Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And by 'hacks' he means, "professional journalists who have been in this career field for over two decades and have zero reason to stir up the pot with made up nonsense."

Like it or not, Jay Tate, Josh Moon, Phillip Marshall and others all have sources on the inside.  Good sources.  The problem is, some of them are at war right now with the other and are leaking information to achieve their particular desired end.  It doesn't make the stories incorrect.  But the people they are talking to are "in a position to know the facts."

Not sure how anyone can follow Auburn and take issue with Jay Tate. He’s about as good as they come. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

😕     JMO but what I see is so much  "Auburn being auburn"  are the number of people who automatically jump to the most negative and worst conclusion on something like this.   Let's at least wait until there are some actual facts to support this allegations before we just generalize that everyone running AU is incompetent. 

Somehow AU has managed to become an impressive and well respected university and stuff like that does not happen by accident. 

The university side is a different story that the athletics side, especially when it comes to football.

And if you're waiting for everyone to go on the record and have a big open sit down with ESPN to satisfy your needs for "actual facts," you haven't paid attention to college football coaching searches over the last 25 years or so.

Just now, Zeek said:

Not sure how anyone can follow Auburn and take issue with Jay Tate. He’s about as good as they come. 

Tends to happen when it's news they don't like.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

😕     JMO but what I see is so much  "Auburn being auburn"  are the number of people who automatically jump to the most negative and worst conclusion on something like this.   Let's at least wait until there are some actual facts to support this allegations before we just generalize that everyone running AU is incompetent. 

Somehow AU has managed to become an impressive and well respected university and stuff like that does not happen by accident. 

I understand what you are saying but the problem is the administration has not come out and put a stop to it. Which means they are indirectly  involved or they are to weak to deal with it. Both of which are poor scenarios. 

If this was all BS, Leath or Greene or others could have squashed it right out the gate.  The fact that they have remained silent should tell you it's a lot more factual than not.

36 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

With my daughter likely coming to the US and Auburn in 2021 to begin her education.  I am a little concerned that this type of incompetence on the adminstration's part is going to drive up tuition and cost.  Should I be concerned?  Please set this poor missionaries mind at ease.

Our son is on full academic scholarship, not including housing; he lives with my mom at the home where we grew up in Auburn.  Had enough high school AP credit to translate into graduating earlier than four years.  Three ACT tries to bump higher and a lot of prayer got him there.  God takes care of His kids, Roe!  And we can find housing for your sweet daughter when her time comes.  Push and pray on those ACT scores and watch for scholarships; they are there to be had.  Prayers for your work...His work...in Indonesia!  That's a huge wow!  :yay:❤️

:AUBig:

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Either it’s his “oh shucks” attitude or he’s so confident that he’ll fix it and get back in good graces.

One could almost call him desperate. I would respect his will to fight and confidence in himself but he’s had enough time to get us to proper level of success.

Wish he had demonstrated that will to fight on the football field this year. He probably wouldn’t have been in this situation today. Probably only is two weeks from now he would just go back to being Gus and playing safe instead of playing to win.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If this was all BS, Leath or Greene or others could have squashed it right out the gate.  The fact that they have remained silent should tell you it's a lot more factual than not.

Hey nooooow! No room for that logic stuff on a fanatical message board.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Serious question. What the hell are we supposed to do during next football season? We all know none of it matters. It is just window dressing. He is going to be fired unless he wins 9 or 10 games. There are 5 losses on the schedule at the jump with games at florida, Lsu and Tamu. Plus home games vs Uga and UAT. So basically for us we do not get to have any fun till a year from now when we can fire him. We have to suffer through another miserable season with no hope.

While the game is on ...

tumblr_inline_mg4mbsjhfp1ry4qim.gif

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So for those familiar with the old Auburn Eagle website, that site used 10 posts per page. AUF uses 25 posts per page. In the old AE format this thread would be over 175 pages right now. Never seen anything like it in a thread started a bit over a day ago.

That’s where I started and this thread may be truly epic . . . I said before, rivaling the Muschamp and even Seastrunk threads!

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It's because those folks who actually run the academic side of things don't care about our football record and the big dollar donors stay out of meddling in things like Engineering.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Lot harder for the university to raise money for academics than it is sports, but with that money comes a desire for influence.  

My guess at where we are right now and only a guess. They informed Gus they intended to fire him and would wait on word a few days. Gus inquired what it would take to change their minds . AU countered with a ridiculous offer that they were sure Gus would reject. And Gus for some reason is still considering it. Maybe Sexton is working the phones in hope to get Gus a decent landing spot. In the end I think Gus will pass on the offer and AU will fire him.

