A-Day Clipbit - Bo Nix TD pass to Matthew Hill

StatTiger

Nicely designed play and great execution to watch in this clip. The play is set up with a couple of short passes to Matthew Hill on this drive. The play itself involves Seth Williams stealing the coverage over the middle of the field on an intermediate route, leaving the corner covering a speedy Hill deep over the middle. Once Hill gets inside of the corner, it was over with as long as the pass is executed properly. Bo Nix makes a great throw, placing the ball in a spot where Hill could adjust to the incoming ball. Nix throws from a clean pocket on this play because of the OL. Watch the OT's (footwork) on this play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p_7551j8pM

Great play design and great throw to the inside by Nix. The best part to me, besides the TD, was KMart running the flat behind the rail. If Hill had been covered, KMart would've gotten 20 easily.

Shows also what a difference a big play receiver can make in Seth clearing out the safety with the double team on him, leaving a speedy Hill one on one!

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, bigbird said:

Great play design and great throw to the inside by Nix. The best part to me, besides the TD, was KMart running the flat behind the rail. If Hill had been covered, KMart would've gotten 20 easily.

Canella looked to be open for the intermediate gain, too, if he needed to get rid of it sooner.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, bigbird said:

No kidding. 

It was a nice play. Unfortunately, it was the number 2 defense and all the receivers appeared to be open. Still, I like that we were actually running routes with all the receivers. 

Remember how Kodi Burns and Cam Newton practiced that pass they use to score on Ole Miss in 2010?  I believe Nix and Hill need to have a similar play perfected (Hill receiving the pass), but only if the coaches are going to burn Nix's redshirt.

Archived