Fire Gus (merged threads)

AuburnTiger4Life

22 minutes ago, gravejd said:

If he doesn't get fired there is a chance we can break ground on the new facilities this year and get that ball rolling. If we have to pay Malzahn, all his assistants, and a new coach i highly doubt we break ground on new facilities. 

Also, if we change coaches we basically blow up this years recruiting class anyway. So thats probably a wash either way.

Finally, there is no guarantee the next coach will be successful. So its not like its not like we fire Malzahn and are guaranteed to be better. I'm not saying avoid change because you are afraid of it being worse on the other end. I'm saying its not a black and white decision. There are a lot of factors here and that is why our AD makes the call and not a bunch of pissed of fans

pissed of fan = me and you

I agree. If you are going to fire a coach 1 year into a contract and pay that much money, you better have a very good coach to take his place. Like an Elite coach - one who is not afraid to take on the toughest job in college football. Auburn really is the toughest job in college football. 

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

With our brutal schedule next year and a new Qb (I assume stid is gone no matter what) it is going to be tough for any coach. 

It’s not like we have our future QBs being prepared this season either. Kinda weird how he does things.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s not like we have our future QBs being prepared this season either. Kinda weird how he does things.

Yep. I just figured we would trot out a new freshman to start the season. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. I just figured we would trot out a new freshman to start the season. 

He’s got balls of steel if that’s his master plan. 😂

Auburn could go down the road to Bham and get a coach that is doing things people said would take years.  A coach who has revived a dead program to a #1 team.  A coach who set records at the division 2 level at a top level school over in Jacksonville.  A coach who dominated in high school football in Alabama so he knows the ropes.  A coach you don’t have to pay 3,4,5,6 or 7 million.  Just saying.  Justin Fuente is kewl too.  

I know there’s another thread for coach hires so sorry for derailing 

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn could go down the road to Bham and get a coach that is doing things people said would take years.  A coach who has revived a dead program to a #1 team.  A coach who set records at the division 2 level at a top level school over in Jacksonville.  A coach who dominated in high school football in Alabama so he knows the ropes.  A coach you don’t have to pay 3,4,5,6 or 7 million.  Just saying.  Justin Fuente is kewl too.  

I know there’s another thread for coach hires so sorry for derailing 

He needs to be on the list for sure.

Look I'm no more happy than the rest of you with how this season is going but we need to be patient. Gus hasnt been a head coach long enough to know if he will be great. If you looked at Sabans record after his first 6 seasons you wouldn't have thought there was anything special about him. Sabans record for his first 6 seasons was 34-24, the first 6 for Gus his record was 45-22. It really seems like seasons 7-10 was when average Nick Saban transformed into elite Nick Saban, and he didnt have to face Nick Saban every season while trying to do it. I think Gus deserves a little more patience.......but not much. lol War Eagle!

I wondered when the last of the sunshine brigade would appear :D

Gus Malzahn: By The Numbers

As of Saturday, October 13th, 2018, Gus Malzahn is:

• 2-3 vs. Alabama [1]
  • 2-4 vs. Georgia [2, 8]
  • 2-4 vs. LSU [3, 4, 10]
  • 1-4 in bowl games [5, 6]
  • 0-3 in bowl games vs. Power-5 teams
  • 0-7 in Baton Rouge, Athens and Tuscaloosa
  • 26-18 vs. SEC opponents
  • 10-9 vs. SEC opponents on the road
  • 4-5 vs. non-conference Power-5 teams
  • 2 NY6 bowl appearances (0-2 in them) [7, 9]
  • 1st loss to a non-Power 5 team in 27 years [9]
  • 1st loss to Tennessee in 19 years (20 years at home) [12]
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • 0 National titles

Yeah.  Maybe Gus just needs a bit more hand-holding.  A little more time.  A little more Waffle House.  And a little more money...   

Just now, OnthePlains said:

He’s right, lets just give him another 7 years or so. I’m sure he will have it figured out by then.  

That's already the plan.

31 minutes ago, AUwarrior said:

when average Nick Saban transformed into elite Nick Saban

I think we have already seen all the "Eliteness" that ole Gustav has to offer!

Just now, Tiger said:

Well at least I used a dislike for the first time

I like your dislike.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Well at least I used a dislike for the first time

Does the dislike actually take away your reaction points? Really we need a like and dislike counter  haha . That way you can notice as soon as someone post how quality the content usually is 

It is NOT about his overall W-L record. It IS about his lack of preparedness and consistency in the wins and losses. It is about his misuse of some pretty good talent. It's about a failure to change anything about his failures to avoid a repeat. It's about Gus, not Nick. 

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does the dislike actually take away your reaction points? Really we need a like and dislike counter  haha . That way you can notice as soon as someone post how quality the content usually is 

That's a good question and a good point. 

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

How can I say this nicely? It is NOT about his overall W-L record. It IS about his lack of preparedness and consistency in the wins and losses. It is about his misuse of some pretty good talent. It's about a failure to change anything about his failures to avoid a repeat. It's about Gus, not Nick. 

True.

Saavy football fans are able to distinguish if a win is a good win or a sign of trouble to come.  This year is a perfect example.  Sure they beat Arky & USM but the offense looked like trash doing it....and now it's PREDICTABLY dragging the defense down with it.

Note: ...and this has become his yearly pattern.

Archived