What a horrible place to be

cole256

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

But it’s ok for you to lecture someone.  So if I was and I’m not lecturing how is it ok for you or anyone else to tell someone they should stop.  

I admit my faults.  As evidenced above but also made the comment we should all step back from the attacks on each other over a football game or football program.  There is only one person I’ll never get along with on this board.  Cole you and I are oil and water we will never agree on much and I can accept that and have tried to stay away from going after you.  Have reach out with info private for you lately to try to foster some good will.  A way of a “truce”.  But I’m ok with going back and forth it’s no big deal.  It’s fun and good banter.  

If I lecture somebody it was my argument, I'm not jumping in telling somebody something in other people business. You don't see me trying to talk as if I'm a mod. 

Yes you told me something that I had heard about. And just as easy as you did that you just tried to start an argument just now. But it's cool like I said I don't start anything but I'm good at finishing

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Why? Forgive me, but that seems really childish and pointless. I thought this was a place to talk about our beloved school, not act like children.

Oh well please do bring your expertise at child psychology into this. We are waiting with baited breath!

Just now, OnthePlains said:

So I sense there is tension amongst the fan base? 

Yea we got the thought police out in force getting kinda testy.

We’re not gonna accomplish anything here. I felt Friction was talking down to several of us. I came at him. He put himself in an awkward situation giving us his resume. I’m backing off. Corch, I wasn’t trying to offend but really look at how he was talking. Let’s just all take a breath. I’ve stoked the fires all day so I’m including myself in this calm down speech

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If I lecture somebody it was my argument, I'm not jumping in telling somebody something in other people business. You don't see me trying to talk as if I'm a mod. 

Yes you told me something that I had heard about. And just as easy as you did that you just tried to start an argument just now. But it's cool like I said I don't start anything but I'm good at finishing

How is calling for a truce trying to start an argument 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Guys come on. A mod is gonna have to step in. Let’s call it a draw here and move on. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Guys come on. A mod is gonna have to step in. Let’s call it a draw here and move on. 

What tha???

Civility?  C'mon man!!!

:hammerin: :boxing: :popcorn:

Yesterday's win still not enough to get AU in either of the two major polls, meaning barring a much improved performance in Athens, the next time AU will see a number by their name in football will be in July of next year...

ROI not good for year 1 of 7...may year 2 make up for it and then some.

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What are you talking about.  

This whole thread has gone haywire and the back and forth usually causes them to scold everyone and lock it down. I’m a lot to blame for the haywire thing so just trying to calm it down some. 

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That's not what I said but ok, you're confused. Let's leave it at that

32 minutes ago, meh130 said:

This is an odd place. It is like the 2010 Clemson game, where we won on a fluke.

There were positives. The team did not give up.

There were negatives. The OL continues to perform at a FCS level. Both Kaleb Kim and Nick Brahms are 4-star recruits. Neither has performed anywhere near their expectations. Kim is a Redshirt Junior. He has been at AU for four years, under two different OL coaches, and has not developed into what was expected. Brahms is a Redshirt Freshman, and may get better with experience. Austin Troxell, like Brahms, is a Redshirt Freshman. Mike Horton has also under-performed this year.

The OL issues have cascaded to impact the entire offense.

The simple truth is we were not that good this year. Washington was not that good this year. Wisconsin was not that good this year. Penn State was not that good this year. Miami was not that good this year. Stanford was not that good this year. USC, TCU, and Florida State were not that good this year.

The coaches know what we have, and what we don't have. They know what works, and what does not work. They know who the playmakers are. They should be able to build a game plan around those. We need to develop passing routes and pass protection schemes designed for quick passes given our limited protection. We need to run to the left, the strength of our line, not to the right, the weakness of our line.

It will likely not be enough to beat a UGA or Bama. But the coaches have to give the team a chance.

Well said

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Sooooo, anybody know a good psychologist???

You got any rocket fuel for lift off?

I just read through this whole thread and you know you guys use a lot big big words. Very good vernacular. That was my attempt at being smart. I am done piling on now. 

War Eagle everyone, no matter your profession or expertise.

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

I just read through this whole thread and you know you guys use a lot big big words. Very good vernacular. That was my attempt at being smart. I am done piling on now. 

War Eagle everyone, no matter your profession or expertise.

I have to Google the big words...I’m no PhD 

Archived