Fire Gus (merged threads)

AuburnTiger4Life

19 minutes ago, WarEagleSteve said:

James Franklin a. isn't leaving Penn State and b. has lost at least one conference game a year to a team that has no business being on the field with Penn State (2016 Pitt, 2017-2018 Michigan State). We'd just be trading one frustrating coach for another. 

True on your point b. But I can live with one conference loss a year. We can go somewhere with that. Three on other hand...

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WarEagleSteve
6 minutes ago, reddevil9335 said:

True on your point b. But I can live with one conference loss a year. We can go somewhere with that. Three on other hand...

Franklin's lost at least two conference games a year since he's been at Penn State except one and that year they got absolutely boat-raced by Michigan. I was mainly referring to his tendency to lose to teams he shouldn't fairly consistently in a less competitive conference. 

16 minutes ago, WarEagleSteve said:

Franklin's lost at least two conference games a year since he's been at Penn State except one and that year they got absolutely boat-raced by Michigan. I was mainly referring to his tendency to lose to teams he shouldn't fairly consistently in a less competitive conference. 

Every coach has positives and negatives. It was just my two cents. Agree to disagree😁

No coach is perfect. They all make mistakes. The difference is the type of mistakes our guy makes are above and beyond what is acceptable, all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

No coach is perfect. They all make mistakes. The difference is the type of mistakes our guy makes are above and beyond what is acceptable, all things considered. 

And he doesn't seem to learn from them

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus called you heathens out for wanting divisiveness. 

SMH

Dont attack the messenger.

Huh?

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

SMH

Isn't that what heathens do is attack? guess i'm  a heathen.....🙄

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

SMH

We DON'T want divisiveness. 

That's why we want Gus gone.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

We DON'T want divisiveness. 

That's why we want Gus gone.

I’m just messing with yall. I really will when we beat TaM and y’all want Gus to get another extension. 😂

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’m just messing with yall. I really will when we beat TaM and y’all want Gus to get another extension. 😂

AH... got me.

I, for one, have been very vocal about how I've given him the benefit of the doubt each of the last 3-4 years, only to be disappointed each time.  He could win out (BWAHAHAHA!!!!! ....not really....) But, if this were a Disney movie and he won out.... I still want him gone.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

But, if this were a Disney movie and he won out.... I still want him gone.

With each win that Gus gets, the more the buyout becomes an obstacle imo. If we win 8 games, are we really going to buyout the coach? As much as I’m tired of 8 wins being the norm, I just don’t see it.  

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

With each win that Gus gets, the more the buyout becomes an obstacle imo. If we win 8 games, are we really going to buyout the coach? As much as I’m tired of 8 wins being the norm, I just don’t see it.  

I agree with you. If he WERE to win out then no, they would not fire him.  I just, personally, am SO disappointed in him and that he's made me feel like a zombie on college game days.  I truthfully was very blase' the whole game and couldn't help it.  It's a weird feeling.... Sorta like when I gave up on MLB after the strike season where they actually cancelled the World Series... haven't really followed my Braves since.

Now, unlike that, I'll be re-energized when he is gone but he's already fooled me enough.

As I have said before, I was not athe all excited  when I heard Gus was hired. But I thought I would give him a chance, just like I did with Chiz. 

His first year was a good one and could have been a great one. Last year, I, like so many on this board thought Gus had turned the corner. Oh, how wrong I was.

It seemed Gus giving the refs an ear full and It pumped life into this team. Now, for the 64 thousand dollars question...did he learn anything from it?

Tune in next week to find out. :campfire:

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

As I have said before, I was not athe all excited  when I heard Gus was hired. But I thought I would give him a chance, just like I did with Chiz. 

His first year was a good one and could have been a great one. Last year, I, like so many on this board thought Gus had turned the corner. Oh, how wrong I was.

It seemed Gus giving the refs an ear full and It pumped life into this team. Now, for the 64 thousand dollars question...did he learn anything from it?

Tune in next week to find out. :campfire:

We should be able to get an easy victory against the Bye.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree with you. If he WERE to win out then no, they would not fire him.  I just, personally, am SO disappointed in him and that he's made me feel like a zombie on college game days.  I truthfully was very blase' the whole game and couldn't help it.  It's a weird feeling.... Sorta like when I gave up on MLB after the strike season where they actually cancelled the World Series... haven't really followed my Braves since.

Now, unlike that, I'll be re-energized when he is gone but he's already fooled me enough.

To me Gus running the table is possible but not probable

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I agree and that’s also when pro baseball lost me.

34 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

To me Gus running the table is possible but not probable

That's a very true statement.  Can't argue with it.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:11 AM, Auburn Kev said:

Malzahn does not have a mitigation clause in his contract. He gets paid 100% of his buyout regardless of future earnings.

If so, this just cements this contract as the worse ever made regarding Auburn athletics.

Archived