Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

Imagine Stidham staying. Then the forum could continue to be nothing but Stidham critique and fire Gus threads. What a time to be alive. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

What if Malzahn has another offer somewhere else but his buyout was too much for the other school to pay, so he's having to renegotiate so he can leave Auburn without being fired? And yes, I'm just looking for any kind of positive, atm.

If this whole thing is just to embarrass Gus & make him miserable, with the goal of negotiating a reduced buyout and kicking in enough to let Arkansas hire him between now and next year, that would make a little sense.  It would set us up for about 3 bad years and require an absolute home run replacement hire.

38 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

you think he can live where there are no Waffle Houses

He has enough money to build one. 

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Like I said, can someone explain this in simpler terms?

According to Gus' buddy on here  it is just clickbait to get subscriptions by 247sports, seriously, not even kidding. 

4 minutes ago, Aunonymous said:

If this whole thing is just to embarrass Gus & make him miserable, with the goal of negotiating a reduced buyout and kicking in enough to let Arkansas hire him between now and next year, that would make a little sense.  It would set us up for about 3 bad years and require an absolute home run replacement hire.

My wife worked for a couple different Japanese companies years ago and spent time in a HQ near Tokyo.

In their culture it was rare to fire under-performers.  Rather they would strip their entire responsibilities and stick them in a blank cubicle with nothing to do.

It was up to that employee whether he was proud enough to quit or squishy enough to accept their new "assignment".  Typically speaking, they quit.

This sounds similar....

For the young future business leaders on the forum, please follow all of this very closely.  This is how the real world works.  Deals, deception, smoke and mirrors, curtains, misrepresentation and agendas.  I have been fascinated by human behavior all of my life.  The intuition and required to be able to have a chair when the music stops is critical.  This is absolutely amazing.  Power brokers "going at it" using every bit of leverage and influence they have to maintain their positions.  And then factor in the love of the University and the football program by many of these players.  JR and others love Auburn, and love their influence.  Titan and others have provided some great insight today.  The game of chess is far from over.  Auburn football since 1892!!!!!!  We're not going anywhere and never count us out.  War Eagle.    

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

My wife worked for a couple different Japanese companies years ago and spent time in a HQ near Tokyo.

In their culture it was rare to fire under-performers.  Rather they would strip their entire responsibilities and stick them in a blank cubicle with nothing to do.

It was up to that employee whether he was proud enough to quit or squishy enough to accept their new "assignment".  Typically speaking, they quit.

This sounds similar....

Gus will not take the sword...

Just now, aubcali said:

Gus will not take the sword...

HAHA, not quite that drastic!

But he does seem to be squishy enough to accept his neutered assignment, apparently.

So instead of just letting Gus just keep his job last season after winning a couple of big games (then promptly losing two important games), you gave him a ridiculous extension?

gLgwuHO.gif

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Leath should be ran out of Auburn with ******* pitchforks and torches. What kind of ******* moron essentially forces us to keep both when no one wants either option?

This has been a very Auburn like handling of a simple situation.

Fire Leath, fire the entire staff, and start the whole damn thing over. Scorched Earth. Burn it allllll!!!!

You could do that but you will still have the same PTB that will never relinquish control of the program. As was stated earlier Harbert was in on the negotiations for Gus extension and he along with Leath granted it. Until Auburn gives the keys of the program fully to someone this cycle will never end.

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

This sounds similar....

That is the way it is with most Asian cultures in regards to work.  Very hard to fire them even if they are under performing.  I have had that situations numerous times with my employees in Indonesia.  Very frustrating.  This whole idea that foreigners are not suppose to fire national workers, drives me crazy.

4 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

That is the way it is with most Asian cultures in regards to work.  Very hard to fire them even if they are under performing.  I have had that situations numerous times with my employees in Indonesia.  Very frustrating.  This whole idea that foreigners are not suppose to fire national workers, drives me crazy.

I’ll fire them.  Just let me know...

One good thing about living in Indonesia, all of the happening in US take place while I am sleeping.  I was looking forward to waking up this morning to see something had happened throughout the day but nothing.  Does stink though to watch games at 11:00pm, 2:30am or 7:00am.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

This is killing me...This is really killing me..I can't deal.

They like to drag these things out knowing good and damn well what it does to us. Psychopaths!

Just now, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

One thing we found out Josh Moon has NO inside info 😂

I think there are two boosters going against each other to be honest. Clearly, the one who wants Gus gone and even went out their way to talk about stoops is on one side.

Then we have this trustee negotiating a contract with our coach...let you guess who side that person is on.

I knew Stoops coming here was too good to be true. But hey it made for a fun couple hours last night. Time to see who wins the pissing contest for the future of auburn football. Just hope we don’t end up worse than we are now. I think this forum would explode if in the future we missed the Gustav days 🤢🤮

33CFB789-C8DC-4301-B85E-A634C8D23A7E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, FreeCJ said:

I laid it out in an above post exactly what's been going on.  

If that is really what's going on, we have a mess. Someone needs to take control of this. Also is one of our boosters has convinced Bob Stoops to come to Auburn and the other one screws us over, said booster should be exiled to Siberia.

I know this may sound stupid but I just went to al.com to read what they had to say. They did'the have anything on it. When it comes to printing stories to make Auburn look bad they work overtime, especially a story like this and they don't have a word?  This whole situation is beyond belief.

20 hours ago, AURex said:

Reality Check! Unless Auburn figures out a way to recruit SEC A+ players, Auburn will be middle of the SEC at best.

Boom!

Archived