Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It was fun! I haven't watched a Mania in a hot minute but I enjoyed this one and interacting with other fans on Twitter and with you guys. May have to start tuning in to RAW and Smack Down again.

WELL YOU PICKED A PERFECT TIME to start back up again!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! WWE and AEW are THE ONLY sports organization still running!!!! Like for real I appreciate them doing all of this for us.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

WELL YOU PICKED A PERFECT TIME to start back up again!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! WWE and AEW are THE ONLY sports organization still running!!!! Like for real I appreciate them doing all of this for us.

Horse racing is happening as well.  I've been getting way too deep into it on Saturdays and Sundays on FS1.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

May be a dumb question but will RAW be on tonight?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

May be a dumb question but will RAW be on tonight?

Yes. It was the last episode they taped before Florida got a stay at home order.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes. It was the last episode they taped before Florida got a stay at home order.

So anything after that?

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So anything after that?

They are going to tape Friday's Smackdown from a secret location. AEW taped I believe it was a couple months worth of stuff the past couple of weeks. SO no way is Vince not going to have any content.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are going to tape Friday's Smackdown from a secret location. AEW taped I believe it was a couple months worth of stuff the past couple of weeks. SO no way is Vince not going to have any content.

What’s this AEW all about? Lol sorry I’m so out of the loop.

Just now, Zeek said:

What’s this AEW all about? Lol sorry I’m so out of the loop.

New wrestling company. Jaguars owner son is the Vince of it but Cody Rhodes who is dusty Rhodes son runs the day to day and books the matches and angles. Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose along with Kenny Omega are the 3 biggest stars of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

New wrestling company. Jaguars owner son is the Vince of it but Cody Rhodes who is dusty Rhodes son runs the day to day and books the matches and angles. Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose along with Kenny Omega are the 3 biggest stars of it.

Interesting. You think it has legs or will it be short lived?

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Legs. Big time legs. The Khan's have more money than Vince.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Holy ish!!!!!! Holy ish!!!!! That was one of theeeeeee best manias in my 30 years!!!!! Freaking incredible!!!!!! Wooooow I was blown away!!!! Never ever expected it to be that freaking good!!!!! Thank you WWE!!!! We all desperately needed this escape!!! Woooooo!!!!!

Day 2 was loaded with good matches.  Overall show was great, especially considering the circumstances.    Too bad the 2 biggest title matches sucked!  Not the results, but the matches themselves.  Just a beef I have, but when is WWE going to stop with the multiple finishers being the only offenses in the match.  Especially Drew vs Brock. Im beginning to think Brock can only handle a couple of moves as well.  Here is the script for the two.  GB and BS; spear spear spear spear, then power slam x4, then pin. 

BL vs DM; claymore, F5x4, then claymore x3 pin.  They did mix in a couple of German suplexes, which is the only other move Brock does.  Its sickening and just ridiculous they think it goes over well anymore.  

Other than that, Charlotte vs Rhea was great, Edge/RKO was old school emotion from 2 veterans, but just a little too long, and of course there creative genius of Bray Wyatt. That was fun and intriguing.  Others were good too but those stood out. 

46 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Only some of the best storytelling this year with a genuine ear to the fans.  They listen to the pulse and deliver.  Genuinely look forward to the show and just entertained.  Brad went to an event already.  He can attest to it.  Check back in thread for some if his insight.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Day 2 was loaded with good matches.  Overall show was great, especially considering the circumstances.    Too bad the 2 biggest title matches sucked!  Not the results, but the matches themselves.  Just a beef I have, but when is WWE going to stop with the multiple finishers being the only offenses in the match.  Especially Drew vs Brock. Im beginning to think Brock can only handle a couple of moves as well.  Here is the script for the two.  GB and BS; spear spear spear spear, then power slam x4, then pin. 

BL vs DM; claymore, F5x4, then claymore x3 pin.  They did mix in a couple of German suplexes, which is the only other move Brock does.  Its sickening and just ridiculous they think it goes over well anymore.  

