Chuck Person Saga (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

Play hardball and lawyer up and tie it up in court for years.  NCAA is a toothless, worthless organization.  We need to treat them as such.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

"Lack of Institutional Control" and it won't be a formality. Maybe we've done enough to escape having to fire Coach Pearl but I wouldn't bet on it. If there's any way the NCAA can skewer us and put the AU basketball program "back where it belongs" they will do it.

P marsh already said it will not be anything close to Lack of Institutional Control.

i beg to differ. bruce pearl took an unlikely team to the final four. i guarantee you he could get another coaching job. that statement was not very well thought out.

as an aside i just bought a bruce pearl auto  early this morning. for 7.99 and free shipping. his hair is dark and i believe he is an assistant for iowa hawkeyes i believe. and it is a small black and white but i got his auto for my auburn sports collection!

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

P marsh already said it will not be anything close to Lack of Institutional Control.

What in the world would it be, then??? They've got nothing on us other than this Person thing, and that has already been decided on!! Players have served suspensions, and the coach has been fired. What more could we possibly be punished with?

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What in the world would it be, then??? They've got nothing on us other than this Person thing, and that has already been decided on!! Players have served suspensions, and the coach has been fired. What more could we possibly be punished with?

Wouldn't surprise me to see a scholly or two taken away and get put on probation for a few years. That way the NCAA can continue to validate their pointless existence by saying, "Look! We're punishing rule breakers!" 

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Much less severe violations I would think IF ANY. *Knock on Wood* though of course. We are not a blue blood and they always look to make a example out of the non blue bloods. Lack of Institutional Control usually leads to severe violations. We already set out 2 dudes from a full season and then 9 more games of the next season for 1 guy. I can see Bruce being suspended for a few games and maybe having to forfeit games the year that Wiley and Purifoy played in and accepted money which would of been year 3 under Bruce.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is why other sanctions can still hang over us, even after the punishment to the players....

NCAA Bylaw 11.1.1, “Head Coach Responsibility,” imposes a presumption of head coach accountability for impermissible acts committed by assistant coaches and administrators within their program

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

As has JGT.

12 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m hoping it’s a formality kind of thing ... like judge sentencing someone to time already served.

Same

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

This is why other sanctions can still hang over us, even after the punishment to the players....

NCAA Bylaw 11.1.1, “Head Coach Responsibility,” imposes a presumption of head coach accountability for impermissible acts committed by assistant coaches and administrators within their program

that narrows it down to every school in the NCAA. uat should be very worried.

Auburn does have the FBI saying we were not guilty of anything.

The ncaa should be worried about the FBI raiding their offices, but by now their massive shredding operation is complete.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I'm all for accountability but that's such a wishy washy rule. This is what the NCAA uses to scare smaller stature programs while letting big boys get away with murder. 

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Play hardball and lawyer up and tie it up in court for years.  NCAA is a toothless, worthless organization.  We need to treat them as such.

I dont remember making this thread but uh....lol. My guy oracle79, his post is basically my thoughts on this topic. We just need to handle this like we have a spine and we'll be fine. If we knew about Person cheating or not, who cares, just dont compromise and we (read: Bruce and our 2020 class) will be fine 

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

It makes more sense to impute liability when the actions of the assistant coach are designed/intended to benefit the program.

58 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

As much as 64 wants Bruce to fail, this is a meh situation.

nah...I'm very happy to see him winning these games......I just hate that he brought so much baggage with him...but we knew that when he was hired. 

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

nah...I'm very happy to see him winning these games......I just hate that he brought so much baggage with him...but we knew that when he was hired. 

Baggage? As in?

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

chappelles_playerhater_RIVER_APP_1280x72

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Been waiting on you to get your passive aggressive sneaky subtle shot in towards Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce since the news dropped late last night. I knew you could not help yourself and it was only a matter of time. WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO WANT TO HURT ME?! lol

re.gif

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Baggage? As in?

Did you forget that he was still on a "show cause" from the NCAA after several years of penalty when AU hired him.   We stuck our finger in the eye of the NCAA....and people are surprised that NCAA did not like that?    :-\        

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Did you forget that he was still on a "show cause" from the NCAA after several years of penalty when AU hired him.   We stuck our finger in the eye of the NCAA....and people are surprised that NCAA did not like that?    :-\        

No I did not forget that. I just don't construe that as baggage. He served his time. Besides, the NCAA does not favor Auburn anyway, so Auburn could've hired John Wooden....

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I dont feel like we did that at all. It was within our rights to hire the guy while he was under the show clause. We didnt violate any rules doing that. We had a distinct recruiting disadvantage for some time due to that. If anything, maybe the NCAA hates Pearl and was looking for any opp to nail him again. But, saying we stuck our finger in their eye. Not in the slightest imo. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It makes more sense to impute liability when the actions of the assistant coach are designed/intended to benefit the program.

Exactly. I don't know how the ruling will go down, but its complete horse***t if we get in trouble while all these other schools skate. Damn FBI. What business was it of theirs anyway? Lol. 

Is there always going to be a contingency of Auburn fans that cower to the NCAA? if it's not due to public perception, it's because "they might not like who we hire"

There's so few other fanbases that worry about messing up in the public spotlight

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Is there always going to be a contingency of Auburn fans that cower to the NCAA? if it's not due to public perception, it's because "they might not like who we hire"

There's so few other fanbases that worry about messing up in the public spotlight

You have been shooting FIRE darts lately!!! I like this version of you!! where have you been hiding it?! lol. There is always a contingent of Auburn fans who rather make a hire on who is the better person and who is not the better coach. Mostly with football. We would of never made a "risky" hire at the time like it was when it came to public perception with football like we did in basketball when we hired Bruce. AU fball always goes with the "safe" comfortable hire that does not rock the boat in any way. At least in my 29 years. O and btw Bruce is a great coach AND person. YADDA YADDA YADDA spare me the past NCAA BS that happened at rocky top. Don't care. He made a mistake and lied about a BBQ. HE SERVED HIS TIME and paid for it dearly. That does not take away from how good of a dude he is. 

bill.gif

Archived