Baseball vs Florida - Game 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’d lose the game too if my offense only gave me 2 runs and I was pitching against Florida. 

He got 2 runs in 4 innings....and gave up 5 earned runs in about 5 innings.....which computes to an ERA of about 7+.  

Pitcher who gets knocked out half way through a game can't blame it on lack of run support......JMO 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

There is no movement on Daniels fastball.  He’s just got speed.  When his offspeed is pitched for a strike he looks much better

His speed is often enough if he keeps it down …..but can't let it get up in the zone.....and those 90+ fast balls can really carry....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He got 2 runs in 4 innings....and gave up 5 earned runs in about 5 innings.....which computes to an ERA of about 7+.  

Pitcher who gets knocked out half way through a game can't blame it on lack of run support......JMO 

True.  Four walks and a HBP is not the Casey Mize we know.  But 2 runs against UF is not going to get you many wins. 

Worst part other than the hitting and getting blown out part is Casey didn’t go far at all. More bullpen innings making Monday that much harder if AU finds some way to get there. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

His speed is often enough if he keeps it down …..but can't let it get up in the zone.....and those 90+ fast balls can really carry....

He can stay up in the zone if he’s throwing 97.  Most College players can’t catch up to that.  Otherwise I agree

Hats off to Singer for pulling a Houdini act of regrouping. Still don’t like the kid for his temper/dugout antics when things don’t go his way. I get the competitive spirit but there’s a way to do that without acting like a petulant child

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Wish more Tigers had done it like that.....

Yep and singer would have been gone 2 innings ago.  I thought singer did well but not freakishly dominant if we’d kept up hitting like first 3 innings

Williams did not look good in that AB.  3rd strike was the same spot as the previous pitch that was called a ball. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Williams did not look good in that AB.  3rd strike was the same spot as the previous pitch that was called a ball. 

It’s the 7th inning, we should know there’s a 50% chance that will be called a strike 

12 minutes ago, around4ever said:

True.  Four walks and a HBP is not the Casey Mize we know.  But 2 runs against UF is not going to get you many wins. 

True but at that point we had 5 more turns at the plate......no reason to think our offense was done for the day.       

I just reject the arguments that CM is pressing because he has not gotten run support     In some of his poorer outings lately, he was not around long enough to know what his offense was going to do for him.   As you note......his work today was not what we've seen most of the year. 

Just now, jared52 said:

UF is just a good baseball team. 

And they know it. They play with that attitude. Once they see an opportunity they break it wide open. Auburn needs more of that. 

Well their closer is coming and looks like UF not fooling around...not gonna take a chance to let this get away from them....  Meanwhile DD did fine with his time...that HR to the first batter was unfortunate but otherwise, he's looked good IMO.

Archived