2020 3* SG Justin Powell Commits to AU!

22 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

lol the opposing SEC teams are going to hate him so much. He has that look of the white villain of duke lore and fame from those teams!!!! haha. But that is great for us because that means he will be a STUUUUUUUUUUD eventually!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! WAR DAMN!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol the opposing SEC teams are going to hate him so much. He has that look of the white villain of duke lore and fame from those teams!!!! haha. But that is great for us because that means he will be a STUUUUUUUUUUD eventually!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! WAR DAMN!

Perfectly said! Real excited about this kid!

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was going to ask how you could possibly like the guy over Sharife but seeing how our supposed shooters have been this year, it will be relieving to have a guy with a real stroke. 

this guy shot a tenth or two below 60% from the the arc in AAU ball....He is pretty damned athletic to go with that stroke....Cooper is an obvious talent but Powell is a prize that nobody expected, just W&S

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Defense? Rebounding?

We have other guys to do that stuff! lol.

13 hours ago, doverstutts said:

this guy shot a tenth or two below 60% from the the arc in AAU ball....He is pretty damned athletic to go with that stroke....Cooper is an obvious talent but Powell is a prize that nobody expected, just W&S

I don't think we expected him because very few programs know of the guy, not because of being hotly contested. Great to have the guy anyway though

On 12/28/2019 at 11:48 AM, Kaiiu said:

Had an injury yesterday, hope it's not serious.

I'm hoping some news will trickle out on this in the next week or two.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm hoping some news will trickle out on this in the next week or two.

It already trickled days ago. Just never made it's way over here. Hooks says JP will be fine FWIW.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It already trickled days ago. Just never made it's way over here. Hooks says JP will be fine FWIW.

That's great news, thanks.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't think we expected him because very few programs know of the guy, not because of being hotly contested. Great to have the guy anyway though

He’s the #1 prospect in Kentucky, if very few programs didn’t know about him then they aren’t doing the job very well. 

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

He’s the #1 prospect in Kentucky, if very few programs didn’t know about him then they aren’t doing the job very well. 

Even though Kentucky is a basketball state it’s more for their colleges than their high schools. For example Louisville and UK doesn’t often take the best high school players in Kentucky.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even though Kentucky is a basketball state it’s more for their colleges than their high schools. For example Louisville and UK doesn’t often take the best high school players in Kentucky.

👍🏾

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m simply saying he’s not a unknown recruit that popped up out of nowhere. He’s the number one player in his State, has played at a National Prep school, and has been very successful at the highest level of AAU ball for years. As I’m sure you know, Bruce found him as a freshman at a AAU tourney and has recruited him ever since and he chose us over several excellent programs. We got him due to early evaluation and hard work. The fact that UK or Louisville don’t often take top players from their State is irrelevant to what I am referring to. 

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m simply saying he’s not a unknown recruit that popped up out of nowhere. He’s the number one player in his State, has played at a National Prep school, and has been very successful at the highest level of AAU ball for years. As I’m sure you know, Bruce found him as a freshman at a AAU tourney and has recruited him ever since and he chose us over several excellent programs. We got him due to early evaluation and hard work. The fact that UK or Louisville don’t often take top players from their State is irrelevant to what I am referring to. 

Being the number one player in Kentucky is also irrelevant to the theme of what you’re trying to say. What you said in this post is much more on point with a thesis of what you were saying.

12 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I'm really hoping this kid will turn into the cold-blooded sniper from deep that this year's squad is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Congrats to Justin!!

When was the last time Auburn had a participant in that game? Was Mustapha? 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

When was the last time Auburn had a participant in that game? Was Mustapha? 

Mustapha was a nominee but not chosen for the team. He was the highest rated nominee not selected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_McDonald's_All-American_Boys_Game

10 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Mustapha was a nominee but not chosen for the team. He was the highest rated nominee not selected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_McDonald's_All-American_Boys_Game

Paladin, you must be old as me to know this name..... Richard Boone on tv and John Dehner on oldtime radio

Archived