2019 4* RB Mark-Antony Richards

ellitor

On 1/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, ellitor said:

Cool factoid. Where did you get it?

Plus some coaches are small enough to ride in another coach’s lap if needed 😁

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@benjaminwolk One of the busiest prospects in America: Mark-Antony Richards hosted Dan Mullen earlier this week. Gus Malzahn, Cadillac Williams and Greg Brown saw him yesterday. Kirby Smart and Dell McGee will be by tonight. Here's Richards' recap of the Auburn visit.

Ben Wolk • AuburnSports.com

@benjaminwolk

knew this week would happen eventually, but it's been eye opening nonetheless.

Let's call it head coach week in West Palm Beach, Fla.

It started with Florida coach Dan Mullen landing a helicopter at midfield of the Wellington (Fla.) football field. Gus Malzahn followed it up Wednesday with an in-home visit, joined by new running backs coach Cadillac Williams and area recruiter Greg Brown. It will wrap up Thursday night when Georgia coaches Kirby Smart and Dell McGee make the last in-home visit of the last week of Richards' recruitment.

Two other schools remain in consideration, too: Miami and Penn State. Their head coaches went to see Richards in the last two weeks.

"It just means the hard work paid off. You put in all the long hours for times like this," Richards said. "I'm here, and I'm just thankful all these coaches are coming in to see me."

His Wednesday visit with Auburn was a two-parter.

Richards has been in constant communication with Auburn's new running backs coach since he was hired. The two have been texting and calling back and forth with regularity. On Wednesday, Williams made his way to Wellington, which resulted in plenty of interest from the student body.

Was Richards very familiar with Williams prior to the hiring? As I learned, stupid question: It's Cadillac Williams, after all.

"Of course I knew Cadillac Williams. When he came to the school, he was walking through and everyone was like, 'Oh, it's Cadillac Williams.' So yeah, that's cool," Richards said. "t went really, really well. We talked a lot. Me and coach Williams talked for a little more than an hour. We had a really good talk. He wanted me to come to the understanding that, yes, he may be a new college coach, but he's been there and done that. He knows what it takes to do the job. He's done it."

Richards left school, but his Auburn visit wasn't over.

After the hourlong chat with Williams, Richard returned home for and in-home visit with Gus Malzahn, Williams and Brown who recruits the West Palm Beach area. Richards said most of his conversation with Malzahn, as is often the case, had little to do with football.

They talked with Richards' older brother Ahmmon, who Malzahn recruited, and enjoyed the relaxed evening at the Richards home.

"Then coach Malzahn came to the house. We had a really good talk, too. It wasn't really all about recruiting. Sometimes it was just about old times from when he was recruiting my brother," Richards said. "That was a really good time."

Richards now has less than a week to come to a decision. He will announce his final choice between Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Miami and Penn State at 11 a.m. ET next Wednesday at his high school.

He said Thursday he will take two to three days after Georgia leaves Thursday night to come to a consensus decision with his family. By the beginning of next week, Richards said he plans to inform the college coaching staffs so they aren't dealing with any "surprises on the most important recruiting day of the year."

The pillars of Richards' decision?

"It's just where I felt happy at. Scheme fit, that's huge for me. I'd also have to say relationship with the staff. That's huge, too. Those are the guys I'll have to be around a lot," he said.

In terms of scheme fit, that's one area Richards pointed toward an Auburn advantage.

"I'd probably say the opportunity. I think it's a great opportunity for me to showcase my skills in that offense," Richards said. "It's more like a tricky kind of offense, which is something that I like. That's something that I really, really, really like about Auburn."

Wow this kid is really getting my hopes up for him to join the Auburn Tigers! Waaaar Eagle 🦅 

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Wow this kid is really getting my hopes up for him to join the Auburn Tigers! Waaaar Eagle 🦅 

Well do you want your hope up even more? Marcello & Mark Murphy crystal balled  MAR to AU today. Murphy in particular usually has real good info.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well do you want your hope up even more? Marcello & Mark Murphy crystal balled  MAR to AU today. Murphy in particular usually has real good info.

