Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

STING COMING BACK WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Multi year contract for Sting. Not a part timer.  Wednesday show was nuts! Loved it. Now interpromotion wrestling between Impact and AEW?!  Possibly some NJPW as well (speculation). AEW has already brought the women's division more appeal with the NWA.

AEW needs the colarboration with Impact for their women's division alone. Even though the knock outs division isn't fully used right IMO it's better than AEW's women's division. For example the Shida-Abadon storyline they have started would have been awesome if it was 2016 evil Rosemary character instead. Rosemary is an awesome character & I selfishly hope they reunite a demon bunny storyline. Rosemary & Allie (AKA Cherry Bomb) had one if the best stories nobody new about in the mid 2010s because it was in the Indies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

AEW needs the colarboration with Impact for their women's division alone. Even though the knock outs division isn't fully used right IMO it's better than AEW's women's division. For example the Shida-Abadon storyline they have started would have been awesome if it was 2016 evil Rosemary character instead. Rosemary is an awesome character & I selfishly hope they reunite a demon bunny storyline. Rosemary & Allie (AKA Cherry Bomb) had one if the best stories nobody new about in the mid 2010s because it was in the Indies.

I was frustrated that Deonna Purazzo went to Impact instead of AEW, but now we may get to see it. Too bad Tessa has already left Impact. Is she still speculated to WWE? I figured it would have happened by now. 

Don't forget AEW fans.  Omega (and others? ) on Impact tonight!

• Like 1

Been away from this thread for a while.  Quick thoughts from the airport:

- The Sting return bores me to tears.  I just can't get myself to care.  Dude is old, slow, slaps on a s***ty looking Scorpion Death Lock, and I have no desire to see him in a ring.

- Abandon frightens me and not in a good way.  But I love me some Shida.

- The Omega heel turn was needed.  He's just so much better as a heel.  I have a feeling they may be setting it up to where Cody eventually takes Kenny down as Kenny slowly tries to destroy Cody's baby.

- AEW needs to do something with Dark Order.  Stagnant act that is getting boring real quick.

- The roster is already bloated.  They could afford to trim the fat a little because so many people are just collecting checks without anything to do.

- I wish they had kept the tag titles on FTR longer.  Felt like their reign was rushed and there was still plenty of meat on the bone for the "brush with greatness" gimmick.

• 3 weeks later...

I was coming to post this.  Very tragic.  He was good at what he did.  Prayers to his family. 

Just awful, awful news. I was stunned a couple of hours ago when I saw this. So sad that he's leaving behind such a young family. He definitely made a huge impact in AEW in his short time there. I'm glad he got to shine and show everyone how much talent he actually had as Brodie Lee.

R.I.P. Brodie Lee/Jon Huber

• Like 1

To return to AEW, it's what brought me back to wrestling after 20 years and as a result I've become a bit of a brand mark for them. They're based on my home town so that doesn't hurt.

I admittedly popped hard for the Sting return but have been pretty meh about it since and really don't know where they could go with it that would be exciting. 

Honestly, Being the Elite is probably my favorite thing in wrestling today. If you don't enjoy Dark Order on Dynamite, I highly recommend BTE on YouTube. Those guys are hilarious. And for my money, Kenny Omega is the best worker in the biz. Excited for his reign as champ.

I've watched Impact but it just doesn't resonate with me and there's no one that I can get on the bandwagon with, but the crossover is still cool and should be done more between brands. Given that I don't care much or really enjoy the women's wrestling (sorry ladies) that part doesn't matter much to me.

My son loves WWE but it's jumped the shark for my personal attention. I've started watching the restart of MLW and that's been pretty enjoyable. It's just nice to have some good options back in pro wrestling. I grew up as a megafan so it's the nostalgia factor.

Edited by AUMicBK
  • Like 2

Ooo. My girls Anna Jay and Tay Conti vs Britt and Penelope.  Definite watch on that one 😍

The Jon Huber, aka Brodie Lee Tribute Show was ... Words cannot express what an outstanding show it was. The emotions were genuine and real. The end of the show was beautiful and emotional. 

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

I'm watching AEW now.  Just started.  But damn man, seeing all of these tributes to him this week makes you realize how good of a man Brodie was.

• Like 2

I plan to watch hopefully today. Truly amazed at the different responses from wrestlers all around regarding Jon. 

Truly a fantastic show.  Probably the most emotional wrestling show I've seen.  RIP Brodie Lee. 

I tell you, I about lost it several times, especially Redbeard coming out and of course the conclusion in ring. Truly special.  And kudos to WWE for allowing AEW to provide a tribute first. 

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I tell you, I about lost it several times, especially Redbeard coming out and of course the conclusion in ring. Truly special.  And kudos to WWE for allowing AEW to provide a tribute first. 

This came up in my YouTube feed this morning, occurred after the broadcast finished.

• Thanks 1

What's interesting is they've retired the TNT championship with all of this.  Curious to see what's next in that regard. 

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

What's interesting is they've retired the TNT championship with all of this.  Curious to see what's next in that regard. 

They retired the TNT belt design and are letting Brodie Jr have that belt. They're going to have a new TNT belt on January 13 New Year's Smash(Night 2) for Darby Allin vs Brian Cage.

• Thanks 1