Grad Transfer Talk

JMassie11

So who wants to take the time and break down the players on this link and determine if they would be a legit impact player for 2019. May need to have a pinned post on grad transfers with the amount that are happening now.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-2019/

Nathan Eldridge was on Rimington Watch list at Center last year could be a 1 year solution at Center 

Justin Murphy played at Texas Tecch and UCLA as guard and Center as starter but missed one year due to injury

Davondre Love 6'7" 300 pound OT at Indiana has been a starter

Of this group Nathan Eldridge would be an upgrade at Center Love and Murphy could provide Depth  and to decide if we should look at them one need to know for sure wheter Teg and Ashley are returning and also who else is available later. I think it would be worthwhile for our coaches to at least contact Eldridge and guage if he has any interest in Auburn.

Graduate transfers are likely the only way we are going to fill in the needs we are going to have next season especially at tackle if we lose Tega. I hope Tega will come back though but it is not looking good for him to return. I hope Ashley can get it together and be there for us in 2019.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Graduate transfers are likely the only way we are going to fill in the needs we are going to have next season especially at tackle if we lose Tega. I hope Tega will come back though but it is not looking good for him to return. I hope Ashley can get it together and be there for us in 2019.

Tega has only played college ball for two years. Has he improved to the point he is expected to be a high NFL Draft pick?

16 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Tega has only played college ball for two years. Has he improved to the point he is expected to be a high NFL Draft pick?

His measurables check out and he was honestly probably our best OL last year.

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Even if Ashley comes back, he has not shown the coaches that he is even starting material. even though he was a highly rated recruit.

He may be a body, but i don't feel good about him contributing. I think we will still have OL problems...

On 12/22/2018 at 1:21 PM, JMassie11 said:

So who wants to take the time and break down the players on this link and determine if they would be a legit impact player for 2019. May need to have a pinned post on grad transfers with the amount that are happening now.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-2019/

A few things here.  Since Auburn is  likely only going to take one to two grad transfers there’s no point somebody spending a number of hours breaking down all the players on the list and seeing if they would be impact players for Auburn. Since over 90% of grad transfers will be going to other schools there doesn’t need to be a pinned grad transfer thread in the Auburn Recruiting Forum. The Rivals section is the best place honestly when talking about a pool of grad transfers. When news comes out of Auburn interest in a grad transfer we will have individual threads for those prospects in the Auburn forum when that time comes. Also as golf said we are barely scratching the surface of the grad transfer market. It starts to come out more in January February and March.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:29 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

I was going to ask about transfers myself . I know zero about how that works . Are there any out there AU wants ? 

I’m sure there will be QB’s and OT’s that Auburn looks up. They work the same as a Juco transfer or a player coming in from high school. They still count against your yearly 25 new scholarship player limit.

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Supposedly he’s considered the 14th best OT for the upcoming draft. Regardless I think him potentially leaving has more to do with his personal situation with his family and less his NFL stock.

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Oh, and is Ashley back with the team?  And more importantly, with a new attitude.

Coming back in January. If he stays it may be at Guard instead of tackle though.

57 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Even if Ashley comes back, he has not shown the coaches that he is even starting material. even though he was a highly rated recruit.

He may be a body, but i don't feel good about him contributing..

As someone said in another thread, Becoming a father for the first time can light a fire under someone.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Coming back in January. If he stays it may be at Guard instead of tackle though.

If Malzahn or whoever coaches the offensive line does not have a come to Jesus meeting with Ashley, I don't think it's going to matter much what position he is going to play.

Graduate Transfer QB - Brandon Wimbush - Notre Dame

Report: Notre Dame QB Brandon Wimbush plans to transfer from the Fighting Irish

Notre Dame quarterback Brandon Wimbush is transferring from the program, according to Stadium's Brett McMurphy. Wimbush started four games for the undefeated No. 3 Fighting Irish, which will take on No. 2 Clemson in the Cotton Bowl semifinal on Saturday.

Wimbush threw for 719 yards, four touchdowns and six interceptions this year through the air, adding 256 yards and one touchdown on the ground. He started the first three games of the season before being replaced for Ian Book. Wimbush played in place of the injured Book in the 42-13 win over Florida State on Nov. 10. He was the primary starter for coach Brian Kelly during the 2017 season, when he threw for 1,870 yards, 16 touchdowns, six interceptions and rushed for 803 yards and 14 touchdowns. He started 12 of Notre Dame's 13 games as a redshirt junior.

With a 12-3 record as a starter for Notre Dame, Wimbush will likely remain with the team through the College Football Playoff. As a graduate transfer, he will be eligible to play immediately as a redshirt senior if he transfers to an FBS school.

Notre Dame and Clemson will tee it up Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. 

Archived