Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

My gosh.....he could have gotten a bigger penalty than that for smoking weed.     Ohio State admin knows what is important....FOOTBALL....

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

OSU is the bama of the so called big ten, SMH!!

Almost posted the same thing.

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

So what's the cop say when you get pulled over and he finds a firearm under your seat?  I'm sure it varies by state, but I'd guess you'd need a concealed carry permit in some places.  Firearm registration, assault rifle, automatic rifle, etc. are some very misunderstood terms in the general public for sure.

EDIT: Almost forgot; screw Urban Cryer.

If you’re purchasing a new firearm, don’t register it! If you’re purchasing a used firearm, just be sure it has never been stolen, then don’t register it. If it’s a stolen firearm, don’t purchase it.

3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Looks like Urban could punch a Clemson linebacker after an interception and keep his job

That incident got so much airtime and we didn't even have ESPN then. That was crazy. 

OSU skewered in the national media today....and expect they don't really care very much.....still have their man....

Sitting out three games....two of which the buckeyes will be 3 TD or more favorites so no risk there......TCU game is #3 I guess.....might be a challenge though I did not notice that he was not allowed to coach practices and set up game plan.  Now that might make a difference but is unlikely. 

PS...just noticed he will be permitted to coach prep for games 2 and 3....just will miss the games.....and the paycheck for those games. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

OSU skewered in the national media today....and expect they don't really care very much.....still have their man....

Sitting out three games....two of which the buckeyes will be 3 TD or more favorites so no risk there......TCU game is #3 I guess.....might be a challenge though I did not notice that he was not allowed to coach practices and set up game plan.  Now that might make a difference but is unlikely. 

PS...just noticed he will be permitted to coach prep for games 2 and 3....just will miss the games.....and the paycheck for those games. 

Maybe they’ll take his paycheck for those games and donate it to a local battered women’s shelter. The amount would probably keep it funded for quite awhile.

47 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Maybe they’ll take his paycheck for those games and donate it to a local battered women’s shelter. The amount would probably keep it funded for quite awhile.

something like $340K....

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

something like $340K....

I’m not sure how it’s broken down, but I saw an article saying he got a raise in April to $7.6 million. Divided over a 13 game season is over $584,615 and for three games would be $1,753,846.

The $7.6 million probably includes incentives and bonuses, etc. Have you found his base salary? $340k still isn’t too shabby....

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m not sure how it’s broken down, but I saw an article saying he got a raise in April to $7.6 million. Divided over a 13 game season is over $584,615 and for three games would be $1,753,846.

The $7.6 million probably includes incentives and bonuses, etc. Have you found his base salary? $340k still isn’t too shabby....

Saw that quoted in an article for the time he was suspended......and is based on weekly pay rate not his per game pay rate.   See the AD got hit also. ot 

The thing I find most upsetting is when he was asked if he had anything to say to Courtney Smith.  He replied with “for all that are involved, I’m sorry for being in this situation.”  Neither UM or OSU even acknowledged Courtney Smith.  Disgusting...

This was not even a slap on the wrist. Not even a tap on the wrist. He doesn't lose a dime of his $7+ million income. He continues to coach every day. He just does not make an appearance on the sidelines for 3 creampuff games. tOSU trustees have basically said "enabling and supporting domestic violence is okay, but publicly admitting it to the national media gets you a fake punishment."

10 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I’m curious as to how one registers a firearm in Alabama. 

You can't. But you know that, of course. :)

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Michelle Beadle, an ESPN host on Get Up  comes with the boom on the ruling. She’s done watching CFB and the NFL. So Sad...

https://sports.yahoo.com/espns-michelle-beadle-says-doesnt-watch-nfl-college-football-165955596.html

For an ESPN host to say she doesn't watch football any more is, at best, weird. Nice find though.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Michelle Beadle, an ESPN host on Get Up  comes with the boom on the ruling. She’s done watching CFB and the NFL. So Sad...

https://sports.yahoo.com/espns-michelle-beadle-says-doesnt-watch-nfl-college-football-165955596.html

She works for ESPN and hosts a show with football analysts from CFB & NFL -yet she's done watching the very sport that she will have to discuss in depth on the show?  :dead:

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

She works for ESPN and hosts a show with football analysts from CFB & NFL -yet she's done watching the very sport that she will have to discuss in depth on the show?  :dead:

She’s never been extremely football savvy anyway. She only steers tbe conversation and makes broad comments. But still, it’s not a good look for a show with already horrible ratings. 

32 minutes ago, keesler said:

She has a flair for the dramatics if you know her history. Unfortunately for me she is a fellow spurs fan, so I have seen how she reacts to things she is disagreeable on. Lately she really has been out there though. First with Kawhi and now this. Lord knows tOSU is foolish for their ruling but to condemn the sport in its entirety, especially when it is your job to cover such topics ? Come on.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

She’s never been extremely football savvy anyway. She only steers tbe conversation and makes broad comments. But still, it’s not a good look for a show with already horrible ratings. 

I watch the hell out of CFB/NFL ball - I've never tuned in to her show, and even with the huge influx of football "analysts" on the docket for this season, I still don't see myself tuning in.  ESPN can't be too pleased with their host making an announcement like this public - any credibility she had was thrown out the door with that statement.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I watch the hell out of CFB/NFL ball - I've never tuned in to her show, and even with the huge influx of football "analysts" on the docket for this season, I still don't see myself tuning in.  

Same

1 hour ago, keesler said:

ESPN can't be too pleased with their host making an announcement like this public - any credibility she had was thrown out the door with that statement.

True but when it comes to ESPN (Every Sport Purposefully Narrated,) I’m sure her punishment will be manageable

Just now, McLoofus said:

Great post but I had to go with sad emoji. I know you understand. 

Yes, I certainly do.

Archived