Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

This. How can she, as a nurse, not have let Meyer know, that hey, Urban, Smith is up to it again. Considering Smith's history of abusing his wife.

That's just it - we (the public) don't know if Shelley Meyer told her husband, or even if she reported the allegations (with text messages/photos) to the proper officials at OSU.  We don't know if she or Urban followed protocol and reported the allegations to OSU. All we know is what an unemployed journalist/reporter gathered and chose to publish on his personal Facebook account.  

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, keesler said:

That's just it - we (the public) don't know if Shelley Meyer told her husband, or even if she reported the allegations (with text messages/photos) to the proper officials at OSU.  We don't know if she or Urban followed protocol and reported the allegations to OSU. All we know is what an unemployed journalist/reporter gathered and chose to publish on his personal Facebook account.  

There are several possible scenarios and I guess it will come out.  One is that the relationship of Ms Urban and the abused wife could have been personal and not professional and more than one abused wife has avoided pressing an issue or pressing charges because she did not want her husband fired .

He said he reported it to OSU in 2015. That's huge if true and shifts a lot of the burden to the school. Of course, Urban still has no excuse for lying to the media like he did and keeping a wife beater on staff.

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He said he reported it to OSU in 2015. That's huge if true and shifts a lot of the burden to the school. Of course, Urban still has no excuse for lying to the media like he did and keeping a wife beater on staff.

Cogent

59 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Zach Smith interview on ESPN. Now and at 10 p.m. I think.

Yep. He's stating he has never hit his wife.  One news outlet has claimed she has called the cops over 6 times.  This is crazy and I'm interested to see what comes out in the investigation. 

He also was talking about an incident in 2009. Either this dude is a habitual abuser or his wife vindictive. In the interview his eye contact doesn't look good imo but again...i'm curious to know what the investigation will show. Seems like something was going on b/c there seems to be a pattern of dysfunction in their marriage. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He also was talking about an incident in 2009. Either this dude is a habitual abuser or his wife vindictive. In the interview his eye contact doesn't look good imo but again...i'm curious to know what the investigation will show. Seems like something was going on b/c there seems to be a pattern of dysfunction in their marriage. 

Agree interview not a good look for him imo.

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Yep. He's stating he has never hit his wife.  One news outlet has claimed she has called the cops over 6 times.  This is crazy and I'm interested to see what comes out in the investigation. 

Right. He is saying that but what is he not admitting to. Admission by omission.

He is not saying he has not abused her. Only he has not hit her.

And now, Meyer is admitting he knew about the 2015 situations but supposedly reported them to OSU?! Now it seems like he is negotiating in public for part of his $40 Million instead of having to leave "with cause" and Zero Millions.

6 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

DjtNiSlXsAEp9WN.jpg:large

could be fake but this is what Brett McMurphy claims she sent him. 

I cringed through the whole interview on SC. Lawd that was hard to watch. 

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

I cringed through the whole interview on SC. Lawd that was hard to watch. 

Yeah. It didn't look good. Trying to hold my thoughts until more comes out but it's not looking good for Zach or Urban. 

Eleven Warriors is INSANITY right now. Cannot believe that humans are writing those things on keyboards. The level of blindness and groupthink to protect an abuse enabler that they view as a deity is beyond explanation.

19 hours ago, alexava said:

Yes. I understand. My theory is just that. I can’t actually argue it except I know couples who carried this s*** on for over 20 years. 

The only two pictures I saw showed redness and whelps on the neck and arm. Possibly a pretense to domestic murder, but I have seen much worse that was totally self inflicted. 

Your theory might make sense except for one thing:  Urban Meyer fired Zach Smith, and the firing was apparently related to the spousal abuse allegations.  

So let me get this straight: At little ten media days UM claimed he just found out about the 2015 abuse and fired him.

Then in his letter, he says he knew in 2015 and reported it? So he knew in 2015 Zach was a repeated domestic abuser, and he kept him on staff? And the Ohio State athletic department new, because UM claims he reported it and they did nothing? But as soon as it went public, they decide to immediately fire him?

Obviously it’s time for the little ten and the NCAA to step in and do something. This is beyond ridiculous.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24277713/urban-meyer-says-failed-media-day-dealing-zach-smith

Smith was asked why he thought Meyer didn't admit he knew about the 2015 incident during media day.

"I don't know what he was thinking," Smith said. "Not really. He knows everything that has gone on in my marriage that he needed to know."

I guess when all else fails and it looks like your a souless D-bag, throw your employer under the bus and when dust settles, expect them to welcome you back with open arms and a knee groveling huge apology.

or 

In this case, set your self up to walk away with the rest of you contract $$ and claim you did everything by the book and your morals are intact.

Life is funny how some people can step in it time after time and keep coming out smelling like roses.

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24277713/urban-meyer-says-failed-media-day-dealing-zach-smith

Smith was asked why he thought Meyer didn't admit he knew about the 2015 incident during media day.

"I don't know what he was thinking," Smith said. "Not really. He knows everything that has gone on in my marriage that he needed to know."

As long as Smith and Meyer have been together I would find it hard to believe there wasnt anything Meyer didnt know about Smith......from abuse to infidelity......guy talk, wife talk, other coaches going to their boss to report things they heard or seen imo.

29 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I guess when all else fails and it looks like your a souless D-bag, throw your employer under the bus and when dust settles, expect them to welcome you back with open arms and a knee groveling huge apology.

or 

In this case, set your self up to walk away with the rest of you contract $$ and claim you did everything by the book and your morals are intact.

Life is funny how some people can step in it time after time and keep coming out smelling like roses.

There is eventually a price to pay it just may not happen right away!

Archived