Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I liked Apollo Crews tonight 

You won't see him again for two months.  Sad, because he's a hell of a talent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Meh.  It's a good theme, but Edge and McIntyre's old jam are ones I'd legit listen to in the car.

Listening in the car isn't exactly my criteria.

Always found wrestlers using songs that could hit on the radio derivative. No one's making a single out of Stone Cold's intro, but when you heard that glass break, you knew something bad ass was about to happen. 

Edited by AUDub

A new lady has joined the women's division.  She was the opponent against Hikaru Shida last week.  She did some good things.  She was a student at QT Marshall school.  The more the merrier in the weakest part of AEW.  They are getting better but still need a division changing talent this year.  Of course my wish is Tessa B when her contract runs out with Impact this summer.  Anyways, welcome to AEW Anna Jay. 

jay-aew.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

A new lady has joined the women's division.  She was the opponent against Hikaru Shida last week.  She did some good things.  She was a student at QT Marshall school.  The more the merrier in the weakest part of AEW.  They are getting better but still need a division changing talent this year.  Of course my wish is Tessa B when her contract runs out with Impact this summer.  Anyways, welcome to AEW Anna Jay. 

jay-aew.jpg

My wish is Charlotte goes to aew to be the face of the whole company like she deserves and GTF away from freaking Becky.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

My wish is Charlotte goes to aew to be the face of the whole company like she deserves and GTF say from freaking Becky.

Yes Charlotte would be a pipe dream but we both know her legacy in WWE won't allow her to leave.  At least she gets to give us an idea how that works, running NXT. 

Also see Rhea is going to be stepping away for a little while.  She has to renew her work Visa so she's heading back to Australia.  With this pandemic, hopefully she gets back soon.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes Charlotte would be a pipe dream but we both know her legacy in WWE won't allow her to leave.  At least she gets to give us an idea how that works, running NXT. 

Also see Rhea is going to be stepping away for a little while.  She has to renew her work Visa so she's heading back to Australia.  With this pandemic, hopefully she gets back soon.  

Charlotte may well indeed may be a WWE lifer but it won't be because of her Dad. When I think of Ric I more closely associate him with wcw than WWE.

Dude that suuuuucks about Rhea!!!! I hope when this pandemic finally dies down she can get back to nxt or even on the main roster asap!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charlotte may well indeed may be a WWE lifer but it won't be because of her Dad. When I think of Ric I more closely associate him with wcw than WWE.

That's a good point. I only remembered Flair from WCW days a well. That’s why I hated him lol. He was always the guy that would be in the way of whomever I was a fan of at the time haha. I respect the heck out of him nowadays.  But as he always said, to be the man, you gotta beat the man! 🤗

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's a good point. I only remembered Flair from WCW days a well. That’s why I hated him lol. He was always the guy that would be in the way of whomever I was a fan of at the time haha. I respect the heck out of him nowadays.  But as he always said, to be the man, you gotta beat the man! 🤗

It sucks we never got to see him in his prime in either of his WWE runs or his wcw run. The territory days is when him and dusty were the 2 most famous wrestlers in the world. Before my time brother! Lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It sucks we never got to see him in his prime in either of his WWE runs or his wcw run. The territory days is when him and dusty were the 2 most famous wrestlers in the world. Before my time brother! Lol

Same here

Finally...SmartSelect_20200410-132333_Chrome.jpg

AEW tag division about to be even stronger. Awesome!

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 1:01 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat, doesn't get any better.

• Love 1

Just wanted to say the Shida vs Baker match was by far the best women’s match in AEW so far. Love Shida. Her mystique in the ring is mesmerizing but really cool to follow on social media. Great asset to AEW. She’s on an incredible role as well. Won her last 8 or 9 matches. Jericho was great as color commentator. Hilarious, put all the wrestlers over, and still reminded you of who he was as leader of inner circle. 

Edited by AUBwins

On 4/7/2020 at 11:47 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Dude that suuuuucks about Rhea!!!! I hope when this pandemic finally dies down she can get back to nxt or even on the main roster asap!!!

Talking about WCW. I really got into wrestling around 1980. Had just gotten cable tv and found a station called TBS out of Atlanta. Saw a show called Georgia Championship Wrestling that came on Saturday evening. Gordon Solie's podium was about 20 ft. from the wrestling ring, and the studio they taped the show in probably held around 50 fans.

I was introduced to wrestlers like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Austin Idle, Roddy Piper and the Anderson's to name a few. Loved this format of wrestling programming. These guys could really talk some Jack! You need to google Georgia Championship Wrestling and watch some of these old shows from the early 80's to see who pioneered big time wrestling. I only watch WWE casually now. Do not like what McMahon has morphed wrestling into. I'm probably in the minority, but I loved the old WCW in the nineties. They had a whole lot more wrestling and smack talking was interjected when it was serviceable to boost the wrestling entertainment. Today's WWE has too much theatrics and not enough wrestling action for my liking, and I just find bits and pieces of it enjoyable. Thanks for letting me rant, and hope you check out some of the older NWA and WCW shows and tell me what you think brother GWill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Talking about WCW. I really got into wrestling around 1980. Had just gotten cable tv and found a station called TBS out of Atlanta. Saw a show called Georgia Championship Wrestling that came on Saturday evening. Gordon Solie's podium was about 20 ft. from the wrestling ring, and the studio they taped the show in probably held around 50 fans.

