Women’s BB Season

PUB78

Ladies BB will finally have their first winning record season in the SEC under Coach Flo. Beating LSU on the road to finish 9-7 in SEC and 21-8 overall. 

Much improved season over the previous two, but had a better record on the road than at home this year.

ten big road game wins....amazing performance IMO.....

They have 4 new signees coming in, so I am hopeful the improvement will continue.

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Ladies BB will finally have their first winning record season in the SEC under Coach Flo. Beating LSU on the road to finish 9-7 in SEC and 21-8 overall. 

Much improved season over the previous two, but had a better record on the road than at home this year.

The home slate that the women had this year was brutal. The top 5 seeds in the conference all came to Auburn: Miss State, South Carolina, A&M, Kentucky, and Mizzou. The only one of those we beat at home was Mizzou. I’m thankful that this team was strong enough to go 6-2 on the road with the only 2 losses being Mizzou and Tennessee.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

who are the studs, that can contribute the earliest? 

I had saw some of Lauren’s highlights all the back when she had committed, I thought she had a fairly tight handle and a solid jumper...the team this season gets a ton of open trey opportunities so she could perhaps fulfill that role? I don’t know Maliyah’s film but her frame reminds me of an ideal wing player; I’ve wanted to see the team get taller without becoming immobile and she seems to be fluid 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They aren’t particularly short now btw, but that MSU game just displayed to me there’s a couple more steps they could take physically 

I certainly wouldn't compare any normal women's bb roster to MSU bc of their big McGowan. Girl is like 6-7" or something, probably close to 7 feet with the weave. Doesn't have to run or jump. Just lift those arms and sink free throws. Heard an announcer say that for the 4 years before her arrival MSU lost 54 games; in the 4 years since her arrival they've lost like 17 or something. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

impressive

I still have to watch the other 4 but I think she had the highest respect, recruiting wise, and it seems to be for good reason. I dont know if she'll be able to shoot that well while being contested against women taller than her, but her off the dribble ability is wildly impressive 

Archived