Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Well wtf are they? Cmon bro, you know better. 

Lol. I actually fussed at my local FB beer group. All they do is post pictures. Don't even offer opinions. I was like I know I'm the new guy here but what is the point?

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

2018 Narwhal. Fuego. Big roast. Coffee. Bitter chocolate. 

Waiting for the warm up and will report. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

One of my favorites. God, I love Narwhal.

Co-signed. Right there with Expedition Stout as the best of the widely available seasonal imperial stouts IMO. And way more reasonably priced.

Really, I just love Sierra Nevada. Picked up a 12 pack of Torpedo for $14 this weekend for beach beer. 

Hop City has BBA Ten Fidy on the keg list.

May go get me a growler fill tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s a growler full of regret for the following day. Go for it. 

Probably save it for a special occasion. Basketball tipoff or my lottery win tonight.

Edited by AUDub

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Probably save it for a special occasion. Basketball tipoff or my lottery win tonight.

Yeah...good luck with that! My wife and I were fantasizing what we’d do with that money on the way over to Nashville. 

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah...good luck with that! My wife and I were fantasizing what we’d do with that money on the way over to Nashville. 

I take it her answer wasn't "two chicks at the same time". I get that, I guess.

The winning ticket was sold in my new home state, and I bought my ticket yesterday in... Savannah. 

• Haha 3

Also, I want to tell everyone about something I did last night. Something I’m not sure I’ve ever done before. 

I stiffed a bartender. 

City Tap House Nashville. This is probably the fanciest bar food spot I’ve ever been to. They have a handful of locations about the country. 

Why I stiffed the bartender:

1. I ordered a pint of Bearded Iris Homestyle at $8(!), she charged me for the seasonal tap...something from TN Brewworks priced at $9(!). Wasn’t a pint, served in a 12oz plastic beer cup. 

2. Wife ordered a cocktail($10) and it was the most miserable looking skimpy cocktail I’ve ever seen in my life and it tasted awful. Bartender asked her if it tasted okay, to which my wife told her the truth...it was skimp and bad. Wife ordered a replacement cocktail for $6, which is fair. 

We got charged for the wrong beer and we’re also charged for the full price of the s*** cocktail wife was originally provided instead of the cocktail she actually enjoyed. We had to request an itemized receipt. 

Sorry to any service workers, current or present, but that’s how a customer feels swindled and how your tip gets taken away. And yes, I worked in the food service industry for a long time.

This was after we tipped the girl $20 at Southern Grist for pouring 4 pints and filling a couple crowlers. 

We wont be returning to City Tap, and I would suggest anyone else use caution. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

In all its glory, BBA Ten Fidy. Almost a dollar an ounce down here though. Howler fill cost 30.99. 

Q0l6PJe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sorry to any service workers

I am confident that none of the regulars in this thread would do this without good reason and I have done it myself in extreme circumstances. 

Fellow former service industry guy and chronic overtipper myself. But aggressively bad service puts me in a dark place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/27/2018 at 8:18 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

120 isn’t a barley wine? Geeze it tastes like one...

I've had "high alcohol IPA isn't barley wine" explained to me before, but I still don't really get it.

And I really can't *taste* a difference between a, say, 3 year old 120 and a big barley wine. 

• Like 1