6 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Our son is on full academic scholarship, not including housing; he lives with my mom at the home where we grew up in Auburn.  Had enough high school AP credit to translate into graduating earlier than four years.  Three ACT tries to bump higher and a lot of prayer got him there.  God takes care of His kids, Roe!  And we can find housing for your sweet daughter when her time comes.  Push and pray on those ACT scores and watch for scholarships; they are there to be had.  Prayers for your work...His work...in Indonesia!  That's a huge wow!  :yay:❤️

:AUBig:

Thank you ToraGirl.  Means alot, really.  Send a prayer up for her as she is preparing to take her first ACT test in a couple months.  She's a straight "A" student, so hopefully she will do well.  We are prepared to take it a few times to try and get the best score possible.  We are shooting for a 32, but we would be happy with a 30.  We shall see.  Will be apply for any and all scholarships as available.  Pray also that we will be considered in-state residence.  We have been in Indonesia since she was 3 years old and our US residence has been my parents house in Boaz since we left.  Little tricky to prove residency when you live overseas.  I am working with the residency office to provide as much proof as I can prior to her graduation.  Was able to visit with them when we came back to the US this past summer and we toured campus.  Trusting the Lord to make it happen if it's HIS will.  Blessings, and thanks again for the encouraging words.

Just now, roe4christ said:

Thank you ToraGirl.  Means alot, really.  Send a prayer up for her as she is preparing to take her first ACT test in a couple months.  She's a straight "A" student, so hopefully she will do well.  We are prepared to take it a few times to try and get the best score possible.  We are shooting for a 32, but we would be happy with a 30.  We shall see.  Will be apply for any and all scholarships as available.  Pray also that we will be considered in-state residence.  We have been in Indonesia since she was 3 years old and our US residence has been my parents house in Boaz since we left.  Little tricky to prove residency when you live overseas.  I am working with the residency office to provide as much proof as I can prior to her graduation.  Was able to visit with them when we came back to the US this past summer and we toured campus.  Trusting the Lord to make it happen if it's HIS will.  Blessings, and thanks again for the encouraging words.

Roe - Are you the one I met in Athens Greece this summer?

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What the hell are we supposed to do during next football season?

Get ready for basketball & baseball unfortunately.

I think whoever is involved in Gus staying for now severely underestimates the economic hit the AU/Opelika communities will take next Fall by keeping Gus 1 more season. It'll be a lot more than $32 mil for damn sure. Forget pride & the egg on the face & just pay him off for crying out loud.

Sorry for that personal post guys.  Probably could have messaged Toragirl directly.  I rarely post and never send a personal message, so I guess I need to learn how.

Unrelated but I’ll tie it in to this. Had no idea about this spring football league. Anyone going to watch the Birmingham Iron? It’s season tickets for like $75.

Maybe they need Gus

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

My guess at where we are right now and only a guess. They informed Gus they intended to fire him and would wait on word a few days. Gus inquired what it would take to change their minds . AU countered with a ridiculous offer that they were sure Gus would reject. And Gus for some reason is still considering it. Maybe Sexton is working the phones in hope to get Gus a decent landing spot. In the end I think Gus will pass on the offer and AU will fire him.

If you take the reporting at face value, Gus will stay as long as he's allowed to no matter the circumstances.  He wants to win a natty.  He's not doing that at Texas Tech, Louisville, or Colorado.  If giving up some leverage means he can stay here and try to win, then that's what he'll do.  At this point, I fully expect him back unless our PTB just decide to fire him and pay the full buyout.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Get ready for basketball & baseball unfortunately.

I think whoever is involved in Gus staying for now severely underestimates the economic hit the AU/Opelika communities will take next Fall by keeping Gus 1 more season. It'll be a lot more than $32 mil for damn sure. Forget pride & the egg on the face & just pay him off for crying out loud.

I can't remember a time in my life I wasn't optimistic heading into a season, but I'm at that point now. It sucks knowing we are going to trash.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you take the reporting at face value, Gus will stay as long as he's allowed to no matter the circumstances.  He wants to win a natty.  He's not doing that at Texas Tech, Louisville, or Colorado.  If giving up some leverage means he can stay here and try to win, then that's what he'll do.  At this point, I fully expect him back unless our PTB just decide to fire him and pay the full buyout.

I think he’s delusional if he thinks he’ll win one here anytime soon. Just don’t see it.

40 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And by 'hacks' he means, "professional journalists who have been in this career field for over two decades and have zero reason to stir up the pot with made up nonsense."

Like it or not, Jay Tate, Josh Moon, Phillip Marshall and others all have sources on the inside.  Good sources.  The problem is, some of them are at war right now with the other and are leaking information to achieve their particular desired end.  It doesn't make the stories incorrect.  But the people they are talking to are "in a position to know the facts."

Yes like Phillip Marshall who has done this for nearly 50 years and his dad was a journalist. Tate like him or not is probably one of the most inside folks in AU sports. I can tell you I’ve read Philip for over 40 years and he wouldn’t lie about anything. He is dedicated to the truth. If he doesn’t know he won’t speculate. If it comes out of his mouth then he got it somewhere from someone he trust.

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

When is the specific date that Gus' buyout drops for the next year?  Dec 1st or 2nd?  No need to do anything before that,.

It's $32 mil til after next season I'm pretty sure. At least that was before the recent supposed renegotiations.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I think he’s delusional if he thinks he’ll win one here anytime soon. Just don’t see it.

He's not delusional in thinking that Auburn gives him a better chance at winning one than any other job available right now.  If that's his priority, then he's right to want to stay.

His coaching, or lack thereof, isn't my point.  It's about recruiting base, facilities, financial support, etc.  

Archived