Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

As long as Smith and Meyer have been together I would find it hard to believe there wasnt anything Meyer didnt know about Smith......from abuse to infidelity......guy talk, wife talk, other coaches going to their boss to report things they heard or seen imo.

To me it is just a whole different ball-game if he did report it as he is now saying.

1. Even the strongest OSU supporter now has to know, UM is a scumbag liar.

2. We also know, despite a history of spousal abuse, UM had no problem keeping Zack on staff.

3. We also know Ohio State University athletic department, had no problem keeping Zack on staff.

4. Lastly we know, according to UM, this was reported to the proper channels, and they did nothing!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

To me it is just a whole different ball-game if he did report it as he is now saying.

1. Even the strongest OSU supporter now has to know, UM is a scumbag liar.

2. We also know, despite a history of spousal abuse, UM had no problem keeping Zack on staff.

3. We also know Ohio State University athletic department, had no problem keeping Zack on staff.

4. Lastly we know, according to UM, this was reported to the proper channels, and they did nothing!

Which in my opinion is why OSU cant up and fire him...........cover your arse 101.

The entire article is a must read! Best I’ve read this far.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-urban-meyer-urban-liar-buckeyes-domestic-violence-zach-smith-20180803-story,amp.html

Really, Urban?

Seriously?

Your intention was not to say anything misleading?

Then why did you essentially accuse college football reporter Brett McMurphy, who was simply doing his job, of making up the story of allegations against Smith in 2015?

Meyer, the embattled Ohio State Buckeyes coach, issued a completely disingenuous statement on Friday saying that he "failed" when he denied knowing about domestic violence allegations against one of his former assistant coaches.”

He said he “failed” when he denied knowing? Wow.

Unless everyone who has anything to do with Ohio State tries to cover everything up, Urban won't be Ohio State's head coach in 2018.

Yep. Somebody's gonna lose their job over this one. It's just a matter of who...

The longer this thing drags out the more likely Urban will be roaming the OSU sideline.  IMO, he will be retained unless they uncover something new.  

48 minutes ago, gctiger said:

The longer this thing drags out the more likely Urban will be roaming the OSU sideline.  IMO, he will be retained unless they uncover something new.  

Completely agree.  I believe he will be back there this year

58 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Agree; This is all a set-up to keep him. It appears they’re going to pin it on the AD!

38 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Agree; This is all a set-up to keep him. It appears they’re going to pin it on the AD!

I guess that is possible but UM is a $6M  per year coach and should not need his presumptive "boss" to tell him the right thing to do.    I guess Smith could be the logical scapegoat if the top Admin. wanted to keep UM. ….but everyone would know the truth. 

I see no reason to fire Myer. I see very little evidence of abuse if any. By the number of arrests/ convictions/ dropped charges, it just don’t add up. Not saying he never did abuse her but it wasn’t as obvious as the media is piling it on. Now I understand firing Smith just for the accusations and smoke/ fire stuff. It was a pain in the ass situation. But I don’t know how you hold a head football coach responsible for a bad marriage when the law didn’t even see fit to punish the offender. Especially with the time that has passed since the last incident. 

Sounds like to me Urban had a crazy ass assistant married to a crazy ass woman.  He should have never put his hands on her and she should have gotten a protective order and left his behind the first time he did it.  When people have these volatile relationships yet the stay together you never know what to do.  Even though I can’t stand Urban Meyer I don’t think this is justification to fire him.  He’s a football coach not a marriage counselor.  Just my humble opinion take it for what it’s worth.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

wowsers....

“In a report published independently on Facebook, Jeff Snook laid out quotes from Lynn Bruce, Smith’s mother and the daughter of former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce, and Tina Carano, the mother of Smith’s ex-wife Courtney. Both mothers claimed Courtney told them of a vindictive revenge plot against Smith and Meyer that she has been apparently planning since 2013.”

