What a horrible place to be

cole256

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I have to Google the big words...I’m no PhD 

Bruh...didn’t you just say we should stop? I don’t agree with Corch as much lately, but I do agree there is a difference between stating your opinion, having a debate, and then just incessantly piling on someone. I get it’s all in good fun, but after a while it ceases to be harmless ribbing and morphs into tunnel vision attacks on the victim and annoying, one-sided banter for everyone else. We’ve had our fun. Let’s calmly and rationally debate the merits of one’s argument like proper Auburn folk and decent human beings. War Eagle

Ok subject change....we actually beat the line (the final one) yesterday. I had read that those betting against Auburn this year were making big bucks. Bet they thought they had another winner midway thru the 4th!! Bet they were ticked too! My attempt at deflection 😬

8 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Ok subject change....we actually beat the line (the final one) yesterday. I had read that those betting against Auburn this year were making big bucks. Bet they thought they had another winner midway thru the 4th!! Bet they were ticked too! My attempt at deflection 😬

Bingo on this 

4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I’m a sports psychologist, not a clinical psychologist. I don’t do therapy. I do research, and publish it in research journals. I also consult with teams and companies to improve motivation and morale.

... which is why I made my original point that you guys really don’t understand how human motivation works.

I certainly can tell you how not to motivate a human. You take a high school coach with his playbook written on a napkin and you guarantee him 30+ million dollars no matter if he wins or loses. That my friend is a recipe for making someone sit on their ass. Maybe you can lend your psychology expertise as to why our beloved administration thought that kind of raise/extension/contract was deserved.

8 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I believe they call that a “bad beat”... lots of ticked off folks I imagine.

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Not necessarily.  It depends on when they bet.  If someone got A&M +4.5 or better earlier in the week, they still won.

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Yeah, I think most people not playing thought the game was over. I know I did

PUHLEASE!!!   Maybe we should start giving away participation trophies...

I don’t think that expecting a 7$ Million per year coach to field a competitive team a rediculous expectation, but maybe I expect too much.  This team has definitely regressed, so any of criticism is warranted and well earned.  Anybody that has ever competed in athletics knows that there will be criticism at times and that it should all be taken with a grain of salt.  None of these players are new to this sport so if they can’t take the criticism, they need to seriously consider quitting.  After all, this is football!

I work for one of the largest public school systems in the nation where students now receive E’s instead of F’s and are allowed to walk the stage during graduation, even when they haven’t earned a diploma because no one should have their feelings hurt.  How about the feelings of the students that worked hard to earn those diplomas?  It’s extremely disrespectful to them.  IMO, this created way more problems than it solves. Where I come from, you get what you earn.  We’re raising a generation of Freakin Pansies!!!

4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Again. Gus is an above average coach, not a great coach. Did you read the whole post, or just look for something to criticize?

I saw the entire post. That doesn't change the fact that you used Gus having us go to a bowl game every year as a positive attribute. I simply stated he lost all but one of those goames... Including one of those major bowls you used in his defense without noting we totally backed into the Sugar and had no business being there.

Usually people try and pick a positive attribute defending ones position that can't be easily turned on itself.

A below average coach could turn in 8-5 records with the resources Auburn has. So I'm not really sure how his record of averaging almost 5 losses every season equates to Gus being above average. It all depends on what your baseline is, I guess... And for you to consider him above average, with what he has produced, your baseline coach must be very low level. You aren't basing that on any of the superstar coaches. I mean even with only losing 2 games year 1, he still averages around 5 Ls a season. Thats not above average.

But I'm not like those who pulled against us. I'm glad we won. I will never be upset about an Auburn win. 

17 minutes ago, gctiger said:

PUHLEASE!!!   Maybe we should start giving away participation trophies...

I don’t think that expecting a 7$ Million per year coach to field a competitive team a rediculous expectation, but maybe I expect too much.  This team has definitely regressed, so any of criticism is warranted and well earned.  Anybody that has ever competed in athletics knows that there will be criticism at times and that it should all be taken with a grain of salt.  None of these players are new to this sport so if they can’t take the criticism, they need to seriously consider quitting.  After all, this is football!

I work for one of the largest public school systems in the nation where students now receive E’s instead of F’s and are allowed to walk the stage during graduation, even when they haven’t earned a diploma because no one should have their feelings hurt.  How about the feelings of the students that worked hard to earn those diplomas?  It’s extremely disrespectful to them.  IMO, this created way more problems than it solves. Where I come from, you get what you earn.  We’re raising a generation of Freakin Pansies!!!

You are comparing an apple to an orange. Athletes are aware of criticism and most can handle it. Even after being booed JS recognized Auburn as the best fan base in football. He understands the passion of the fan base and wants to deliver every Saturday. I would believe the coaches do as well. As for the students no one should get an E, when they deserved an F. As for team regression, I think the team is just in a rebuilding mode. Auburn did not have the depth or experience to just reload like Bama, tOSU, or Clemson did. You wanna see regression look at Bobby P @ Louisville. The wheels fell off that thing quickly since Jackson left. They are getting waxed weekend and week out. 

For the record, the so-called "stern warning from a mod" was me sending OnthePlains a PM saying "Can you lay off the insults just for having a different opinion?"

Knock off the personal stuff, everyone.

Archived