Didn't Murph CB Charles Moore to AU as well?

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That's something that I really, really, really like about Auburn."

This from MAR...3 “really” has  got to count for something....

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

This from MAR...3 “really” has  got to count for something....

Got to get Caddy to get 2 more really's out of him and I think we will got this in the bag mr fred!!! lol

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I know the ink must be dry before it’s done, but I like the direction this is headed.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True on Murphy.  Usually he would hold on any opinion until he knows or is allowed to share what info he has.  

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't Murph CB Charles Moore to AU as well?

Yup! But given how CM talks up a team after every official visit I am still leery about this last visit this weekend.

58 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Which one? 

Malzahn's, obviously. It's been Malzahn's offense 9 of the past 10 years and Richards is around 18 years old so...

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That doesn't say much. 

It kinda' does say that the kid likes Malzahn's offense, which was the whole point of your "which offense" question. The answer to your question is Malzahn's offense is the offense he likes.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Which one? 

I’m not M-AR but I’m guessing he likes a 2 back run play action offense. If that isn’t clear, let me spell it out: it’s the one that looks good when Chip is supposedly running it, and looks bad when Gus is supposedly running it. It gives RBs a healthy dosage of opportunities and also drags them into tbe earth. It is innovative, and stubborn as a mule. It makes posters like @GwillMac6 cry because it isn’t the Air Raid, but then hangs 50+ on Purdue while easily shining brighter than Brohm’s “real offense.” A blessing and curse. The birth of tbe unborn. Trickey and true to principle. 

Cleared up yet?

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

It kinda' does say that the kid likes Malzahn's offense, which was the whole point of your "which offense" question. The answer to your question is Malzahn's offense is the offense he likes.

I’m assuming he’s referring to the fact that there is a good Malzahn offense, a not so good one, and then a downright toilet one

Really hope we land MAR.....after watching his film again,.....His running style reminds me of Kenny Irons...maybe with a little better pad level than Irons....but with the hands of Ronnie Brown....could definitely see him being a star at AU.....Im seeing visions....Bo Nix-Seth Williams/Flash/GP annd then MAR/ DJ Williams/ Boobie/Worm,....OMG Im getting goose pimples

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Im seeing visions....Bo Nix-Seth Williams/Flash/GP annd then MAR/ DJ Williams/ Boobie/Worm,....OMG Im getting goose pimples

Now if we could only block for them...

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-which-program-will-land-mark-antony-richards-

both analysts in this article think Richards ends up at Miami although both their confidence levels are low on that. Interesting all the recruiting opinions on recruits how different they can be. Granted it’s Farrell and Cassidy but still 

43 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-which-program-will-land-mark-antony-richards-

both analysts in this article think Richards ends up at Miami although both their confidence levels are low on that. Interesting all the recruiting opinions on recruits how different they can be. Granted it’s Farrell and Cassidy but still 

National analysts don't know jack. It's why I never post their stuff.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, Beaker said:

I heard  USNA coach has asked for appropriations for a nuclear sub to be avail for his recruiting trips.  Not sure he is going to reach many recruits that are inland.   

That could be just a rumor.      If he pulls this off,  showing up in a sub will trump the helicopter gag.  

Wouldn't that be something to behold? Less than impossible it would ever happen, especially with how secretive the US Government is about our subs, but man that would be something to see!

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

analysts in this article think Richards ends up at Miami 

So do I. I just don't see him leaving south Florida. I sure hope he signs with the good guys, but it would surprise me to see him anywhere but Coral Gables. Maybe had Richt still been at Miami we could of nabbed him, but with a new coaching staff in place at Miami, Diaz making him a priority, and Miami now wanting him at RB... I just don't see it happening. 

Sure would be nice though. Woulda been nice to nab his brother also... But those Miami ties were just too strong. I see the exact same thing happening with MAR

Archived