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mother-zach-courtney-smith-claim-ex-ohio-state-assistant-victim-retaliatory-plot-ex-wife-223132593.html

wowsers....

“In a report published independently on Facebook, Jeff Snook laid out quotes from Lynn Bruce, Smith’s mother and the daughter of former Ohio State coach Earle Bruce, and Tina Carano, the mother of Smith’s ex-wife Courtney. Both mothers claimed Courtney told them of a vindictive revenge plot against Smith and Meyer that she has been apparently planning since 2013.”

This is why I gave this guy and especially Urban Meyer the benefits of doubt! There is PLENTY of doubt. A whole lot of smoke and virtually no fire. Folks are quick to jump on with both feet and should be ashamed. No saints in this story. 

14 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

wowsers....

Thank you for posting this Pat.

I have no dog in this hunt but we believe these people now and not her, just because? They may be correct and she is just being vindictive but I would still rather wait. This seems every bit as much “he said, she said” as the original story.  I still think a school like Ohio state (and more it’s boosters) has a very powerful “rec” of it’s own.  Not sure who to believe now, especially after that cringe worthy interview of Zach Smith’s.   What a big mess! 

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I have no dog in this hunt but we believe these people now and not her, just because? They may be correct and she is just being vindictive but I would still rather wait. This seems every bit as much “he said, she said” as the original story.  I still think a school like Ohio state (and more it’s boosters) has a very powerful “rec” of it’s own.  Not sure who to believe now, especially after that cringe worthy interview of Zach Smith’s.   What a big mess! 

I don’t know that I believe anything. I have seen toxic relationships and marriages enough to know people suck! Domestic violence is real but so is vengeance and pathological lying. Sometimes it can be explained as explained as extreme exaggeration. I doubt this coach was valuable enough to Myer to over look abusive behavior or cover it up to risk his career. I think urban believed she was crazy and that along with the facts he was never charged or tried And it stayed out of the media he just pushed on. When it became a public game he dumped the guy. Five years ago he might not have even done that. I don’t like Myer and couldn’t name but only coach on his staff prior to this. 

My point was that you can’t criticize people who believe a woman’s own mother and inlaws and not criticize people who automatically believe this woman who has virtually no evidence. 

14 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

BBC - Big Buckeye Club..... every successful college football program has something similar to the REC.  You need these guys to acquire the necessary talent to make the teams successful without involving the coaches.  They keep the coaches from getting in trouble and aid players when they can to cover up small issues like being arrested for DUI and carrying an unregistered firearm.    Teams that have weak or no booster clubs are the ones that have no chance to win NCs.  They would be the ones outside of the top 20-30 in recruiting. Bitcoin and crypto money has made it so easy for them to send incentives to players' families with little chance of tracing it. Pretty clear that UG has upped their payroll, and would expect to see UT following suit, as well.  They learned from the master.

On 8/11/2018 at 8:38 AM, LakeBum said:

BBC - Big Buckeye Club..... every successful college football program has something similar to the REC.  You need these guys to acquire the necessary talent to make the teams successful without involving the coaches.  They keep the coaches from getting in trouble and aid players when they can to cover up small issues like being arrested for DUI and carrying an unregistered firearm.    Teams that have weak or no booster clubs are the ones that have no chance to win NCs.  They would be the ones outside of the top 20-30 in recruiting. Bitcoin and crypto money has made it so easy for them to send incentives to players' families with little chance of tracing it. Pretty clear that UG has upped their payroll, and would expect to see UT following suit, as well.  They learned from the master.

?

Seriously though, do we have something similar? I mean, we've won a NC this decade, after all.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

?

Seriously though, do we have something similar? I mean, we've won a NC this decade, after all.

I would imagine we do.  It is clear to other fan bases that we acquire players by paying. (see Cam Newton) I don’t think the coaches want to know about any of that business. They need to be able to use the Sgt. Schultz defense to compliance and NCAA to keep their very high paying jobs.

Archived