Who replaces Chip?

auburnphan

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

You hire Freeze, the team shows great improvement and then you fire the head coach?  For what?  Getting his program back on track?  How does that work?

If the team doesn't improve, why would you jeep Freeze on and how much time does he get to improve the team if you do?

The only thing that'll happen if Freeze comes...

For one year, all will look well. Then we will be back to figuring out what Gus is going to do.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hire a QB coach and Gus do like many other head coaches do and be their own OC. Jimbo Fisher, Dan Mullen, Lincoln Riley and any number of other head coaches call their own plays. Some assistant may hold the title of OC, but in reality the head guy is his own OC. There's a secondary benefit to that: The message board whiners can't complain that the head coach is "meddling" in the offense, because it's his offense.

Agree with all but hiring a QB coach. We know Gus ain't going to pass except for screens and deep throws. So it's a waste, just hire another o-line coach that is a great recruiter and have two o-line coaches so maybe we can get some blocking for those runs up the middle on first down. He also needs to replace Horton and get a top RB coach. Those two coaching positions are much more important to a Gus offense.

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I would tend to agree at this point. Likely just a negotiated lower buyout and nothing beyond that. I asked PM about this and he does not know one way or the other on this. Time will tell.

I do not think the buyout was lowered either.. JMO

10 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I believe there is now a rule that would prohibit both Pat and Bo coming this year. Could be wrong. Where ya at @ellitor

That pertains to off-field (only) analyst positions with ties to the recruits current high school.  I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would certainly be the best "Gus" move of all the less than ideal (Freeze) options.

9 hours ago, AURealist said:

If it's Hugh Freeze, we've got a mercenary. 

What does that really accomplish?  Is he going to stay?  Is he going to bother to design and run his own offense?  Is Gus going to listen to him and actually change anything?  I'm skeptical.  I've never felt so apathetic about an OC hire. 

I bet he likes the outlook. Gus goes and the O looks great, he has an interview for another SEC HC gig.

8 hours ago, DAG said:

So why doesn’t your guy do that then? Many of us have been saying since he doesn’t trust anybody else, lead the offense himself . He is about to be on his 3rd OC in 7 years anyway.

Mikey is about to get his wish. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be KB. Just not the KB you are referring to. 

Kodi Burns???? If that's the case Gus should have just went ahead & left.

2 minutes ago, James Howell said:

Some high school guy.  That is the way the program is run.

Bobby Bentley. I have a strong feeling about this one. 

As he should. It's put up or shut up time for Gus. All of his recent problems have come from him thinking his offensive mind is superior. It's time to see if he is right. Especially if Kelly B commits. Back to the Marshall offense. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

As he should. It's put up or shut up time for Gus. All of his recent problems have come from him thinking his offensive mind is superior. It's time to see if he is right. Especially if Kelly B commits. Back to the Marshall offense. 

I want Tate!

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

You're changing your opinion on here more than a woman changes clothes. lol

Just now, ellitor said:

Tate still hasn't decided if he is transferring.

Oh I know it isn’t decided yet but that’s still who I want. High risk high reward but I think with the pieces in place this offense would click

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You're changing your opinion on here more than a woman changes clothes. lol

Nooo. You're misunderstanding me, Kenny! I want and think Gus should call his own plays and hire a QB coach. But what I want or think Gus should do, is rarely what he does. So I fully expect him to hire an offensive coordinator. Bentley, Freeze, or Burns.

a guy on the ITAT board told them that kodi burns would be the OC, that was the rumor and now WDE is saying it so you know that its going to happen if he is saying that....i'm going to go puke, then put on a robe,head band and then pretend the grandsons old guitar is a damned fiddle

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

a guy on the ITAT board told them that kodi burns would be the OC, that was the rumor and now WDE is saying it so you know that its going to happen if he is saying that....i'm going to go puke, then put on a robe,head band and then pretend the grandsons old guitar is a damned fiddle

That basically means Gus will run things. May be best since all y’all say this is his swan song year and he gone anyway.

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd say Kodi is the big leader in the club house. 

Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces... newborn infant Jesus.. please don't let this happen...

Archived