A little fun with AU64

For my good buddy @AU64 : According to the announcers in the AU/UF game, SEC stats are as follows:

Team that scores the most runs, Florida

Team that bunts the least, Florida :)

Team that scores the second most runs, Auburn

Team that bunts the second fewest, Auburn :)

(I'm a little surprised that AU scores the 2nd most runs.) Might not be true, as the goofy announcers also said: "Ward is definitely not in the game for defensive purposes." WHAT?

On another note, Something is bad, bad wrong with Josh Anthony. Both at bat and in the field, he's not playing like he has played in the past at AU. Hoping he can turn it around.

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For my good buddy @AU64 : According to the announcers in the AU/UF game, SEC stats are as follows:

(I'm a little surprised that AU scores the 2nd most runs.) Might not be true, as the goofy announcers also said: "Ward is definitely not in the game for defensive purposes." WHAT?

On another note, Something is bad, bad wrong with Josh Anthony. Both at bat and in the field, he's not playing like he has played in the past at AU. Hoping he can turn it around.

All true.....but give Gabe or someone credit for knowing a good time to bunt and actually calling on someone who can get the bunt down.   Bunting is a "need" thing.....no point in doing it when the bats are raining out hits....but I notice this year the SB success rate is about 70%.....much better than in years past.  

And gotta give me a little credit for calling that on in advance....game conditions,  opposing pitcher dominating, .....stuff like that.......:)  old school baseball...

As for AU's scoring prowess....seems that we get them in big bunches.....not sure what the UF record looks like but if you took 6  games out of our schedule, our runs scored would really drop.

We scored something like 110 runs in just 6 games.....

And in eight of our losses we had either none or one run....probably because of the bunts .

Need a better distribution of scoring maybe....:-\

As for JA....yep....things just not clicking for him.....thought it might not be a bad idea to swap him and Venter like they did for Samford....but both back at their normal spot last night....which might have cost us. ?

Re: Ward.....yep, they really missed that one didn't they ?.   He looks scary out there sometime but manages to snag them once he gets to the ball... he must have run 50 yards tracking down that long fly last night. 

And Dylan?   boy, can't figure what has happened there...

Hoping for better luck for us tonight...and that there is no reason for Gabe to ask for a SB.....:thumbsup:

PS...if I had the gators line-up I would not be bunting either....96HRs this year and a ton of doubles...

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I've been worried about him for a few weeks. I really like that kid and I'm pretty sure he wants a career in MLB. He came back to work on his hitting deficiencies IMHO and maybe he's stretched too thin. I have heard that he works very, very hard, and he could be mentally fatigued. I hope he does shake it off. He has been stellar at third in the past, and we know he has the talent for that position. It must be hard for him right now living through his slump. Poor kid.

Saw action in 57 games and made 54 starts in his first season on The Plains … led the team with eight home runs and ranked tied for second with 39 RBI … turned in a .258/.382/.448 slash line … ranked third on the team with a .282 average during SEC play … six of his home runs and 20 of his RBI came in conference action … hit seven of his home runs during a 14-game span … drove in multiple runs in each of his first two games as a Tiger … went 2-for-3 with two runs, three RBI, a double and home run vs Lipscomb (3/5) … drove in a season-high four runs at Samford (4/11) … went 2-for-3 with three runs, three RBI and a home run vs. Arkansas (4/21) … finished the series 5-for-10 with six runs, four RBI and two home runs … went 3-for-8 with five runs, six RBI and two home runs in a doubleheader at Mississippi State (4/29) … his performances against the Bulldogs started a 13-game hit streak, good for second longest on the season … reached base in a season high 23 straight games from Apr. 15-June 2 ... turned in a .982 fielding percentage at first base.

This is the guy I can't figure....what happened to Dylan Ingrahm?    A good year in 2017 and can't hit his weight this year?  Thought he would be a factor this season.  

Really think we have to do something different at 3B. Anthony is just not producing anywhere close to what we need at the plate, and his defense, which is the reason I argued to keep him in the lineup, isn’t as good as it was last year. 

It’s time to make a move there. We could put Ingram at 1B and Venter at 3B. We could move Jarvis to 3B, Julien to 2B, Davis to DH, and leave Venter at 3B. Anthony just isn’t competitive enough in his ABs and isn’t making enough tough plays in the field to keep playing him despite his struggling bat. Getting Ingram or Davis in the lineup would give us a better chance for production in that spot. 

30 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Really think we have to do something different at 3B. Anthony is just not producing anywhere close to what we need at the plate, and his defense, which is the reason I argued to keep him in the lineup, isn’t as good as it was last year. 

It’s time to make a move there. We could put Ingram at 1B and Venter at 3B. We could move Jarvis to 3B, Julien to 2B, Davis to DH, and leave Venter at 3B. Anthony just isn’t competitive enough in his ABs and isn’t making enough tough plays in the field to keep playing him despite his struggling bat. Getting Ingram or Davis in the lineup would give us a better chance for production in that spot. 

Some of the changes sound good....just wish DI could figure it out too......has some power and a good contributor last year and all of a sudden....he just seems lost at the plate.  I'm good with Venter at 3rd which apparently is his primary position anyway.   

Wonder if there will be any changes tonight? 

fun game tonight....only one sac bunt that turned into a run....thanks to a throwing error....ya just never know what can happen on a baseball diamond..

Archived