Nick Coe probably out for Bowl game

Auburn2Eugene

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn Buck pass rusher Nick Coe is listed as "doubtful" for the Music City Bowl against Purdue after undergoing surgery in recent days, coach Gus Malzahn said.

Coe injured his right wrist late in the season and underwent surgery following the Iron Bowl to repair the damage. The extent of the surgery was not divulged by Malzahn.

Malzahn said he expects "everybody else to be ready to go" before the Tigers (7-5) face Purdue (6-6) on Dec. 28. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. CT on ESPN.

Coe enters the postseason with 27 tackles, 13.5 tackles for losses, a team-high seven sacks, three quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles.

https://auburn-247sports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/auburn.247sports.com/Article/Nick-Coe-undergoes-surgery-doubtful-for-bowl-game-126327318/Amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fauburn.247sports.com%2FArticle%2FNick-Coe-undergoes-surgery-doubtful-for-bowl-game-126327318%2F

Hate that.....hope he fully recovers for next season

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hate that.....hope he fully recovers for next season

I agree. He is my favorite player on defense. That whole wrestling thing in high school made him dynamic. This really hurts us in the bowl. He is our best pass rusher. They throw it all over the field. We will have to find someone else to make up that pass rush or we won't have anyone to stop  Rondale Moore and company.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:55 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree. He is my favorite player on defense. That whole wrestling thing in high school made him dynamic. This really hurts us in the bowl. He is our best pass rusher. They throw it all over the field. We will have to find someone else to make up that pass rush or we won't have anyone to stop  Rondale Moore and company.

The loss of wrestling as a Varsity sport in HS across the South is a bummer. I get excited anytime a see an OL or DL recruit who wrestled at a high level in HS.

32 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

The loss of wrestling as a Varsity sport in HS across the South is a bummer. I get excited anytime a see an OL or DL recruit who wrestled at a high level in HS.

I hate it too.  I also hate it that Auburn dropped their program.  My uncle was one of the last guys to wrestle for Auburn.  We had an elite program.  Many of those people were Olympians and many of them still coach for Team USA.  My uncle would tell me for training they had to climb up a rope that was hanging from the middle of the ceiling in the old basketball colosseum.  Your only safety was the fear you had of falling all the way down.  He hated Pat Dye, because Dye was the reason the wrestling program was shut down.  Dye wanted the money to go to the football program.  It is a shame.

Archived