Other than that, Charlotte vs Rhea was great, Edge/RKO was old school emotion from 2 veterans, but just a little too long, and of course there creative genius of Bray Wyatt. That was fun and intriguing.  Others were good too but those stood out. 

Brock can still freaking go!!!!! But they choose for him to have these finisher spam matches at the last 4 mania matches he has had. Him vs Goldberg at 33, him vs Roman at 34, him vs Rollins at 35 and him vs drew this mania was basically more or less the same match give or take some things. 

His matches with styles,  d bry and Balor in recent years shows he can still put on quality matches. He plays super great off of smaller guys. But besides Goldberg I mean roman, Drew and especially Rollins can freaking go in the ring. IDK why they needed to have those type of matches.

Edited by GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brock can still freaking go!!!!! But they choose for him to have these finisher spam matches at the last 4 mania matches he has had. Him vs Goldberg at 33, him vs Roman at 34, him vs Rollins at 35 and him vs drew this mania was basically more or less the same match give or take some things. 

His matches with styles,  d bry and Balor in recent years shows he can still put on quality matches. He plays super great off of smaller guys. But besides Goldberg roman, Drew and especially Rollins go freaking go in the ring. IDK why they needed to have those type of matches.

That’s my point. I would think Brock could go but the wwe scripted matches make him look like that’s all he knows. The way both title matches were essentially the same tells all you need to know about the booking. Brock doesn’t seem to care as long as he gets paid. I predict Brock doesn’t re-sign and is gone by year end, sitting on his millions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

That’s my point. I would think Brock could go but the wwe scripted matches make him look like that’s all he knows. The way both title matches were essentially the same tells all you need to know about the booking. Brock doesn’t seem to care as long as he gets paid. I predict Brock doesn’t re-sign and is gone by year end, sitting on his millions. 

Hahaha we have seen this movie way to many times ppl thinking Lesnar is done!!! LMAO

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's got a nice following already.  I went to one of their tv events and it was, without question, better than any live WWE show I've been to.  And to put this in perspective, I've been to:

2 Royal Rumbles

2 WrestleManias

Smackdown at Madison Square Garden

And a few others.  AEW was that good.  I have tickets to AEW's next PPV in Vegas if we're all allowed to leave the house by Memorial Day.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha we have seen this movie way to many times ppl thinking Lesnar is done!!! LMAO

Yea yea i know.  My basis of thinking is i think Mcmahon will stop bringing along part timers now that AEW is giving them something to compare to.  The part timers are hurting WWE. With the slow economy at the moment especially, I think those high salaries for 2 matches are going away.  I think Goldberg is done too. Rumor is he was the one that wanted the Roman match, maybe he comes back for that fight? I think crown Jewel seems to be the one off event to bring back the old fogies lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

AEW has a weekly 2 hour show called Dynamite. It airs every Wednesday at 7pm CT/8pm ET on TNT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

AEW has a weekly 2 hour show called Dynamite. It airs every Wednesday at 7pm CT/8pm ET on TNT.

And they start a tournament this week for the new TNT Championship they've created.  Great opening round matches with Cody Rhodes vs Shaun Spears in 1 match.  Sammy Guevara ( whom has mastered the Spanish Fly and can really get up there) vs Darby Allin (only described as an Enigma). Sammy vs Darby is also a grudge match.  Can't wait!

On 4/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Edge #1

Drew McIntyre's original song #2

In case you need it:

No Goldust?

Maybe I'm just old, but the pop that theme got when Runnels returned to the gimmick against Val Venis after the "born again Christian" thing always stuck with me. 

31 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No Goldust?

Maybe I'm just old, but the pop that theme got when Runnels returned to the gimmick against Val Venis after the "born again Christian" thing always stuck with me. 

Meh.  It's a good theme, but Edge and McIntyre's old jam are ones I'd legit listen to in the car.

• Thanks 1