Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

Always remember an Auburn family like this—-praying!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No words to express the sadness we feel...Dear Lord please be with those two orphaned children; please wrap your loving arms around them!

Tragic and sad day for the Auburn family and particularly the Bramblett family. I'll always cherish the memories.

Awful. Life is so terribly fragile. It doesn’t seem real. I didn’t know Mr. Bramblett but I felt like I did. He meant a lot to many. Prayers to his family and friends.

This doesn’t do him justice but I was blessed to be able to chat with Rod many times. He was always nice and enjoyable to talk to. I can’t believe he’s gone. Prayers go out to his family and to the entire Auburn family. This is a punch to all our hearts. We will miss you dearly Rod!

Unbelievable news . When trying to find the AU games I knew all I needed to hear was Rods electric voice and I knew I was home . What a terrible tragedy. The best thing about Rods broadcast were his professional ability to call out bad officiating. His excitement after a big play, and his candid opinion of the game overall. I pray for Rods family, friends , and the AU family . I pray God puts his hands on all of us . Rod you will be so sorely missed . AU broadcast will never be the same . 

8 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I can count on one hand the times things involving people I don’t know personally have emotionally affected me. This is one of them. I’m 27, so Rod is the voice of Auburn to me. Prayers for his wife as she rests in the arms of her Creator and prayers for Rod and all those tending to him right now. Sick to my stomach right now

Same here. Rod’s voice was part of my childhood. Sitting up at night listening to Tuesday night midweek baseball games somewhere in Jacksonville State or something. Felt like Rod and I were the only people that knew the game was even going on, but it was just awesome. Prayers for the family and especially their kids Shelby and Joshua

I am just in shock at the moment.  I can’t believe what I am reading.  So many great memories listening to Rod.  Many prayers going out to his and her family.  Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I hope to in Heaven one day.

”It’s never goodbye, but see you later.”

Rest in Peace Rod and Paula.  

Shock is the right word.  We don’t know when our time may come to leave this earth, but theirs seems way too soon.  Rod is as irreplaceable as Jim Fyffe was to me. It took me several years to get used to him, and now, it will take me years to get used to hearing someone else. Our Auburn family has lost someone very important.  I’m so sad. Prayers for everyone close to them and Auburn fans everywhere.  

This is awful news. Prayers for the Bramblett family, especially their children. Prayers of comfort for our Auburn family. Also ,prayers for the teenagr driver who will have to live with this for the rest of his/her life.🙏🙏🙏

Another reminder of how precious and fragile life is and how we must appreciate it everyday. I know God has a plan that is greater than me but things like this make it hard to remember that sometimes. Praying for those left behind. Rod touched many in the Auburn family and when the sadness lessens will be remembered fondly. War Eagle.

When I woke up to this news this morning it just took my breath away as I  read about it. I  never got to meet Rod but every time I listened to him it was like he was sitting in the truck with me. My heart goes out to their entire family. May GOD lay his loving hand upon those children and comfort them in their time of need. 

I also ask the AUBURN family to remember the young lady that was involved in this too. We don't know her circumstances but she needs to be remembered too. If she survives it will be a difficult journey through life to carry this burden. Praying for all involved. 

We tell our closest family how much we love them regularly. I'd like to take a second to say I  LOVE MY AUBURN FAMILY TOO!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Just devastating.  Still no words. Prayers all around. 

Prayers sent for the Bramblett family and the entire Auburn family. I remember feeling this same gut punch when Jim Fyffe passed away in 2003. Rod, you were the voice of the Auburn Tigers and like Jim, you can't be replaced.  Someone else will sit in your chair beside Stan in the booth and we will grow to love him like we did you and Jim but it will never be the same. Thanks for the memories Rod. Heaven just got a little sweeter with you and your wife being there.

These are what I was looking for...the "full circle" of the 1984 group prom date...it was post-Christmas 2014, heading into 2015.  A wild day on the court, early Pearl, and the Malzahns were there, too.  These are now my favorite pictures of the day.  Staying tuned for ways the Auburn Family at large and beyond will pull together to meet every earthly need Shelby and Joshua have.  The Lord is mighty and He will see to the rest.  We must grieve.  And then we cleave.  Love you, AUFamily.

DSCN9154 - Copy.JPG

DSCN9140 - Copy - Copy (2).JPG

Let’s not jump to any assumptions. Right now all parties need to be in our prayers. Two lives lost tragically and another life I imagine will have physical and emotional scars from this traumatic event.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let’s not jump to any assumptions. Right now all parties need to be in our prayers. Two lives lost tragically and another life I imagine will have physical and emotional scars from this traumatic event.

First, let me say RIP Paula and Rod, may your family have their time of grief and healing and be able to keep them in your thoughts forever.

Our society likes to rush to judgement for who is to blame in a case like this.  The focus should be on how this happened.  What barriers where missed to allow this to happen.  At what point in the chain of events could this thing have been avoided.  Casting blame does nothing to help.  If you do, the reason the incident happened is lost forever.  Finding the route cause can help others prevent this from occurring, even if it’s just one person, it will be worth the effort.

So, yes prayers for the young driver that was involved in the horrible accident.  The driver will have a lifetime to self analyze that night and hopefully learn to from it.

Not even sure what to say other than I'll lift prayers up for the family. I just recently lost my mother on the day before Mother's Day and it's a terrible thing for anyone to go through. 

Archived