Can you imagine if Hillary was appointing these justices?

NolaAuTiger

For me, the most compelling reason to vote for Trump, aside from Hillary herself, was the pending SCOTUS appointments. This nation couldn't have survived three more Ginsberg types on the bench.

Just now, Mikey said:

For me, the most compelling reason to vote for Trump, aside from Hillary herself, was the pending SCOTUS appointments. This nation couldn't have survived three more Ginsberg types on the bench.

Exactly. I really don’t see how any conservative can’t be pleased, on that basis alone, at this point.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My feelings exactly.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

It's about the only consolation I take from Trump being in office.  

You're going to love his opinion on Net Neutrality.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is the smack talk forum. Keep the civil stuff out of here 

LOL. 

I'm serious though. If Titan hates Ajit Pai as much as I do, and I know he does, this guy's right up his alley on the issue. 

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/07/net-neutrality-rules-are-illegal-according-to-trumps-supreme-court-pick/

Just now, AUDub said:

LOL. 

I'm serious though. If Titan hates Ajit Pai as much as I do, and I know he does, this guy's right up his alley on the issue. 

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/07/net-neutrality-rules-are-illegal-according-to-trumps-supreme-court-pick/

I’m going to read some of his opinions tonight. Analysis to follow in sacred forum...

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

LOL. 

He will get drilled on being a member of Ken Starr's team

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

You're going to love his opinion on Net Neutrality.

Well, like I say, he wasn’t in my top three even. And I’m sure I’ll hate his stance on some things. But on most things, I’ll still be thankful Hillary hasn’t been choosing the slots. 

I have to cling to whatever thread of hope I can. 

i see the left talking points on trumps nominee are the fact he does not believe anyone should be charged with anything while in office. now these were talking points so they may or may not be relevant but i am sorry if you break the law you should pay the price. it would sound like the nominee is saying do what ya want................we will not convict wink wink. thoughts?

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, like I say, he wasn’t in my top three even. And I’m sure I’ll hate his stance on some things. But on most things, I’ll still be thankful Hillary hasn’t been choosing the slots. 

I have to cling to whatever thread of hope I can. 

Come on, man. You knew this was going to be the case with any of the potential nominees with a realistic shot at landing the nom. Only difference is that you have Kavanaugh's view on paper.  

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i see the left talking points on trumps nominee are the fact he does not believe anyone should be charged with anything while in office. now these were talking points so they may or may not be relevant but i am sorry if you break the law you should pay the price. it would sound like the nominee is saying do what ya want................we will not convict wink wink. thoughts?

n a 2012 article for the Minnesota Law Review, Kavanaugh reflected on his five years working for the George W. Bush White House in the early 2000s. He said he now believes presidents should have immunity while in office because of the pressure and importance of their job.

“Looking back to the late 1990s, for example, the nation certainly would have been better off if President Clinton could have focused on Osama bin Laden without being distracted by the Paula Jones sexual harassment case and its criminal investigation offshoots,” Kavanaugh wrote.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

n a 2012 article for the Minnesota Law Review, Kavanaugh reflected on his five years working for the George W. Bush White House in the early 2000s. He said he now believes presidents should have immunity while in office because of the pressure and importance of their job.

“Looking back to the late 1990s, for example, the nation certainly would have been better off if President Clinton could have focused on Osama bin Laden without being distracted by the Paula Jones sexual harassment case and its criminal investigation offshoots,” Kavanaugh wrote.

i disagree.dem, repub, or indie.........no one should be above the law period. you think people would not take advantage of that?

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ben Wittes wrote an interesting take on this. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/brett-kavanaugh-and-mueller-investigation-what-do-his-writings-really-say

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i disagree.dem, repub, or indie.........no one should be above the law period. you think people would not take advantage of that?

I agree. That applies to illegal immigrants as well.

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

I agree. That applies to illegal immigrants as well.

unless you have been living under a rock i am pretty sure the illegals they catch are paying the price.

i am not a hillary fan but she sure does get accused of a lot of stuff..even speculation wise and very few links with proof positive.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, aubiefifty said:

Surely you don't believe that.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that fifty can cause himself to believe anything that makes him happy or tends to enhance his point.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

unless you have been living under a rock i am pretty sure the illegals they catch are paying the price.

Yes they are, much to the chagrin of the Looney Left.

13 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

sorry. actually not sorry. i do not believe a word that comes out of trumps mouth. he is a LIAR. he has already hinted around about pardons etc. why is it so hard to think he would not cover his own ass? trump is trump first and america later. and he has suckerd many of you in...........

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry. actually not sorry. i do not believe a word that comes out of trumps mouth. he is a LIAR. he has already hinted around about pardons etc. why is it so hard to think he would not cover his own ass? trump is trump first and america later. and he has suckerd many of you in...........

We strongly disagree and that's OK. But I don't feel suckered at all.  Given the choice I had, I would vote for him today in a heartbeat.

Archived