Gus on CBS

weathergeakal

45 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He’s not a tv guy for sure. Super weird. 

I reckon the TV gig is out then...…..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was funny that he seemed to be excited when they brought up the FG at the end of half. Not sure if I heard him right, but I thought he said that UGA should be satisfied with a FG to end the half when they should’ve scored a TD. If so, typical Gus. 

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

hey biscuit...who makes the best biscuits?  I love Popeye Chicken's biscuits. Also, Bojangles has good biscuits. Cracker Barrel has decent ones as well. My great aunt, God rest her soul, made some cat head bisccuits to die for!

As I've mentioned in passing before, I don't eat biscuits on the regular.

Passthebiscuits is a reference to breakfast study sessions while I was in medical school and a parody of the "ptb" moniker for "powers-that-be" that often frequents discussion regarding Auburn sports. 

If I had to eat a biscuit, it would be from Red Lobster or Jim and Nicks. 

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

I see what you did there....

The king of boogers!

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

As I've mentioned in passing before, I don't eat biscuits on the regular.

Passthebiscuits is a reference to breakfast study sessions while I was in medical school and a parody of the "ptb" moniker for "powers-that-be" that often frequents discussion regarding Auburn sports. 

If I had to eat a biscuit, it would be from Red Lobster or Jim and Nicks. 

Now I don’t have to wonder 

4 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

I thought it was funny that he seemed to be excited when they brought up the FG at the end of half. Not sure if I heard him right, but I thought he said that UGA should be satisfied with a FG to end the half when they should’ve scored a TD. If so, typical Gus. 

I just wonder if he bothered to notice UGA's effective use of the TE just prior to the half.  

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

hey biscuit...who makes the best biscuits?  I love Popeye Chicken's biscuits. Also, Bojangles has good biscuits. Cracker Barrel has decent ones as well. My great aunt, God rest her soul, made some cat head bisccuits to die for!

The Biscuit King in Fairhope, AL. 

23 minutes ago, WDEagle said:

I just wonder if he bothered to notice UGA's effective use of the TE just prior to the half.  

"Note to self: Check rulebook for 'lineman pass eligibility'."

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:
16 hours ago, L I G E R said:

I hate him so much it’s unhealthy.

Out of likes, but ditto.

I don't hate the man but I hate the "coach" for sure.

I hate what he's made me feel (or lack of feeling) during football season.  The thought of him surviving this year and me actually going into next season uninspired and apathetic will be entirely new territory that I never would have expected.  Maybe the closest I can remember is going into (what turned out to be) Bowden's final season.  

With no Auburn football, yesterday was probably the most enjoyable football weekend I've had since going into week 3.  That sucks.

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

If I had to eat a biscuit, it would be from Red Lobster or Jim and Nicks

Excellent call, thinking outside the box!

Cheddar Bay biscuits.... Nice!

Growing up in GA we had a fast food chicken joint called Mrs. Winners.  Not sure if they still exist but they had an excellent country fried steak biscuit.  Also, when I travel to our Division HQ in Belmont, NC, that's the only Bojangles I've ever been to and they're quite good.

The best biscuits, however, are usually those southern, local, hole in the wall joints that only do breakfast.  Unfortunately, the SW Fla Gulf Coast is not really "the South".  Good seafood though LOL!

18 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I disagree. How is it good when most of the college football world knows that the majority of your fan base doesn’t want him to be the coach anymore? 

He is a complete joke and all the well run programs are probably laughing their asses off. It's beginning to turn circus like w this coach. He's a highschool clown coach. 

19 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He was recruiting at the Trussville game last night, on national television today. Heck, he's having a steak dinner with his wife tonight and then watching the A&M game, which makes him seem like an actual living breathing person instead of a robot. I have no issue with him today. 

He was at the Thompson / HT  Friday?  I must have gotten up to go to the frig.  All I saw on ESPN was the Tagovailoa family and Coach O.   Got real tired of the announcer mentioning Bammer with every other breath.  BTW, our wide receiver commit from HT was very impressive.  He adjusted well to off target throws and had a nice KO return. Hated to see him get hurt late in the game.

20 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t see a big deal with him doing this...why all the hate?

Not sure about the hate either but I just want the team to be prepared for A&M Saturday. The exposure this appearance brings the program would be great except for the losses that have been to beatable teams. If he wants to be taken seriously then he needs to get his own house in order before offering analysis on others. That's my gripe with it. I don't hate him though. I'm just a fan at this point who is tired of how things are going. 

It’s not about how him being at CBS impacts the team as I don’t believe it really changes anything. I more so think it’s about the perception. That being said, I don’t remember the last time any coach was an analyst for a mid season game. That’s the only odd thing that stuck out to me.

Archived