Finally...

TitanTiger

I don't know if I want to finally.  I don't ever want Georgia to "finally" win a championship...

Just now, abw0004 said:

I don't know if I want to finally.  I don't ever want Georgia to "finally" win a championship...

Unless they beat Bama while doing it. 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Unless they beat Bama while doing it. 

Nope!  Still want UGA to lose, even if to Bama.  So far Kirby has lost every game to Saban, which must be painful, so even better!

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They're red, black and gold.

Plus...it's soccer.  

Really? "It's soccer"? Is it 1983 where you live? Whatever. Your loss. 

(Also, uga has way more white on them than United have gold.)

Again, funny meme. Just a little ignorant is all. 

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Nope!  Still want UGA to lose, even if to Bama.  So far Kirby has lost every game to Saban, which must be painful, so even better!

Agreed. I of course didn't watch but I found their loss to bama to be the less awful of the two possible results. 

As crappy as it is for bammer to win a title, we can handle fending off one program that’s winning championships. I don’t think we can be sandwiched between two of them and do very well for long. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No. But outside of ATL, five people in Georgia care.  The state is eat up with football. Then there’s the Braves. The Masters is huge. 

MLS for all its growing popularity isn't anywhere on those levels.

Plus I mostly said it just to get a rise out of soccer people.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No. But outside of ATL, five people in Georgia care.  The state is eat up with football. Then there’s the Braves. The Masters is huge. 

MLS for all its growing popularity isn't anywhere on those levels.

Plus I mostly said it just to get a rise out of soccer people.

Outside of ATL, five people in Georgia aren't married to somebody they were already related to. And all of them put together matter about half as much as Atlanta does. 

The state is eat up with fleas. 

The Braves? Lol. United draw 70k anytime they want to. MLS is already more popular than MLB with kids and United are easily the most popular team in the league.   

I'll give you the Masters but that's one tournament a year. It's the Kentucky Derby of golf, which is dying even faster than baseball. 

Game on!

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Outside of ATL, five people in Georgia aren't married to somebody they were already related to. And all of them put together matter about half as much as Atlanta does. 

The state is eat up with fleas. 

The Braves? Lol. United draw 70k anytime they want to. MLS is already more popular than MLB with kids and United are easily the most popular team in the league.   

I'll give you the Masters but that's one tournament a year. It's the Kentucky Derby of golf, which is dying even faster than baseball. 

Game on!

I'll also admit, I pretty much hate all the Atlanta teams besides the Braves.  I especially hate the NFL's TV viewing zones that saddles huge swaths of Alabama with all the Falcons games.  I could give two sh**s about seeing the Falcons play and get tired of not seeing other better games on TV because of it.

But honestly, I'm glad the MLS team there is doing well.  I hope Nashville's team takes off too.  I just know if you show that meme to 98% of of Georgia residents, they will take zero consolation in that soccer championship.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll also admit, I pretty much hate all the Atlanta teams besides the Braves.  I especially hate the NFL's TV viewing zones that saddles huge swaths of Alabama with all the Falcons games.  I could give two sh**s about seeing the Falcons play and get tired of not seeing other better games on TV because of it.

But honestly, I'm glad the MLS team there is doing well.  I hope Nashville's team takes off too.  I just know if you show that meme to 98% of of Georgia residents, they will take zero consolation in that soccer championship.

*98% of the residents outside the ATL metro, which is only half the state. 

There are more people in the Atlanta metro than there are in the entire state of Alabama. By about 20%.

I think you're a little bit out of your depth here.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

*98% of the residents outside the ATL metro, which is only half the state. 

There are more people in the Atlanta metro than there are in the entire state of Alabama. By about 20%.

I think you're a little bit out of your depth here.

I'd be willing to bet that a sizable majority of ATL residents don't really care about soccer either.  It's fun now - it's new, they were successful right out the gate.  But UGA will put 90k butts in seats no matter how good the Dawgs are.  They haven't won a natty since 1980 and still sold out most games.  The Braves suffered through decades of irrelevance.  The Falcons too.

Like I say, I'm glad MLS is doing well but talk to me in 20 years or after a significant period of being at the bottom.  Then we can talk about whether soccer is on par with any of the other sports events I mentioned in the hearts of Atlanta or other Georgia residents.

Look, it was a mild jab directed at UGA and Falcons fans.  I knew if you wanted to be pedantic you could point to an SEC title here or there, or UGA winning the College World Series 25 years ago.  I didn't mean to hurt any soccer feelings.

I'd be willing to bet that a sizable majority of ATL residents don't really care about soccer either.  It's fun now - it's new, they were successful right out the gate.  But UGA will put 90k butts in seats no matter how good the Dawgs are.  They haven't won a natty since 1980 and still sold out most games.  The Braves suffered through decades of irrelevance.  The Falcons too.

Like I say, I'm glad MLS is doing well but talk to me in 20 years or after a significant period of being at the bottom.  Then we can talk about whether soccer is on par with any of the other sports events I mentioned in the hearts of Atlanta or other Georgia residents.

Or I could, you know, just have been an ATL resident and gone to a dozen or so games and still visit the city regularly and remain attached to the city in many ways, to include following the other sports teams. 

How much time did you spend listening to ATL sports radio the last two years? How many ATL residents are you connected to on social media? How much time have you spent around the city since the team's inception?

You're clueless. But hey, you already said you just want troll soccer fans. Whoa. That's a hot new take. 

Look, it was a mild jab directed at UGA and Falcons fans.  I knew if you wanted to be pedantic you could point to an SEC title here or there, or UGA winning the College World Series 25 years ago.  I didn't mean to hurt any soccer feelings.

You're not hurting feelings. You're just exposing some serious ignorance.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Only in my head is it still 1983😂 we had some good times...........I missed the soccer train by a few years...........treated soccer like I treated Arkansas and South Carolina when entering SEC..........that is till I watched in person.........soccer pretty exciting............sorry you were addressing titan........just wanted to share.

Just now, kevon67 said:

Only in my head is it still 1983😂 we had some good times...........I missed the soccer train by a few years...........treated soccer like I treated Arkansas and South Carolina when entering SEC..........that is till I watched in person.........soccer pretty exciting............sorry you were addressing titan........just wanted to share.

You know I'm always happy to hear from you Kev! I was the same way with hockey. Man, that is a hell of a spectator sport.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're not hurting feelings. You're just exposing some serious ignorance.

Not ignorant at all.  Glad you and 50k fans or so a game love it.  Enjoy.

But I just posted a funny meme.  You got pedantic.

Archived