I was introduced to wrestlers like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, Austin Idle, Roddy Piper and the Anderson's to name a few. Loved this format of wrestling programming. These guys could really talk some Jack! You need to google Georgia Championship Wrestling and watch some of these old shows from the early 80's to see who pioneered big time wrestling. I only watch WWE casually now. Do not like what McMahon has morphed wrestling into. I'm probably in the minority, but I loved the old WCW in the nineties. They had a whole lot more wrestling and smack talking was interjected when it was serviceable to boost the wrestling entertainment. Today's WWE has too much theatrics and not enough wrestling action for my liking, and I just find bits and pieces of it enjoyable. Thanks for letting me rant, and hope you check out some of the older NWA and WCW shows and tell me what you think brother GWill

I think you would appreciate AEW more if you like the throw back style. While they may appeal a little to the modern demographic, they respect where wrestling originated from and the content is more pure. It reminds me a lot of WCW, but with a little Lucha Libre feel within the tag division. Tag matches have been some of the best I have ever seen. The most recent title match with Omega and Page versus Young Bucks could arguably been the best all time.  Heck the Rhodes family is basically running this company, paying homage to the greats. I think that’s why we are seeing past legends want to be a part of it, like Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, and Good Ol JR on commentary. Even Brett Hart introduced the AEW title to the audience. The flow may not be there in the immediate under current distancing circumstances but they were rolling before this pandemic. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think you would appreciate AEW more if you like the throw back style. While they may appeal a little to the modern demographic, they respect where wrestling originated from and the content is more pure. It reminds me a lot of WCW, but with a little Lucha Libre feel within the tag division. Tag matches have been some of the best I have ever seen. The most recent title match with Omega and Page versus Young Bucks could arguably been the best all time.  Heck the Rhodes family is basically running this company, paying homage to the greats. I think that’s why we are seeing past legends want to be a part of it, like Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, and Good Ol JR on commentary. Even Brett Hart introduced the AEW title to the audience. The flow may not be there in the immediate under current distancing circumstances but they were rolling before this pandemic. 

I do watch AEW and do like it slightly better. They just need a little more starpower ( a few more established names) if you will. I do enjoy the premise of their telecasts  a lot more than WWE.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I do watch AEW and do like it slightly better. They just need a little more starpower ( a few more established names) if you will. I do enjoy the premise of their telecasts  a lot more than WWE.

Yes. I don’t want them getting too many WWE washouts so to speak because it goes a little against their mission statement of giving a platform for the young Indies to become stars in their own right. I know he wouldn’t come over but they could really use a Will Osprey for the men’s side and definitely need some show stoppers in Women’s division. Tessa would be my number one. Can you imagine what Sasha Banks could do in AEW? She flirted with AEW a little, but not sure if it was just a ploy against WWE for more money or just because she was mad at them. 

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yes. I don’t want them getting too many WWE washouts so to speak because it goes a little against their mission statement of giving a platform for the young Indies to become stars in their own right. I know he wouldn’t come over but they could really use a Will Osprey for the men’s side and definitely need some show stoppers in Women’s division. Tessa would be my number one. Can you imagine what Sasha Banks could do in AEW? She flirted with AEW a little, but not sure if it was just a ploy against WWE for more money or just because she was mad at them. 

Yea they do need a solid mix of proven big names and young up and comers. Another thing is they need to get someone in line to take Jericho's place. His body can't hold out much longer, as much wear and tear as it has taken over the years. They have laid a good foundation, and are already as entertaining as WWE in my opinion.

• Like 1

WWE just made major cuts to their roster. Lay-off. Gallows and Anderson are the shocker here as they were regulars. Some are finally free of their mis-use

E057F9DD-BC54-4541-B04C-ED93AC202DD2.png

Edited by AUBwins
Dolph Ziggler tweet. This would be awesome.
  • Like 1

Could be great for AEW women's division. She is a good friend with Britt Baker.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say the street fight on AEW was awesome. Golf carts, scissor lifts, ice coolers, ladders, tables, and more within the concourse of an NFL stadium? Yes. 

A couple of old school surprises, one with Jake just made for a good show. 

• Like 1

Just a thought,  I would love to see EC3 in AEW. Not the wwe character but this new rebirth on social media for him gives him an edgier persona that I think would be great in AEW. I'm not a fan of every wrestler released coming over but want the Revival (The Revolt) and EC3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Just a thought,  I would love to see EC3 in AEW. Not the wwe character but this new rebirth on social media for him gives him an edgier persona that I think would be great in AEW. I'm not a fan of every wrestler released coming over but want the Revival (The Revolt) and EC3.

There is speculation that Ethan Carter and FTR (Fear the Revolt) could come into AEW as a faction. Would be interesting. 

After Arn turns on Cody, he could assume the JJ Dillion role with the faction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

There is speculation that Ethan Carter and FTR (Fear the Revolt) could come into AEW as a faction. Would be interesting. 

After Arn turns on Cody, he could assume the JJ Dillion role with the faction.

I saw where EC3 mentioned the FTR recently in a tweet.  That would be cool. 

So what did you think about MITB? The corporate match was a fun sideshow for a while.  I like the endings for the two and the cameos. 

Bray Wyatt is a creative legend.  His work is special. He just tells an amazing story while still executing in the ring.  Braun played a good part as well. Probably my favorite match.  Drew and Seth was solid as well.  So when is Sasha going to take the belt from Bailey.  They are really taking their time with that one which was a smart move.