We’re ranked

weathergeakal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Interesting.....bet the AP has quite a different look to it.   Wondering if some of the "traditional" power schools are getting preferred treatment in the RPI...noting that UNC Kansas and Duke are still in their top 10 after a hand full of losses.   Winning in the ACC must count more than winning in the SEC at this point...with 4 ACC teams in the top 10.

RPI DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY

windmills.jpg

GOODNIGHT

rtk40gq.jpg

Y’all sitting down?

Number 8.

Say hello to your newly minted top 10 Auburn Tigers. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Interesting.....bet the AP has quite a different look to it.   Wondering if some of the "traditional" power schools are getting preferred treatment in the RPI...noting that UNC Kansas and Duke are still in their top 10 after a hand full of losses.   Winning in the ACC must count more than winning in the SEC at this point...with 4 ACC teams in the top 10.

The RPI is a mathematical formula that takes pollsters out of the equation.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wish they would translate it to football

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Wish they would translate it to football

Isn't that what the bcs computers were?

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm aware of that but someone devised that formula (NCAA I think)  and made certain assumptions about what was important and weighted the values to create the formula....and decided for example that margin of victory was not a factor.   Just saying that the validity is subject to evaluation or questioning just as much as the polls and that the formula might have built in bias. ..  

6 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Isn't that what the bcs computers were?

Except bcs used the human polls that were by nature skewed

Auburn basketball is ranked higher than North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, and UK. Let that sink in. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Auburn basketball is ranked higher than North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, and UK. Let that sink in. 

Been a while since we were ranked higher than those '"blue bloods' in football and basketball in the same season.   Well done...

43 minutes ago, AUDub said:

:blink:

I have to admit.....I am shocked. Very happy about it.....but still shocked. Never in my wildest dreams......WOW!!!

48 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'd like to think chemistry and experience is greater than pure talent. Auburn is proving me right this year.

Absolutely no way to gauge this against other schools, but Auburn has to be one of the best athletic programs in their ability to fight through adversity.  Football was able to ignore all of the talk about Malzahn on the hot seat and the mid-year player transfers, softball has done a good job of ignoring the Meyers issue, baseball rose up when everyone said they would be terrible, and now basketball doing what hasn't been done since 2000 when the FBI is fresh in our minds.  Just wow.

18 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I'd like to think chemistry and experience is greater than pure talent. Auburn is proving me right this year.

I see what you mean, but dont sell these players short. They are very talented.

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I see what you mean, but dont sell these players short. They are very talented.

I guess I was referring more to the "One and done schools." This Auburn team is very talented. Harper almost broke the Auburn single game assist record during the Vandy game. They play unselfishly, and that is their greatest talent yet. Oh, and we can finally hit free throws.

Make no mistake about it, we are a very talented team. I want to say every single player in our rotation was a 4* player or above except for Desean Murray and Malik Dunbar. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Make no mistake about it, we are a very talented team. I want to say every single player in our rotation was a 4* player or above except for Desean Murray and Malik Dunbar. 

Bryce was a 3*, as was Anfernee. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Bryce was a 3*

You're right, sorry I forgot about that. I can't believe I forgot about Bryce. He was committed to freaking UNC-CHARLOTTE before Bruce flipped him. 

I also checked on Anfernee's rating -- he was a 3 star. How awesome is it that we have a coach who is not only a top-notch recruiter and developer, but also one who is fantastic at finding talent that others overlook?

I still think we are very talented. We are undersized but I don't think we are under-talented.

It's been all about blend, synergy or whatever you call it....but some teams with more individual talent that we have mentioned have not yet figured out the secret to maximize team accomplishment. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Absolutely no way to gauge this against other schools, but Auburn has to be one of the best athletic programs in their ability to fight through adversity.  Football was able to ignore all of the talk about Malzahn on the hot seat and the mid-year player transfers, softball has done a good job of ignoring the Meyers issue, baseball rose up when everyone said they would be terrible, and now basketball doing what hasn't been done since 2000 when the FBI is fresh in our minds.  Just wow.

We eat our own. These distractions are mostly only discussed from within. The “ scandals “ will always happen. I hope our new AD can navigate through them like the past ones have. 

Archived