916-8.gif

THIS IS THE BEST TASTING CROW EVER!!!! WOOOOOO!!!! I LOVE THIS FEELING RETURNING OF WINNING A BIG GAME!!!! Keep proving us wrong Gustav!!!! WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAAAAAAAGLE!!!!

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Take away the first drive, and Georgia gained only 160 yards the whole game.

Let's take it a little farther then. 

Take away the last drive after the game was decided... uga only had 86 yards the rest of the game.  Amazing!!

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Let's take it a little farther then. 

Take away the last drive after the game was decided... uga only had 86 yards the rest of the game.  Amazing!!

I would take it one step further. And show the total drives minus the 2, with total yards and total plays.

Its been a long time for AU fans to experience this kind of domination against a top ranked team. Before yesterday, we had not given anyone reason to think the coaches and the players were one. I will say this: We won this coaching match and made a statement in so doing. The biggest difference I saw between the LSU game and this, was the fact the running game worked in the second half and UGA made so many uncharacteristic self inflicted errors. We were the better coached team and it showed. The wife was funny last night. I asked her what we were having for dinner, she said I was having crow. 

This is what I would hope and expect to see more of going forward. Bama is really hurting with 4 LBs out. Probably no other team could lose that much at one position and find a way to win. I remember under Shug when we had lost our LBs and we had backup DEs at LB playing in the iron bowl. Bama had a field day running the ball. We owe them a beat down for Shug!

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

A dominant performance on both sides. Steele and Chip were obviously in total control. Great job by Gus to manage the game. He looked like a HC for the first time in a long time. Great win for the players, coaches, and fans!.

you think Chip called the "nick marshall read option pass" that was so clearly a f* you to Kirby Smart? 

9 minutes ago, EagleReedle said:

you think Chip called the "nick marshall read option pass" that was so clearly a f* you to Kirby Smart? 

Not bird, but I liked it.  To me it showed MW made an in game decision on a RPO that was the correct decision.  MW needs to make those decisions, it was more like you would have seen from Spurrier.  It showed Gus allowed Chip to call that play and did not tell Chip or MW to run the ball.

Evolution is what we saw last night and I loved it.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not bird, but I liked it.  To me it showed MW made an in game decision on a RPO that was the correct decision.  MW needs to make those decisions, it was more like you would have seen from Spurrier.  It showed Gus allowed Chip to call that play and did not tell Chip or MW to run the ball.

Evolution is what we saw last night and I loved it.

that it shows "gus didn't tell chip to run it & allowed him to call that play"  . . . certainly could be the case. i tend to disagree but it's all speculative so w/e .. WAR EAGLE! 

oh and i meant run / pass / option* sorry. 

to me, the run pass option that was so clearly a f* you to kirby smart (im just going to keep describing it that way) proves we have one spiteful son of a gun for a head coach and i love that. 

1 hour ago, EagleReedle said:

Yes I do. That's why you saw Gus say, "don't pass anymore".

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

anigif_enhanced-28718-1410803916-8.gif

THIS IS THE BEST TASTING CROW EVER!!!! WOOOOOO!!!! I LOVE THIS FEELING RETURNING OF WINNING A BIG GAME!!!! Keep proving us wrong Gustav!!!! WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAAAAAAAGLE!!!!

I had my crow with some hot wing sauce and a little ranch dressing.  Washed it down with some Corona. It was great! 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I still see it as something of a spiteful play call but I am glad we didn't take a knee. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

good eye. i'm looking forward to rewatching the game today and will keep my eyes peeled for that. 

1 hour ago, EagleReedle said:

Cool play too.....watched a bit of Central Florida game yesterday and Laslee called that same old Nick Marshall play ...looked like a QB run and when the defender came forward, the QB just lobbed the ball over him and the receiver just strolled into the end zone. 

45 minutes ago, EagleReedle said:

...proves we have one spiteful son of a gun for a head coach and i love that. 

You're absolutely correct. He has always been that way.  He used to always try and embarrass a defense. That changed the last few years. I hope he regained it yesterday, 'cause its one of the reasons many of us fell in love with his offenses.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

ypure absolutely correct. He has always been that way.  He used to always try and embarrass a defense. That changed the last few years. I hope he regained it yesterday, 'cause its one if the reasons many of us fell in love with his offenses.

I hope he regained it as well.  Yesterday is what I want out of an AU HC against our biggest rivals.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

I hope he regained it as well.  Yesterday is what I want out of an AU HC against our biggest rivals.

wde

Me too. A coach that will stand there toe to toe with the other coach and say, "hey family, hold my beer"

Just now, bigbird said:

Me too. A coach that will stand there toe to toe with the other coach and say, "hey family, hold my beer"

LOL.  Yep

wde

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I totally agree, he needs to learn to keep his foot on the gas till the final bell. 

What was the play or plays that was the turning point in the game?  Late hit on KJ? Slayton's outstanding catch?  ThUGA not scoring at the end of the first half?  Muffed punt?

Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, saminbama said:

What was the play or plays that was the turning point in the game?  Late hit on KJ? Slayton's outstanding catch?  ThUGA not scoring at the end of the first half?  Muffed punt?

Any thoughts?

I thought the leaping penalty was the biggest play of the game. It was still a very close game and their D had stopped us and was going to get them good Field position.

26 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Any thoughts?

No doubt about it. With 6:40 left in the first quarter, Sony Michelle got met at the line by Carlton Davis. Looked like he ran into a wall. Aaaand .... GA swag gone...poof. 

2 hours ago, EagleReedle said:

No, but I am sure Gus did. After Willis ran the ball, got choke tackled, and a little retaliation between the 2 continued, and the refs had to separate them, Gus pulled Willis over talked to him, and probably told him we are going to fool that little A$$ on the next play, so he calls a similar run but allows him to fool the dbs and throws the Marshall flip to the WR...

great call. 

Archived