Tiger Invite Game Threads

11 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Draper hits it to third, error by 3B, Maresette scores.  AU wins 4-3.

Further review:  it was a bunt and a wild throw to first.

Well damn it make up your mind

First chance at a comeback was a success.  A little speed and power. 

I got curious about St. Francis.  It's a Catholic school with an enrollment of 2150, and annual attendance costs of about $42,000, including R&B.  Most of the players on the sb team are from PA or Ohio.  One notable exception:  Abby Trahan, the pitcher who mostly handcuffed us tonight, is from Louisiana.

Good night on campus for sports fans....ball games all over the place and pretty good weather for February too....

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I got curious about St. Francis.  It's a Catholic school with an enrollment of 2150, and annual attendance costs of about $42,000, including R&B.  Most of the players on the sb team are from PA or Ohio.  One notable exception:  Abby Trahan, the pitcher who mostly handcuffed us tonight, is from Louisiana.

I might have known.

This was the first game where we had several K's...what I liked so far, except the St. Francis was that we had none or only a few K's in the games...we were putting the ball in play...you put the ball in play, there is always a chance something positive can happen..

Tight game at this point is good for the team IMO....

St. Francis played in a regional last year. The Trahan girl was good. St. Francis was surprisingly all over Kaylee tonight, but they couldn’t touch Makayla in her two innings of work. 

AU handled Saint Francis a bit better on Saturday.  We were able to score a little more on them and kept them off the boards, thanks to Martin's dominate performance (complete game shut-out giving up 2 hits, 1 HBP and 9 strikeouts).

Same pitcher, Abby Trahan, for SFU as Friday night, so she kept the AU bats at bay overall for the two games.  Good call by CMD to pictch Martin in game 2 against them after her performance in the 2 innings Friday night.

Archived