Kind of a silly question to ask, but I'm old

doverstutts

I have noticed,starting about 3 years ago, that i get much more nervous and uptight during a basketball game than i do football...anybody else like that?.....i have not always been like that but i am really bad about getting all tensed up....I am 64 years old and should have outgrown that.....i wonder if it is the increased expectations with bruce pearl and the lowered ones with mister wizard that are causing it?...whatever the reason, i get like a first-time expectant daddy during basketball games...for instance, during the Xavier game i got so tensed up that my muscles (whats left of them anyway) on my sides actually were sore the next morning.....thats why i get so bent out of shape over mental errors much more than physical ones, i suppose....i want them to go out, beat hell out of them as quick as possible so i can relax, and let some other teams play the nail-biters

21 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I have noticed,starting about 3 years ago, that i get much more nervous and uptight during a basketball game than i do football...anybody else like that?.....i have not always been like that but i am really bad about getting all tensed up....I am 64 years old and should have outgrown that.....i wonder if it is the increased expectations with bruce pearl and the lowered ones with mister wizard that are causing it?...whatever the reason, i get like a first-time expectant daddy during basketball games...for instance, during the Xavier game i got so tensed up that my muscles (whats left of them anyway) on my sides actually were sore the next morning.....thats why i get so bent out of shape over mental errors much more than physical ones, i suppose....i want them to go out, beat hell out of them as quick as possible so i can relax, and let some other teams play the nail-biters

You’re not the only one. Honestly I think a lot of it is how slow the college football games are now. There are so many interruptions of play, I tend to get distracted and dont stay as focused on the football all games as I used to. 

35 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I'm the same in regard to football and have been for a while. I figured it was age (58) but maybe not. I just don't buy the hype anymore. The preseason forecast by writers and fans are just empty now. That's why I don't do the score prediction...you just can't read a Gus team. Never know what you'll get. Basketball is exciting though. I'm not a huge bball fan but love Bruce's teams here. They play hard. 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I'm a bit different but the teams before BB (Before Bruce) were never good enough for me to care enough to get tensed about. Now I'm more exited for each game than anything. The only times I get nervous are when we play known great teams & when we are in battles in games we should win soundly that stay tight for a while.

56 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’re not the only one. Honestly I think a lot of it is how slow the college football games are now. There are so many interruptions of play, I tend to get distracted and dont stay as focused on the football all games as I used to. 

That's why I record them & start watching the game from the beginning about after 45 minutes after they start. I just watch the plays. I skip commercials & in between play fluff. Short attention span & all.

There are so many ebbs and flows during a BB game it is like watching the tide roll in..   🙂      No wonder nervousness abounds!!  You can be up by 10 and feel in control, and minute and half later be screaming Time out Bruce!!!!    I think that is the reason i love basketball so much.    Even when i played all the half court pick up games in college it was the uncertainty of what was going to happen that made it so interesting.  Some nights you just could not buy a bucket, then some nights you could have turned around and threw it over your shoulder and it was going in!!

Archived