The starting lineup

gr82b4au

The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.

What madness...

Just because a player is coming off the bench doesn't mean he can't have a great effect on the game. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I’d be surprised if CBP makes any changes except for injuries... with one of exception if DP asserts himself and increases his minutes.

cbp loves BB and has always proclaimed that Samir is a winner - based on tracking everything including innersquad games.

5 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

At this point I’d be surprised if CBP makes any changes except for injuries... with one of exception if DP asserts himself and increases his minutes.

cbp loves BB and has always proclaimed that Samir is a winner - based on tracking everything including innersquad games.

May be time for CBP to reassess his options. I have tremendous  faith in him but something is clearly off.  

On 1/22/2019 at 3:02 PM, bigbird said:

The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.The Spurs won their fourth championship in 2007, mere months after Popovich moved the wily Argentine out of the starting lineup in a prosperous attempt to ignite his second unit.

What madness...

Just because a player is coming off the bench doesn't mean he can't have a great effect on the game. 

I didn’t get that top part. Maybe reiterating so that I can understand better🤔.....

On 1/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, bigbird said:

Dell Curry

Vinnie Johnson

Robert Horry

Jason Terry

Toni Kukoc

Michael Cooper

Steve Kerr

Manu Ginobli

BB's game is much more in the mold of these players than that of a starter.

These players were great fits for a variety of reasons. Cooper on the way he played D on Bird and who developed as a three point shooter, Vinnie the Microwave was a scoring machine great shooter but also strong and took people inside and scored when he got fouled, Jason Terry again scored inside and out and super fast played solid D, Kerr pure shooter who got opened and just had a feel for the game, Kukoc big guy rebounded, shooter scorer, Horry another big guy who could rebound and hit the outside shot. Dell curry in a class by himself. 

I agree that Bryce should be tried as a 6 man or scorer on the second team but he is not in the mold of these guys it is unfait to Bryce to put ihim in the same category as these guys. These were NBA elite players.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree that Bryce should be tried as a 6 man or scorer on the second team but he is not in the mold of these guys it is unfait to Bryce to put ihim in the same category as these guys. These were NBA elite players.

100% agree.

I wasn't trying to compare them as players. I was showing, or trying to, that being a 6th man doesn't limit one's game and might actually bolster it. Those I mentioned we're successful because they found and excelled in their niche. Like those above, BB could be a huge energy lift as well as a scoring machine coming off the bench. His D style, IMO, actually matches up better with our 2nd group. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:32 AM, fredst said:

I didn’t get that top part. Maybe reiterating so that I can understand better🤔.....

Moving a great player to the bench for  balance and the betterment of the team has been proven to work. Bruce should try moving BB to the bench just like Pops did to Manu. BB's skills are more suited for the 6th man role, IMO

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Moving a great player to the bench for  balance and the betterment of the team has been proven to work. Bruce should try moving BB to the bench just like Pops did to Manu. BB's skills are more suited for the 6th man role, IMO

I agree with the premise. I was being a smartass since, at least on my device, the same sentence was on there 3 times, lol. Shame on me😔

I don’t know that it matters much with the way Bruce substitutes. It’s not like we have a first line and second line. We rotate players in 1 or 2 at a time. Probably better to speak in terms of minutes. You guys think Brown should be getting less minutes? As of recently I don’t know where the lost scoring would come from if he did. Who would take more minutes? Only person i’ve seen to justify getting them is Dunbar and I don’t think he would take Browns minutes. More like doughty’s. Maybe more of the Harper Javon combo??

On 1/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, bigbird said:

100% agree.

I wasn't trying to compare them as players. I was showing, or trying to, that being a 6th man doesn't limit one's game and might actually bolster it. Those I mentioned we're successful because they found and excelled in their niche. Like those above, BB could be a huge energy lift as well as a scoring machine coming off the bench. His D style, IMO, actually matches up better with our 2nd group. 

John Havlicek and Kevin McHale agree and say a big hello. 

16 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Yikes. Still talking about Bryce Brown to the bench but referencing the nba (which is a totally different game) to justify that dumb take. It’s just sad now

wow @bigbird? You got somebody after you now lol

@cole256, I've typically found that those that talk out their ass are usually FoS. 

Just like another we've talked about previously, ad hominems just prove how weak their opinions are.

I expected more of a rebuttal from some experts but then again, when you’re dealing with people with dumb opinions that have proven wrong , I guess you can only expect gifs and silly call outs in response. Sad!

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

@cole256, I've typically found that those that talk out their ass are usually FoS. 

Just like another we've talked about previously, ad hominems just prove how weak their opinions are.

Damn this time you said it first! 

Archived