2021 4* Stud Dylan Brooks (2/20: Commits To AU!

ellitor

E is gonna merge this for sure. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

e doesn't merge everything numnuts.............I say that with peace and love

Peace and love back to you numnernuts. 😝 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW, his high school plays really weak competition and they’ve had several recent recruits out of there look great physically, but really struggle to compete at the collegiate level. 

Which recruits?

4 hours ago, toddc said:

E is gonna merge this for sure. 

@toddc Merge what? Let me guess. Fifty created a different thread on Brooks that another Mod merged?

ETA: Looks like Golf did the deed, that ODB. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW, his high school plays really weak competition and they’ve had several recent recruits out of there look great physically, but really struggle to compete at the collegiate level. 

if they play lannett i think they were good? they might not be now.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if they play lannett i think they were good? they might not be now.

My post was in response to a question about J’Marion Gooch (UT O line signee) who played high school ball at a small private school in Seymour Tennessee called The King’s Academy. 

I admire this 4 star rated young man for giving hope to Auburn fans in despair everywhere........Cha Ching!!!!!

• Haha 1

Dylan Brooks officially a Tiger

14 minutes ago

Three days after committing to Auburn, Dylan Brooks, a 4-star defensive end recruit, is officially a Tiger.

The school on Tuesday announced his addition to the program's 2021 recruiting class, meaning his paperwork is in.

Brooks had signed with Tennessee in December, but got a full release with no conditions last week from his National Letter of Intent with the Vols. 

"That's the best place for me," Brooks said Saturday of Auburn. "I just want to stay home -- 334."

Brooks, a standout at Roanoke (Ala.) Handley, committed to the Vols last spring and signed with that program Dec. 16, but made the decision in January to go elsewhere when coach Jeremy Pruitt, two assistants and multiple staffers were fired. Brooks subsequently submitted a National Letter of Intent Release Request, and cited extenuating circumstances (ie: Pruitt's firing) as the reason.

Once Brooks' release became official last Friday, he was free to communicate with other programs and many reached out, including UCF, where former Auburn Coach Gus Malzahn now is in charge. But for Brooks, an Auburn legacy (his cousin is former Tigers receiver Jeris McIntyre), Auburn was where he wanted to be.

When he spoke to Harsin, outside linebackers coach Bert Watts and defensive line coach Nick Eason on Friday, that sealed the deal for Auburn.

“It went good," Brooks said. "They're real genuine guys. Coach Harsin -- he's just straight forward. He's not going to beat around the bush with you. He's going to tell you the truth. I also talked to Coach Watts and he's a good dude, too. And Coach Eason."

Brooks is the No. 76 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He will be the highest-ranked player in the 2021 Auburn recruiting class.

Brooks, listed at 6-feet-5, 250 pounds, could be an edge rusher or strong-side end in college. That will be determined after he arrives on campus this summer.

“They said it depends on how my body grows," Brooks said. "But I really want to play outside. I think I'm better at pass rushing."

For Brooks -- and his family -- a stressful period now is over.

"They just want what's best for me," Brooks said. "They're happy for me."

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

Dylan Brooks officially a Tiger

14 minutes ago

Three days after committing to Auburn, Dylan Brooks, a 4-star defensive end recruit, is officially a Tiger.

The school on Tuesday announced his addition to the program's 2021 recruiting class, meaning his paperwork is in.

Brooks had signed with Tennessee in December, but got a full release with no conditions last week from his National Letter of Intent with the Vols. 

"That's the best place for me," Brooks said Saturday of Auburn. "I just want to stay home -- 334."

Brooks, a standout at Roanoke (Ala.) Handley, committed to the Vols last spring and signed with that program Dec. 16, but made the decision in January to go elsewhere when coach Jeremy Pruitt, two assistants and multiple staffers were fired. Brooks subsequently submitted a National Letter of Intent Release Request, and cited extenuating circumstances (ie: Pruitt's firing) as the reason.

Once Brooks' release became official last Friday, he was free to communicate with other programs and many reached out, including UCF, where former Auburn Coach Gus Malzahn now is in charge. But for Brooks, an Auburn legacy (his cousin is former Tigers receiver Jeris McIntyre), Auburn was where he wanted to be.

When he spoke to Harsin, outside linebackers coach Bert Watts and defensive line coach Nick Eason on Friday, that sealed the deal for Auburn.

“It went good," Brooks said. "They're real genuine guys. Coach Harsin -- he's just straight forward. He's not going to beat around the bush with you. He's going to tell you the truth. I also talked to Coach Watts and he's a good dude, too. And Coach Eason."

Brooks is the No. 76 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He will be the highest-ranked player in the 2021 Auburn recruiting class.

Brooks, listed at 6-feet-5, 250 pounds, could be an edge rusher or strong-side end in college. That will be determined after he arrives on campus this summer.

“They said it depends on how my body grows," Brooks said. "But I really want to play outside. I think I'm better at pass rushing."

For Brooks -- and his family -- a stressful period now is over.

"They just want what's best for me," Brooks said. "They're happy for me."

I like Brook's use of his area code for a reason for signing with Auburn...staying home. Nice analogy...

• Like 1

Harsin on Brooks...

"Dylan is one of the top players in our state who has the ability to come in and make an impact," Harsin said. "He's a great young man with a tremendous skill set and ability to set the edge and pursue the football."

• Like 1

• bigbird unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...