FB Keenan Sweeney transfers to ND

gr82be

A former Auburn fullback has found a new home.

Graduate transfer Keenan Sweeney, who appeared in nine games over the past two season for the Tigers, is transferring to Notre Dame.

"Very excited to say I'll be attending the University of Notre Dame to get my masters in Global Health," Sweeney posted via Instagram Tuesday night. "No better way to finish my football career at the university I grew up loving. Go Irish!"

A former walk-on from Snellvile, Ga., Sweeney earned a scholarship each of the past two seasons as a backup to Chandler Cox but did not record a statistic.

The four-time SEC academic honor roll member will follow in the path of his father, John Sweeney, who was also a fullback for Notre Dame and his brother, Aidan, was a member of the Fighting Irish swim team.

Just wondering if this could be the "wiggle room" Gus mentioned. 

58 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A former Auburn fullback has found a new home.

Graduate transfer Keenan Sweeney, who appeared in nine games over the past two season for the Tigers, is transferring to Notre Dame.

"Very excited to say I'll be attending the University of Notre Dame to get my masters in Global Health," Sweeney posted via Instagram Tuesday night. "No better way to finish my football career at the university I grew up loving. Go Irish!"

A former walk-on from Snellvile, Ga., Sweeney earned a scholarship each of the past two seasons as a backup to Chandler Cox but did not record a statistic.

The four-time SEC academic honor roll member will follow in the path of his father, John Sweeney, who was also a fullback for Notre Dame and his brother, Aidan, was a member of the Fighting Irish swim team.

This has nothing to do with the annual 25 limit and the 25 limit is what we have reached. Half the team could leave and we still couldn't sign another scholarship player to the current cycle.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This has nothing to do with the annual 25 limit and the 25 limit is what we have reached. Half the team could leave and we still couldn't sign another scholarship player to the current cycle.

You've said that before and for some reason I forgot it. Thanks. Maybe it will stick this time. ;)

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You've said that before and for some reason I forgot it. Thanks. Maybe it will stick this time. ;)

If the coaches have found some loophole in the 25 limit, nobody that I've talked to in person or communicated with online knows what it could possibly be. I'm of the opinion that Gus's "wiggleroom" comment was wishful thinking/coach speak.

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Doesn't effect the 25 limit, which is where we need to be able to "wiggle" to add any more GTs.

Archived