Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

LOIC is a term of art. Doubt there are any actionable NCAA violations here, so no.

The Title IX bomb alone is terrifying enough. 

BINGO!

AU folks know first hand how Title IX issues can bomb a career......Jay Jacobs/Clint Meyer are not longer employed at AU.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good opportunity for lane kiffin............

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

LOL...Who knows, with that crowd in Columbus, they may be in talks with him right now.

Just now, AU-24 said:

LOL...Who knows, with that crowd in Columbus, they may be in talks with him right now.

i am sure it would be next year if a coaching change. too close to the seasons start.................

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am sure it would be next year if a coaching change. too close to the seasons start.................

You think they just keep the interim coach until next year?

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

You think they just keep the interim coach until next year?

yes i think so

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Urban Meyer seems like the type of dude to accidentally kill your dog, throw it in a supermarket dumpster, then volunteer to help you look for it.

Such a spot-on analogy!!

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

That might be from frying pan into the fire....

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That might be from frying pan into the fire....

i agree but if urbie goes i bet his name makes the list.

Interesting point on the radio.

tOSU interim head coach Ryan Day has no head coach experience and is not the OC or DC, he is a position coach!

Yet on the staff is, DC Greg Schiano has been a HC in College and the NFL, BUT his butt is connected to the Penn St. fiasco and in the NFL he was accused of leaking players drug test results.

Also on staff is the OC Kevin Wilson, who also has been a college HC, at Indiana, where he got into trouble for treatment of his players when injured, or actually the lack of treatment and resigned under pressure from the AD.

Now according to Urban he thoroughly vetted each one of these coaches personally. Which is what I am sure he did with Zack Smith.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/02/bob-evans-restaurants-ends-partnership-urban-meyer/890811002/

The Ohio-based chain Bob Evans Restaurants has suspended its short-lived partnership with Urban Meyer and removed all references to the embattled Ohio State coach from its website just days after announcing an endorsement deal that called the Meyer the chain’s “head breakfast coach.”

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/02/bob-evans-restaurants-ends-partnership-urban-meyer/890811002/

The Ohio-based chain Bob Evans Restaurants has suspended its short-lived partnership with Urban Meyer and removed all references to the embattled Ohio State coach from its website just days after announcing an endorsement deal that called the Meyer the chain’s “head breakfast coach.”

and it begins.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Time for Urban to go coach JUCO in Kansas and change his name to Rural Meyer

A bit OT, but surely there's an opportunity out there for the truly penitent.

"Art Briles has agreed to become the coach of an American football team in Italy and says he still has not been given a definitive reason why he was fired by Baylor University.

Guelfi Firenze American Football team, located in Florence, Italy, has hired Briles to coach its adult league team beginning in the fall."

Exclusive: Art Briles gets another coaching job, says he feels betrayed by Baylor,  https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article215966180.html#storylink=cpy

59 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

A bit OT, but surely there's an opportunity out there for the truly penitent.

"Art Briles has agreed to become the coach of an American football team in Italy and says he still has not been given a definitive reason why he was fired by Baylor University.

Guelfi Firenze American Football team, located in Florence, Italy, has hired Briles to coach its adult league team beginning in the fall."

Exclusive: Art Briles gets another coaching job, says he feels betrayed by Baylor,  https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article215966180.html#storylink=cpy

I don't know why he could't even get an NFL offensive job in the last 2 yrs?  Does no on in the states want to use his services?

I mean ITALY - WTH?

Coach urban Meyer deserves whatever he gets if found out he lied. CUM, and the coaches that also new should go be on coaching staff in Italy with Briles!

No way Meyers didnt know in my opinion.....Gene Chizik's comments on the subject pretty spot on earlier on CFB Live.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

No way Meyers didnt know in my opinion.....Gene Chizik's comments on the subject pretty spot on earlier on CFB Live.

What did Chiz have to say?

Anybody see this? Plenty enough of evidence to call Meyer a prick if you hadn’t already had it.

One of my fav scenes is when a player says he and another guy were freshly signed and just got on campus. Urb walks past the guy telling the story and says “What’s up x”( player’s name was Xavier) and then continues walking without saying anything to the other signed player. Then, Urb turns around after walking ten paces and says, “damn, who the f*** recruited you?” to tbe other player. LMAO

11 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

What did Chiz have to say?

Basically stating how small the coaching circle is and that the amount of information it would be impossible not have something that serious never be presented to Meyer.

5 hours ago, keesler said:

BINGO!

AU folks know first hand how Title IX issues can bomb a career......Jay Jacobs/Clint Meyer are not longer employed at AU.

Just curious but far as I know,  the wife was not a student and in this case at least,  no student was involved.   Best I know, Title IX does not apply to the entire world. 

So how does this type of thing become an issue of Federal Law ?. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just curious but far as I know,  the wife was not a student and in this case at least,  no student was involved.   Best I know, Title IX does not apply to the entire world. 

So how does this type of thing become an issue of Federal Law ?. 

I was wondering the same thing.  I think it may apply because Zach Smith was an employee of OSU.

Archived