Ole Miss Post Game Thread

PigskinPat

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We were also a top 10 team which we obviously aren’t.  We’re a decent team that if the offense executes we can win games if we don’t then we need special teams or defense to make some big plays to be in games

But it’s expectations that influence motivation, not reality. At that point, we beat a top rated Washington team, and the expectations for the team were really high both by the fans and by the media. At that point, Ed Orgeron was on the hot seat and most people thought he wouldn’t last the year. 

A few analysts were expecting “tighter than expected,” but no decent analyst legitimately thought we’d lose.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got fans asking who on our offensive line can start for Kentucky. And flat out serious .This is where we are folks. From top ten to who can start for Kentucky . Gracious.

Dude, it is an opinion and one you cannot refute. And we were never top 10. Maybe on some poll you read, but realistically? Never.

Just now, AUFriction said:

But it’s expectations that influence motivation, not reality. At that point, we beat a top rated Washington team, and the expectations for the team were really high both by the fans and by the media. At that point, Ed Orgeron was on the hot seat and most people thought he wouldn’t last the year. 

That’s why I hate polls and wish championships were won on the field not by opinion 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Dude, it is an opinion and one you cannot refute. And we were never top 10. Maybe on some poll you read, but realistically? Never.

So we were ranked in the top ten? Got it. Fact not an opinion.  We know you have opinions. You haven’t been bringing much facts to the table.

Just now, DAG said:

So we were ranked in the top ten? Got it. Fact not an opinion.  We know you have opinions. You haven’t been bringing much facts to the table.

Don't be dense.

Just now, DAG said:

I corrected you and now I am dense ? Lol

wait. That’s you haha

No, you didn't correct me. You misread and thought you did, but NO! Sorry bro. Wake earlier tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Don't be dense.

I am SICK of this "we knew that we weren't going to be really that good, so we shouldn't get angry" attitude so many Auburn fans have. I can understand in the first couple of years but this is Gus's sixth year. And it's the THIRD time we've started in the top 10 and finished outside the top 20--two of which we will finish unranked.

25 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

My Dad went to TAMU so I have always been a fan. I hated that they hired Jimbo because I loathe him. But I still want TAMU to do well. They have had to contend with Texas in the same way AU has had to deal with bammer. It would be nice to see them prosper....when not playing Auburn of course.

Agree on all points. I wanted my son at AU, but if not there TAMU is a great choice. I know this, he wants to live in Texas and that Aggie network is real. They take care of their own. But make no mistake, the AU banner flies in my home, and it will be all War Eagle 🦅 in two weeks. 

Just now, AUwent said:

I am SICK of this "we knew that we weren't going to be really that good, so we shouldn't get angry" attitude so many Auburn fans have. I can understand in the first couple of years but this is Gus's sixth year. And it's the THIRD time we've started in the top 10 and finished outside the top 20--two of which we will finish unranked.

You don’t know where we will finish ranked.  

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/6/year/2018/seasontype/2

Facts.  Can’t be refuted. Even if you like to believe it. Even if you really wish to not think it.

Just now, corchjay said:

You don’t know where we will finish ranked.  

Are you really suggesting we finish in the top 25? Would be nice I guess, but it ain't happening. We would have to beat both Aggies and Leg Humpers.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And if you thought our OL was gonna be Top 10ish you don’t know football.  The optimist fans hoped bringing in a good technical coach like J.B. might speed up the process but it hasn’t/didn’t.  

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

In all honesty I picked us to finish 8-4 this year. Don't think we'll get there. You?

I don't give a rats a$$ where some preseason, early season poll places us. We clearly are NOT top 10 level. No clue where you guys get your info or what you are seeing?

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are you really suggesting we finish in the top 25? Would be nice I guess, but it ain't happening. We would have to beat both Aggies and Leg Humpers.

I’m saying at this point we have a shot to win every game except Bama.  We do that we are in the top 25 easily

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

In all honesty I picked us to finish 8-4 this year. Don't think we'll get there. You?

I don't give a rats a$$ where some preseason, early season poll places us. We clearly are NOT top 10 level. No clue where you guys get your info or what you are seeing?

I picked 10-2 but thought the OL would improve quicker and Stidham would play much much better

I did say we might go 9-3 if we lost to UT... 

people called me crazy lol

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/6/year/2018/seasontype/2

Facts.  Can’t be refuted. Even if you like to believe it. Even if you really wish to not think it.

Good grief. You are dense. I clearly stated "Maybe on some poll you read, but realistically? Never."  I think we'll be lucky to land in the top 50 at years end. You? Oh top 10. LOL.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m saying at this point we have a shot to win every game except Bama.  We do that we are in the top 25 easily

Believe in miracles. They happen every day! Word.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I picked 10-2 but thought the OL would improve quicker and Stidham would play much much better

You weren't alone in those picks nor thoughts. I wish that would have transpired. Just never saw it happening personally.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good grief. You are dense. I clearly stated "Maybe on some poll you read, but realistically? Never."  I think we'll be lucky to land in the top 50 at years end. You? Oh top 10. LOL.

This guy is so mad hahaha 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

You weren't alone in those picks nor thoughts. I wish that would have transpired. Just never saw it happening personally.

And that's my point. I'm tired of making excuses because we "should've known our expectations were too high."

Just now, AUwent said:

And that's my point. I'm tired of making excuses because we "should've known our expectations were too high."

Bro we don’t got guys who can start at Kentucky . This guy knew he predicted 8-4. Yet even that looks bleak!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This guy is so mad hahaha 

LOL why? 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

No one is banging that drum.  The off-season is for grand dreams.  We have underperformed but in no way should we fire our coach.  Should we make some changes absolutely but ditching the staff no frickin way.  

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My prediction of 8-4 was not an excuse. It was based primarily on a new oline and in the SEC games are won and lost in the trenches. 

Archived