Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

Beadle is gone. Supposedly this move had been headed this way for a while now. But then again, I’m sure their PR firm is better than Meyer’s.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2018/08/24/michelle-beadle-off-get-up-nba-countdown-returning-to-la/111259542/

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2018 at 1:17 PM, Mike4AU said:

I’m curious as to how one registers a firearm in Alabama. 

You can’t in Alabama. But for the states where you can, I wouldn’t recommend it.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, aujeff11 said:

Beadle is gone. Supposedly this move had been headed this way for a while now. But then again, I’m sure their PR firm is better than Meyer’s.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2018/08/24/michelle-beadle-off-get-up-nba-countdown-returning-to-la/111259542/

HA! So, she was already in transition and off the show and must've felt at liberty to voice her opinion. 

thedailybeast.com

Urban Meyer Gave Assistant Zach Smith a Raise After Abuse Claims

Ohio State University Head Football Coach Urban Meyer gave Zach Smith a flattering performance review that led to a massive raise despite the longtime assistant coach being under police investigation for domestic violence. The revelation came out Tuesday when Ohio State released new documents detailing its investigation into the domestic-violence scandal. Meyer was hit with a three-game suspension last week for failing to inform the university of the police investigation into allegations Smith abused his ex-wife. University documents show Meyer gave Smith a performance review of four out of five for his adherence to the university’s “core values” for the period from June 2015 to June 2016. That evaluation led to Smith’s salary climbing 55 percent the next year. Smith also reportedly received the high marks after a stint at a substance-abuse rehabilitation facility, where he reportedly only stayed for four days before leaving.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
thedailybeast.com

Urban Meyer Gave Assistant Zach Smith a Raise After Abuse Claims

Ohio State University Head Football Coach Urban Meyer gave Zach Smith a flattering performance review that led to a massive raise despite the longtime assistant coach being under police investigation for domestic violence. The revelation came out Tuesday when Ohio State released new documents detailing its investigation into the domestic-violence scandal. Meyer was hit with a three-game suspension last week for failing to inform the university of the police investigation into allegations Smith abused his ex-wife. University documents show Meyer gave Smith a performance review of four out of five for his adherence to the university’s “core values” for the period from June 2015 to June 2016. That evaluation led to Smith’s salary climbing 55 percent the next year. Smith also reportedly received the high marks after a stint at a substance-abuse rehabilitation facility, where he reportedly only stayed for four days before leaving.

The more that comes out the worse OSU will look.

Just now, bigbird said:

i have never liked them since we played them back in dye's era. at all. not even a little bit. was it stacy danley they hit and were celebrating about only for stacy and auburn to spank their behinds?

Been listening to Chris Landry (landryfootball.com) podcast and he claims to have direct contact with current and former assisitants of tOSU that have given him info on how that program is ran. The things he's alluding to on his podcast should have gotten Meyers fired and probably will within the year. Not everyone is finished talking.

30 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I've never really cared about OSU one way or another, but I can't stand Urban Myer. 

they disrespected auburn back in the day..........osu is not your friend.

My brother is a tOSU grad so, I don't mind tOSU and generally want them to do well, except while Urban is HC there.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's fun to watch. 

There is going to be more stuff coming out. I would not be shocked if Urban does not make it to the end of the season. OSU has really screwed this royally 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The dirty underbelly of athletics gets pealed back layer by layer like an onion.   Couldn't happen to a better guy, the arrogant old cry baby.

I was thinking this should read 'Ohio State' gave Smith a raise as I imagine the AD had to sign off on it. And maybe HR also. But then I realized it was likely rubber stamped all way through the process.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they disrespected auburn back in the day..........osu is not your friend.

We won our 1957 NC while on probation.  tOSU won the UPI and we won the AP.  Woody Hayes  talked down on us.  They are very snobbish.  All the trouble they get from this couldn't happen to a finer bunch.

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

There is going to be more stuff coming out. I would not be shocked if Urban does not make it to the end of the season. OSU has really screwed this royally 

From CBS sports. Dennis Dodd: Meyer won't make it through the season. The report -- and what it didn't say -- left more questions than answers. The scandal that rocked Ohio State football isn't over.   Also this: Ohio Stateconfirmed to multiple outlets, including the Columbus Dispatch and ESPN, that Texas coach and former Buckeyes offensive coordinator Tom Herman was with OSU wide receivers coach Zach Smith in 2014 at a trip to a strip club in Florida that was apparently attended by high school football coaches.

Archived