Coe & Williams SEC Weekly Honors

Auburn Kev

Nick Coe is Defensive Lineman of the Week & Seth Williams Freshman of the Week for their performances against Texas A&M

Coe, Williams Honored By SEC Following Win Over Texas A&M

ByJASON CALDWELL 

Nick Coe

Nick Coe puts the heat on Kellen Mond. (Photo: Jason Caldwell/Inside The Auburn Tigers/AUTigers.com)

Birmingham, Ala.--Following Auburn’s dramatic comeback win over Texas A&M on Saturday, the Southeastern Conference recognized Nick Coe as the Defensive Lineman of the Week and Seth Williams as the Freshman of the Week for their performances.

Earning the award for the third time this season, Coe was instrumental in Auburn’s win with three tackles, two tackles for losses and a sack on the final play of the game that forced a Kellen Mond fumble.

“That’s typical Nick Coe,” Brown said. “I thought I was going to be able to get the scoop and score there, but Marlon (Davidson) just had to go ahead and jump on the ball.”

For the season Coe leads Auburn with seven sacks and 13 ½ tackles for a loss to go along with his 25 tackles.

Becoming the first true freshman to catch two touchdown passes in a game for Auburn since Ronney Daniels in 1999, Williams made one of the biggest plays of the game with his grab with just over a minute left to give the Tigers the lead on Saturday.

For the season Williams has 16 receptions for 332 yards and four touchdowns. The 332 yards puts him sixth in school history for a freshman, just behind Courtney Taylor and Robert Baker. The four touchdowns is good enough for second in school history, trailing Daniels’ nine in 1999.

Seth is a freak,” quarterback Jarrett Stidham said. “He will continue to be a freak for a very long time. Full confidence in him. It’s fun that I get to see him grow each week. He’s a true freshman but you wouldn’t think it the way he’s playing and just the way he’s catching on to everything. College football is an adjustment from high school, and so I couldn’t be more proud of him.”

• WarTiger changed the title to Coe & Williams SEC Weekly Honors

Nick Coe is a top ten player at his postition in the country . 

Seth Williams is on the verge of dominating the sec 

2 great young players 

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Nick Coe is a top ten player at his postition in the country . 

Seth Williams is on the verge of dominating the sec 

2 great young players 

Seth Williams has the talent to be on the verge of dominating the SEC, but never will in a Gus Malzahn/ whoever carries the OC title offense.

I’m old and like the “little” things. After one of william’s catches for a TD  he dropped the ball but then caught himself before celebrating and went back, picked it up and handed it to the ref......

Coe looks more and more headed to the NFL each week. I'm curious to see what his draft stock looks like.

Archived